Tire Changer Feedback

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They work; they're a lot OF work but if you're looking for a workout and don't want to go to the tire store and pay through the nose, they're OK. The device MUST be mounted to the ground (it won't work just sitting there). I mounted mine to a large pallet and stand on the pallet while using it. Takes some practice.

Basically the post is just something to mount the tire to and use the post to get leverage. The bar handle does everything else. Could be a lot better bar.

Thanks for the replys. It's $5 to change a tire around here which isn't much but I figured if you can do it from the comfort of your own home even better. I was thinking maybe weld it to a plate then weld the plate to some square tubing that'll fit your trailer hitch. You can then change tires from the back of your vehicle. Is 16" the largest wheel you can use on this?

a friend has one that I've used, works ok but use some soapy water to help slip the tire off the rim also the bar tip has broken off and he's had to have it welded back on, maybe would be a good idea to beef it up some.

I've got one that I keep at work and bolt it to my welding table when needed. My biggest problem is that it won't break the bead on an old tire that has been rusted onto a rim for a parts rig. I'm looking for a Coats or similar, what with the Oregon economy the way it is one should turn up sooner or later.

Pretty much pays for itself removing 4 tires. I've changed at least 4 sets by hand with just a tire iron. Hard part was driving up a 2x12 board in the ol lady's fat ass Dodge to squash the tire bead from the rim.