• Where's your tire?
    • Theres a scratch. What did you do?
    • HOLY SHIT.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a coward when it comes to the idea of not torquing my wheels.. shit's scary to me. When I put my wheels on after having them off, I torque them as soon as I lower the jack. Then I move the car about 10ft(out of the shop, driveway, etc..), let the wheels re-center, and torque them again. Take it for a short test drive(5-10 miles), and torque them one last time. 3 times in all. Never lost a wheel or even had a lug loosen up doing it that way.

I'm a coward when it comes to the idea of not torquing my wheels.. shit's scary to me. When I put my wheels on after having them off, I torque them as soon as I lower the jack. Then I move the car about 10ft(out of the shop, driveway, etc..), let the wheels re-center, and torque them again. Take it for a short test drive(5-10 miles), and torque them one last time. 3 times in all. Never lost a wheel or even had a lug loosen up doing it that way.

That right there is old school quality my friend :cool: , and I always treat other people's rides as good or better than my own :D

Guest kamakazi620

:rofl: i was doing about 70 and never found mine!

I was doing 70 too,and my wheel/tire stayed in the wheelwell,It was amazingly fine but the wheelstud were all snapped off!!!!

• Like 1

Well I think I'm in for life now!

The Datsun1200 guys didn't seem to think it was quite as funny as you Ratsun guys.

I don't think I like them anymore. lol

http://datsun1200.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=45111&forum=1&post_id=310398#forumpost310398

we're all loose nutz, so its comes w/the territory. :lol:

it the highspeed losses that make ya :poop:

if you dont learn form others failures, you get to learn them yourself :mellow:

Well I think I'm in for life now!

blood in - blood out!

we're all loose nutz, so its comes w/the territory. :lol:

it the highspeed losses that make ya :poop:

if you dont learn form others failures, you get to learn them yourself :mellow:

blood in - blood out!

Touche!!

I'll say, blood in for life!

I love my datto :)

My car blows :(

Pulled off the wheel today and saw the caliper contacted the back of the rim when it came off and fucked up the caliper. Gotta replace it =/

Also, now my tranny is leaking fluid. Not sure if it's clutch or transmission just yet.

• 1 year later...

Step 1, confirm your wheels still have the correct hole, seat, and washer for the mag lug nuts. Step two, replace ALL your wheel studs and wheel lug nuts. Re-torque to 85 ft-lbs. Re-torque after a drive around the block, then re-torque again in 25 miles. THEN, take a sharpie, mark the lug nuts on the top and on the wheel, so you can see if they move. Inspect as often as necessary.

Is there any chance someone wants to harm you? Seems odd to me as I've (knock on wood) never had a wheel fall off.