The Lime Green Machine

1BadZ

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything about that car says a buck 75 at best on the H.P. Wheels and tires. ride height, it's just all wrong to go more than freeway speed. So no need for a WING.

Everything about that car says a buck 75 at best on the H.P. Wheels and tires. ride height, it's just all wrong to go more than freeway speed. So no need for a WING.

175 at the rears is being awful damn generous. I'd bet it's Probably a stock N42/N42 L28 with (if we're lucky here), a header and maybe something resembling a decent exhaust?

I really hopes he signs up at HBZ. I've got popcorn at the ready for that particular show.

I think everyone is forgetting some very important things here.......

Giant obnoxious wings and racing stripes add 250hp. :frantics:

We are luck there are no stickers, it would be so fast we wouldn't be able to see it.

Awesome, thanks for saving the pic, now I can see what I missed! I just retuned the ecu in my 510 to make 800 hp. It's really easy, you just drill a 1/4 hole in the jet of the carburetor and then attach a bigger motor to the top of the carburetor. It's like two in one! :D I'm glad I didn't see this last night, I would have been a total ass to the dude.

I have seen/heard of L20Bs in full race trim making 200hp. But they don't last very long. Much less it's not even vaguely a streetable engine. And even then, you'd need 4.0 liters to make 400 hp. Definitely bs, especially the diatribe of the ECU tuning and diesel garbage.

The pic is awesome though, those are definitely 120 mph all-season radials! :rofl:

WoW

I know enough about engine building to get myself into some serious trouble. I really doubt that guy is reaching much more than 110hp to the rear wheels with his L28. Ive seen an honest 150hp to the rear with a lightly modified L28. I have had problems getting much more than 200hp out of an all out race build personally(thats with the V07 bottom end). Give me some boost and I can successfully hit 400. Thats just me with my limited knowledge base. There are tons of people that could put me to shame.

-Tell me what race engine has smooth intake runners? They are left rough with good reason. It promotes a friction free air layer ie better VE at best probably around %80 in our 2 valve head(my personal guess). Ive seen some NA engines with %100 VE and even a few that flow more than %100 VE. Then your talking 4 valve or better engines with superior intake systems and custom built race heads. He doesnt say he polished them or to what extent he smoothed them. If done right you could potentially have a very good improvement. However, this would only allow potential improvement and is utterly useless without further modifications. The "big throat throttle body" NOT being one of them...Just further potential. I would bet he has a stock intake manifold and 60mm TB from a KA24. Because, you know the stock intake manifold will promote 400 hp and a good VE...(Sarcasm) If he had said he had high runner exhaust ports that had been polished we'd have something.

"

1. I opened the breathing ports on my head to allow a smoother intake = mapping a higher percentage of air into the cylinders.

2. I installed a high Volume fuel pump (not high pressure because it doesnt change if your running a pressure regulator) with the high volume fuel pump i upgraded to a little larger fuel lines and and higher cfm fuel injector = mapping a higher percentage of fuel into the cylinders.

3. The timing has been changed due to the fact of getting both more air and fuel as told by the ecu, and allows the combustion more time to work instead of wasting (as example) 10% of what its used for..

"

-Then the 2.5" exhaust... really even at 400hp on a NA build that would be too big. Try 2 1/8" max. Thats the only way its going to prevent the reversion he's going to have from the straight pipe no back pressure exhaust. Its still going to fall on its face at low rpm.

-This must be his cam from the only available specs, TheZStore cam kit : 10-2003 Lift(In/Ex): .460/.460. Duration(In/Ex): 270/280. Characteristics: Rougher idle, excellent performance. Pulls hard from 3000-6500 RPM. Use with Weber DGV, Triple Carburetors, Four Barrel Conversion, or O.E. Fuel Injection. I dont know why we cant just get a normal "cam card". Sure doesnt look like a 400hp cam. I dont know of a preground cam that he could be using to reach anything near 400hp. IF it were me id have some custom sodium filled titanium valves with some special valve face shaping too, but no mention of the valves.

-WTH does this mean "The timing curve on the distributor has been reground with the timing at +5"? He advanced the timing 5*, but reground what? I dont know of a distributor that you could regrind anything on? Maybe change the advancing weights, or change base timing to 5* advanced, or maybe even set the cam at 5* advance.

-10.5:1 compression. Premium only, but definitely not much potential for 400hp. Hopefully hes using one of those HKS metal gaskets. They use to use the copper gaskets for the high HP/high compression race engines. The standard composites tend to fail in these applications, though I have seen some successful builds with them. They like to burn through between cylinders where they are thinnest and the heat builds up fast.

-My 260Z puts down 264hp 233ft/lbs to the rear. I have a stock RB25DET rated for 260 crank HP. @ 264 to the rear and the NISMO LSD the car has problems hooking up. I put some BFG G-Forces on it and once they warm up the problems slightly subsides. My tire width is 205/60R15. But you guys already called BS on his handling.

-Lets not even talk about the clutch or transmission... its pointless

"L28 with N42 head 10.5 to 1 comp, ported and polished

Aftermarket cam lift 460/460 duration 270/280 (Stage 3)

Stronger valve springs

Milled head and plained block

Big throat throttle body

Upgraded injectors (i believe there 420's)

2.5" Long tube 6-2-1 with strait pipe (no muffler baffle or cat)

3.5" Intake with K&N air filter

High volume fuel pump

The timing curve on the distributor has been reground with the timing at +5"

It all boils down to a crock full of crap... it just smells fowl. Total SHENANIGANS

Thanks for the laugh, I'm just plain stupid sometimes, but seriously this kid must have a small dick or something.

I know enough about engine building to get myself into some serious trouble.

-Tell me what race engine has smooth intake runners? They are left rough with good reason. It promotes a friction free air layer

Thanks for the laugh, I'm just plain stupid sometimes, but seriously this kid must have a small dick or something.

ive not read much on the runners, but for some reason everyone thinks they need to be shiny smooth...

the co-builder for mine said leave it unpolished... same turbulance effect seen on a golf ball in flight ;)

The static air that builds up around the surface of the runner creates an almost Zero friction surface for air to flow through. Having the correct amount of roughness is the hard part. The free-er flowing surface aids your volumetric efficiency. Oddly though a lot of the race engines Ive seen have ported and polished exhaust ports. On L-series I have seen them also weld up the bottom of the exhaust runner and raise the port up towards the intake level as far as possible.