roll bar/roll cages

Sinnful

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah jeremy's right I can build whatever. Right now I'm wrapping up a full eco cage on a cherokee, which I will post some pics later. But yeah I need a rig to mock up. And I can them full weld in or bolt in. A simple roll bar 2 point or a 4 point or whatever some one wants

the Z woulnt be ready for much for a while but Im just trying to compare prices in the mean time.

Alright skib, just let me know when you are some what ready. Then we can figure out what you want and price and all that stuff. And then we can see how busy I am, I usually fill my shop fast with work.

Just an FYI I believe that to be legit for road racing or track use...Minimum tubing size for cars weighing under 3000 pounds as raced is 1.50" x .120" or 1.75" x .095". Cars weighing over 3000 pounds as raced must use a minimum tubing size of 1.75" x .120". Properly-bent, racecar-grade and -quality tubing is mandatory: no stretched or crushed bends allowed. DOM mild steel is very strongly recommended over ERW (seamed) tubing.

Just an FYI I believe that to be legit for road racing or track use...Minimum tubing size for cars weighing under 3000 pounds as raced is 1.50" x .120" or 1.75" x .095". Cars weighing over 3000 pounds as raced must use a minimum tubing size of 1.75" x .120". Properly-bent, racecar-grade and -quality tubing is mandatory: no stretched or crushed bends allowed. DOM mild steel is very strongly recommended over ERW (seamed) tubing.

thats what he uses, you should see his rock buggy and other cages he builds

The SCCA rules I seen was 1701# to 2699# was 1.5 x .095 or 1.75 x .080 DOM tubing. Unless it has changed since I read that which was a couple months ago. And yes the only tubing I deal in is real DOM, I do not use anything else. But thanks for mentioning that, I will be checking into that.

how much for a basic bar just somthing that loops from behind the doors and has a harness bar i have it planed ot in my head i just dont have the abillity to make it right now just somthing basic to hold he harness for the driver really

how much for a basic bar just somthing that loops from behind the doors and has a harness bar i have it planed ot in my head i just dont have the abillity to make it right now just somthing basic to hold he harness for the driver really

you could prob make one of the bolt in 510 cages work with a few mods