PROJECT DATSUN 620ZXT

I AM A NEWBIE NEED HELP WITH THIS ANY OPINIONS OR RECOMMENDATION I HAVE A 1975 DATSUN 620 SINGLE CAB LONG BED AND I WANT TO DROP IN A 1985 300ZX TURBO ENGINE WITH TRANNY DIFF AND SUSPENTION IS IT TOO MUCH OR IS IT POSSIBLE WITH OUT HAVING TO PAY AN ARM AND A LEG

WILL POST PICS ASAP

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I AM A NEWBIE NEED HELP WITH THIS ANY OPINIONS OR RECOMMENDATION I HAVE A 1975 DATSUN 620 SINGLE CAB LONG BED AND I WANT TO DROP IN A 1985 300ZX TURBO ENGINE WITH TRANNY DIFF AND SUSPENTION IS IT TOO MUCH OR IS IT POSSIBLE WITH OUT HAVING TO PAY AN ARM AND A LEG

WILL POST PICS ASAP

+1 what Skib said , and remember if you are planning to ever sell the vehicle others will not want to pay an "arm and a leg" either if there is less desirable "traits" worked into the car ;) :D ( Given I am in the same boat as you that I don't want to pay through the nose for my hobby's either , but someone has too so the rest of us get inspired too :lol: ;) )

Whatever you plan to do on the route with this swap , don't go cheap where it counts and have fun ! :cool:

DTP

This is not a simple swap. The 620 has torsion bar suspension so very tight to stuff a VG in there. Then there's the exhaust system compounded by turbos. The left side is partially blocked by the one piece steering column/steering box. Everything you will need will have to be fabbed by yourself and will be one offs.

Perhaps the 620 suspension and steering could be cut out and the zx struts and R&P put in. This would free up some room and the brakes up graded at the same time. Hanging an IRS on the back would be different.

Kevin is right. Impossible to pull off with out letting go of an arm and leg. Anything is possible with the two necessary ingredients... Time and Money. It seems like you could do the same thing that Bob3 from Colorado did with his Mazda fusion project, graft everything to the truck frame. But you might be further ahead if you dropped the 620 cab and bed onto the complete Z chassis and engine... no? I saw an El Camino body that was put on a C10 4x4 and jacked up with big tires... it was badd.