Carbon fiber

sssr20det510

Well I called David Pare and he said that he was going to ship the rest of my order out by the end of the year so we will see. I'm planning a trip south and I hope it DOES NOT involve having to stop at his shop other than to say great job. I have the rear hatch hinge cover and some of the order, but I did not want to install any of it until I have all the pieces to make it complete. I would like to order other pieces also. We will see.

I have only seen pic's but his stuff looks awesome,now if he can be timely he should get good repeat business. I have done a few things carbon fiber,but find it very difficult to keep the weave consistent,if anyone has suggestions on technique im all ears.

• Like 1
  • Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed on E-Bay that a seller in the San Diego area has a carbon fiber stock looking instrument cover for around $189 for sale. That would look great with all the other carbon I am getting.

I just saw the instrument cover in ebay, its for a right hand drive bluebird. If you got a bluebird very cool! thumbup1.gif

• 1 month later...

I hate to report about my experience with Mr. David Pare, but.....

I Ordered over $700 worth of CF for my wagon on the 3rd of April. I have called and faxed David at the first of every month and everytime he says that he will send door panels or some different part of the order. I have tried to be patient because I want all the parts to make the car look complete.

So far to date he finally sent the hinge cover and some rear door panels, but all the rest of the order has still not arrived even though when I contact him he always promises that he is sending some parts and I will see them in a week.

I sure would like to have the rest of my order fullfilled. This is a business transaction, I paid with a visa card. I have a business and do not operate in this fashion.

Well now Mr.Pare does not return my phone calls.

Anybody have any ideas what I should do to get the rest of my parts?

• Like 1

I Ordered over $700 worth of CF for my wagon on the 3rd of April. I have called and faxed David at the first of every month and everytime he says that he will send door panels or some different part of the order. I have tried to be patient because I want all the parts to make the car look complete.

So far to date he finally sent the hinge cover and some rear door panels, but all the rest of the order has still not arrived even though when I contact him he always promises that he is sending some parts and I will see them in a week.

I sure would like to have the rest of my order fullfilled. This is a business transaction, I paid with a visa card. I have a business and do not operate in this fashion.

Your patience is phenominal,I would have already flown down there and freaked out,and then probably went to jail.

• Like 1

take him to court and sue him, once he is served I would bet your parts arrive quickly. Also tell him you want some of your money back for court filing and server fees.

Sorry you had to go through this, but think of all the people you have saved from the same fate. I was going to buy some parts from him months ago but after reading your posts I didn't even bother.

• Like 1

i say go to his shop and get your money back, or pay me to go break his knees, i live down the street ahhaha there may be another company in sacto,cali making parts soon top line quality guys been making parts for nhra cars for over 12 years, decided to make some datto parts, i will talk to him and see where he is at, but he isnt going to be as cheap as dave..... like stated, you get what you pay for...

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I read the stories and ordered a wagon hinge cover in CF anyway. I met Dave at Eagle Rock, and also told him that I was planning on painting the cover, so if the weave isn't perfect that's not not a big deal to me.

Of course, it's late already, but we'll see what happens.

Well, I read the stories and ordered a wagon hinge cover in CF anyway. I met Dave at Eagle Rock, and also told him that I was planning on painting the cover, so if the weave isn't perfect that's not not a big deal to me.

Of course, it's late already, but we'll see what happens.

Could'nt you have gotton a fiberglass one for about 1/2 the money? As long as your painting it,or is it all about saving weight?

yeah, cause its carbon fiber duhhhh!!!!:lol:

Viable reason! Dennis vi-a-bul meaning : capable of growing or developing <viable seeds> <viable eggs>

a : capable of working, functioning, or developing adequately <viable alternatives> b : capable of existence and development as an independent unit <the colony is now a viable state> c (1) : having a reasonable chance of succeeding <a viable candidate> (2) : financially sustainable <a viable enterprise>

Could'nt you have gotton a fiberglass one for about 1/2 the money? As long as your painting it,or is it all about saving weight?

The cost difference was only a few bucks, so I when I get into serious drifting, the weight savings will be an advantage.

I also have a cf light fixture for it, so I will save even more weight.

The cost difference was only a few bucks, so I when I get into serious drifting, the weight savings will be an advantage.

I also have a cf light fixture for it, so I will save even more weight.

I thought there would be a substantial cost increase for c/f. Good to know thanks.

Happy to report that I now have all of the order that I paid for, eleven months after the intial order.

It seems that David Pare has updated his website with some different prices for some of the products that I ordered, and eliminated a couple of items for Datsun 510's.

One part that I need, that would make the car "complete carbon", is the rear hatch access panel. He no longer lists that part. Bummer!! Another part that he previously had listed was a radio cluster. That part would have been nice also. A cool part would be the dash instrument panel.......

I think that 510 keeper was trying to get a radio cluster with 3 gauge panel made.

I'm sorry that I had to say the things that I had to, to Mr Pare, but........

Happy to report that I now have all of the order that I paid for, eleven months after the intial order.

It seems that David Pare has updated his website with some different prices for some of the products that I ordered, and eliminated a couple of items for Datsun 510's.

One part that I need, that would make the car "complete carbon", is the rear hatch access panel. He no longer lists that part. Bummer!! Another part that he previously had listed was a radio cluster. That part would have been nice also. A cool part would be the dash instrument panel.......

I think that 510 keeper was trying to get a radio cluster with 3 gauge panel made.

One part that I need, that would make the car "complete carbon", is the rear hatch access panel So its a wagon?

Good to hear that it all finally came through. Post up some pictures when you get a chance

One part that I need, that would make the car "complete carbon", is the rear hatch access panel So its a wagon?

And the 510 keeper did finish his cluster gauges,they are in the for sale section.