Super Clean Datsun L20B Parts

I've got most of an L20b Datsun motor, disassembled. Fresh valve job, lots of headwork fresh out of the machine shop. Its a W58 head. All the work was done by E&L in Hood River. It needs a cam and cam towers, but I could throw in the ones from an L18.

Also have the block, not even a lip on the cylinders, just hone it and its good to go. Comes with pistons in excellent shape, rods, the crank that just needs to be polished.

Take everthing $300obo.

Thanks for looking,

Megan ~ 805-895-8462

https://post.craigslist.org/manage/1601246303/7ci4z

DSCN2716.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No parts were harmed in the making of this picture. After the photo shoot they were returned to suspended animation in the proper orientation and coated with an approved rust inhibitor. The Ratsun Paramilitary Parts Squad can stand down and carry on with the next level of Grand Turismo......

Over and out.

• Like 1

Assuming that it would sag from it's own weight, standing on end would bend it at the bottom most throw. If anything laying it down would spread the weight out evenly. Store it any way that is convenient. Same with the head.

Megan do you know what that head/motor was out of and do you know if the head was dealer replaced or not?

The head and block for the L20 I just got from the machine shop. Its a W58, I'm not sure what it was out of... aren't they all the same?

The L18 is the stock motor from my 74 620.

Which motor are you asking about? and what do you mean by dealer replaced? I don't know the story behind the head and L20 stuff. I doubt the head was ever pulled from the L18 motor, everything is completely original on it.

I'll let it all go for $250obo! :)

The head and block for the L20 I just got from the machine shop. Its a W58, I'm not sure what it was out of... aren't they all the same?

The L18 is the stock motor from my 74 620.

Which motor are you asking about? and what do you mean by dealer replaced? I don't know the story behind the head and L20 stuff. I doubt the head was ever pulled from the L18 motor, everything is completely original on it.

I'll let it all go for $250obo! :)

I've only seen one other W-58 peanut head and it was at a wreckers. The tag said '79 200sx. W-58s were used in them and all L20Bs after '78 but were all open chamber. I was thinking that if it was replaced under warranty by the dealer they may have used the peanut style.

Anyone with a '78 or newer L20B that wants a peanut head should jump on this. The round exhaust port will match your manifold too.

I'm seriously considering this. I thought that the W53 was more suited for my application (doesn't the 58 have decreased flow?), but all the work is done here and I'm guessing the cannon mani will fit well to these ports?

I'd be really happy if you could do the W58 with towers for $185 shipped.

Guest kamakazi620

Absolute horse shit!!!

OK well when you buy a crank or head thats been stored WRONG and the machine shop says its bent,Don't say I DIDN'T WARN YA!!!!! BUILT ENGINES MUCH???????? ya don't talk to me!!! Mike YOU didn't even know GMC built a 305 V6!!!! shit I knew of those when i was 14!!!!!!

OK well when you buy a crank or head thats been stored WRONG and the machine shop says its bent,Don't say I DIDN'T WARN YA!!!!! BUILT ENGINES MUCH???????? ya don't talk to me!!! Mike YOU didn't even know GMC built a 305 V6!!!! shit I knew of those when i was 14!!!!!!

Eat humble pie much?

I'm seriously considering this. I thought that the W53 was more suited for my application (doesn't the 58 have decreased flow?), but all the work is done here and I'm guessing the cannon mani will fit well to these ports?

The W-58 has a larger intake port than the W-53, otherwise valves are the same. The biggest difference is that the exhaust ports are round and they have steel liners in them. The liners are smoothly rounded and have little effect at normal speeds. One of the Z car heads runs with them and no-one complains.

As I said, anyone that now has a W-58 head can move up to a peanut without having to change the exhaust manifold to a square port one.

The W-53 is the peanut head, NOT the W-58. as far as I know.

I'll sell just the head for 150(+shipping if you need it shipped), its missing the cam, cam towers, and rockers, but you can pull whatever you want off the head on the L18 I just pulled out of the truck.

I've also got an L20 resurfaced flywheel, 6 bolt. and a super clean oil pan ready for paint. no dings.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.