I'm new here and just bought my 1st 510 wagon

MasterSchmo

This is my first post here. I just bought a 68 wagon and stumbled in here doing some research. Great place! Thought I would throw some photos up to see what you guys think. So... meet Eleanor!

1zox72c.jpg

She is a bit rough around the edges but the body is straight. There is some rust around the fenders and the floor pans look like swiss cheese.

332z04i.jpg

24ou9tk.jpg

The engine is not currently running though i'm confident it will. I have only had her home 2 days and she does turn over. The previous owner botched up the ignition so I need to go through it still.

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas where I should take this project? I'm leaning towards a budget resto with some mild performance mods.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey nice to see another 68 goon on here! Congrats on the score and welcome to Ratsun.

Oh and btw, incase you haven't figured it out yet, we all LOVE (read: NEED) pictures, as mundane as they may be, the more pics the better around here!!!

I vote for a resto but keeping it stock.

Check out my 1968 wagon here: http://community.ratsun.net/topic/8106-i-also-scored-a-510-wagon

This is my first post here. I just bought a 68 wagon and stumbled in here doing some research. Great place! Thought I would throw some photos up to see what you guys think. So... meet Eleanor!

1zox72c.jpg

She is a bit rough around the edges but the body is straight. There is some rust around the fenders and the floor pans look like swiss cheese.

332z04i.jpg

24ou9tk.jpg

The engine is not currently running though i'm confident it will. I have only had her home 2 days and she does turn over. The previous owner botched up the ignition so I need to go through it still.

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas where I should take this project? I'm leaning towards a budget resto with some mild performance mods.

i love the 68's, wish i could find a 68 goon or 2door close to me.... :D

Welcome MasterSchmo and Eleanor!

Good looking goon!

Make sure to join THE GOON SQUAD and chime in on the thread!

ーゴキ

Thanks for the great welcome and all the great comments. I found the car on the local KSL classifieds here in Utah awhile back and initially had trouble getting in contact with the owner. You can find a little back story and some more pictures here and here and going forward I hope to have updates on progress I have made.

Jo Schmo