no spark makes ka-kait sad

KA-Kait

So we're at a loss of why the fuck this thing won't start. Here's the deal, the cars turning over, just no spark. We have replaced coil, switched distributor cap/rotor over to magnetic pick up, we've even jumped a hot wire from battery to hot side of coil and the car STILL won't start. can anyone give me some insight on wtf is going on. i think i might pull out my hair next.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So we're at a loss of why the fuck this thing won't start. Here's the deal, the cars turning over, just no spark. We have replaced coil, switched distributor cap/rotor over to magnetic pick up, we've even jumped a hot wire from battery to hot side of coil and the car STILL won't start. can anyone give me some insight on wtf is going on. i think i might pull out my hair next.

this may sound stuiped as hell did you check all the wires i had the same promblem once i had a bad wire it was the ground wire on mine

How is your coil grounded???

If you are using a matchbox dizzy...... the ONLY wire going to the coil ground should be from the dizzy:

dizert.bmp.jpg

The coil should ONLY be grounded when the dizzy sends the "signal" to the coil....

If you just ran a hot wire to the coil and a ground to the coil it will NEVER start

• Like 1

can anyone give me some insight on wtf is going on.

if you think its electrical, its fuel.

it usually simple, like a ground...

got gas? :rofl:

correct firing order?

correctly matched cap/rotor?

did you locate the other dizzies? try using of those.

could try this too...

Movie-allspark-cube.jpg

did you actually test for spark of the coil wire? then after testing the coil did you get spark to the ignition wires to the plugs? sort of process of elimination. for me I would of took off the coil wire and ground it and had someone crank the motor if you had spark then go to the ignition wires and do the same or even pull plug out with wire attached and crank and if spark is rhere then look at fuel. Now if you took the coil wire off and there is no spark there then for sure it would a coil or even bad coil wire or wiring to the coil is bad. hard for me to say as i don't know the extent of your test. Now to backtrack if you have spark to the plugs then check for fuel or fuel pressure. if you have no fuel then you most likely have a fuel pump issue or a block in the line or clogged fuel filter.

now if you have both fuel and spark check timing in regards to cam and crank timing and also if the distributor is lined up correctly.

after looking at your title if you have a KA motor and dist then the dist itself may be a issue. would you have another known good dist to try to swap out?

You wrote:

we've even jumped a hot wire from battery to hot side of coil and the car STILL won't start. ???

GET VOLT METER!!!!!!!!!!!

Just put key to ON and you should have 12volt to the + side of coil. No need to hook up to battery. Thats the white/black wire. some people short the blk/wht to the blk/blu(HOTSTART) this wire will have 12volts in the START POSITION

If you get 12volts then pull the center coil wire out of dist and place near ground and crank it. If you have spark then its fine. ck fire order and plugs and plug wire.

If no12volt with key on ck fuse/keyswitch

If have 12volts at coil

spark try another dizzy. or ground it

B is to +side coil

C is to - side coil

switched distributor cap/rotor over to magnetic pick up? what does thies mean exactly.

also you have a L20b turbo or a KA motor???? As Im familier to L motors.