New Oregon Pacific Wonderland Plates

Just wondering if any of you guys are going to get a set of the New Pacific Wonderland plates that are now available?

Only 25,000 pairs are going to be issued for a one time $100 fee. I think I'll be getting a set for my 510. I've wanted to get some old blue and yellow plates on it but didn't want to pay the custom fees. Plus I want to keep my plates with the "5" and "10" tags on it. :lol:

Anyways, just wondering if any one else was getting a set?

pacific_wonderland.jpg

http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/DMV/vehicle/pacific_wonderland.shtml

I still need to stop by the DMV and find out if they are stamped or if they are flat like those crater lake plates. (my guess is stamped)

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My 521 had OG blue and yellows when I got it, and when I transferred the title they pulled that custom plate yearly fee BS on me, so I just got the new plates, kept the old ones and grumbled all the way home. Tired of all the ways they are bilking us for money these days. The state of Oregon can hug my nut sack. :fu:

if i remember right the plates are for cars from 32 to 64

These are new plates and are available for any car or truck. New or old. :D

That is for the originals. This is just another way for Oregon to get more money out of us. I like them. biggrin.gif

Yeah, but I was planning on getting these before I knew about any of that. I don't mind donating to funds if I get cool stuff for my car. :cool:

My 521 had OG blue and yellows when I got it, and when I transferred the title they pulled that custom plate yearly fee BS on me, so I just got the new plates, kept the old ones and grumbled all the way home. Tired of all the ways they are bilking us for money these days. The state of Oregon can hug my nut sack. :fu:

Hmm, they shouldn't have done that. If the plates are the original plates and have never been off the vehicle then you should be good running them as "normal". If you got different plates and tried to get the old plates back on then yeah you'd have to pay.

I might be restoring a 510 with original Yellow plate with blue letters and see if they pull anything.

Those are sweet but, way to expensive.

Yeah.. it is a bit spendy. Including the plate fees and tag renewal I think it would cost me $200 or so... I was going to retire my plates this may anyways when the tags expire... figure I replace em with something cool. Dunno. :unsure:

Yeah.. it is a bit spendy. Including the plate fees and tag renewal I think it would cost me $200 or so... I was going to retire my plates this may anyways when the tags expire... figure I replace em with something cool. Dunno. :unsure:

Yah, I mean if you have the money then sure get'em there dope!

Thanks for the heads-up Gensaiken!

In the link you provided it said 40,000 will be available.

I've always wanted a set for my ZXT, but it is too new. Time to trade in the Crater Lake plates on 2/3 of my Z's :lol:

So are we able to choose the letters / numbers? Currently we are limited to six characters, plus one space or hyphen.

Now how do we get the vintage "Keep Oregon Green" mudflaps back? :huh:

1547688791_114cf580d8.jpg?v=0

Thanks for the heads-up Gensaiken!

In the link you provided it said 40,000 will be available.

I've always wanted a set for my ZXT, but it is too new. Time to trade in the Crater Lake plates on 2/3 of my Z's :lol:

So are we able to choose the letters / numbers? Currently we are limited to six characters, plus one space or hyphen.

Now how do we get the vintage "Keep Oregon Green" mudflaps back? :huh:

1547688791_114cf580d8.jpg?v=0

I see the number 40,000 but I see people saying 25,000 so maybe the number has been updated to 40,000 from a previous report. I'm oretty sure we can't choose anything regarding the plates with no custom allowed with this style and supposedly you can also renew your plates with in 4 months of expiration and still keep your original registration month.

You guys want those old mud flaps? I saw some of those I think at a swap meet, should have got them. :hmm:

I want one. Of course it would sit on the truck that wont be finished for a long time.

Larry

Wonder if you can get plates with out tags?

I also liked the shirt that says "Orygun". People in Oregon pronounce Illinois like "Il-uh-noise" instead of "Il-luh-noy". People in Illniois pronounce Oregon like "Or-a-gone" instead of "Orygun" :blink:

Remember in the 90's when tons of folks were moving up here from Califonia after the dot-com boom? There was a T-shirt that showed a map of I-5 going through California, Oregon and Washington (and Idaho). The funny thing was, it made I-5 go completely around Oregon, and into Washington, lol :lol: