always make sure when you sell your car they put it in their name.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

best advice ever!!!! when reporting the sale of your car never send it through the mail. do it online and then print out a few copies for yourself.

i got a parking bill in the mail for my 1980 audi 4000s i owned like 13 or 15 years ago. the dmv says they dont keep records that long but they did dig something up for me so i didn't have to pay the bill. i let the towing have that car and they must have auctioned it off and the guy never transfered the title. fucker probably still hasn't.

Been through the same thing. I sent in the slip, but if the info they put on it is fake, dmv will not do anything with it. Now, I physically verify the DL and personally take the slip to dmv. I ask them for a copy of the slip...they date stamp it and enter it into the computer right then. Until it's actually registered, you are still the last registeedr owner and they will come to you first....but if you have the copy...you should be covered. I work for the usps....I can tell you many ways a letter can get shredded or lost!! Don't mail it unless you send it registered!!!

....and people wonder why I scrap cars rather than give them away......nobody transfers the title on a parts car(I do), and I'm not letting anyone have a rig with my name on the title unless it's transferred. That ticket I got was $1200 because of towing/storage....I'd rather scrap a $300 car than fight that again!!!

my cousin bought this nice hard top 620 convertable, fixed it up never put it in his name and 3 months later the police pulled into the drive way said it was stolen and he had the 620 ,title but not in his name and they gave it back to the guy...soooooo.....ill buy the 720,is it a kc cause im a big boy....

Been through the same thing. I sent in the slip, but if the info they put on it is fake, dmv will not do anything with it. Now, I physically verify the DL and personally take the slip to dmv. I ask them for a copy of the slip...they date stamp it and enter it into the computer right then. Until it's actually registered, you are still the last registeedr owner and they will come to you first....but if you have the copy...you should be covered. I work for the usps....I can tell you many ways a letter can get shredded or lost!! Don't mail it unless you send it registered!!!

....and people wonder why I scrap cars rather than give them away......nobody transfers the title on a parts car(I do), and I'm not letting anyone have a rig with my name on the title unless it's transferred. That ticket I got was $1200 because of towing/storage....I'd rather scrap a $300 car than fight that again!!!

word