81 200sx(daily driver)

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Picked up this bomb for $267.00 taxes in..

The body is pretty decent for a Van Isle 200sx(they all seemed to rot away :blink: )

Seems to run decent,drives great,has a new starter,battery,tires :D

Is going to be my daily driver,the wife can drive the newer car :lol:

200034.jpg

200033.jpg

200031.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey lou I may have passed you going the other way this evening! Was in the Port all day working. One thing that never stays on those cars is the tiny chrome trim on the top rear of the front fenders up by the windshield. If they are still on there, immediately take them off and either save them or glue them back on. :lol: Good score.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Hey lou I may have passed you going the other way this evening! Was in the Port all day working. One thing that never stays on those cars is the tiny chrome trim on the top rear of the front fenders up by the windshield. If they are still on there, immediately take them off and either save them or glue them back on. :lol: Good score.

Shucks Mike,Shoulda pm'd me or something could of had a coffee.

I will have to look for the chrome on the top of the rear fenders :lol:

I thought it wasnt too bad the brakes in a 29 year old car that work like they did impress me ;)

I thought it wasnt too bad the brakes in a 29 year old car that work like they did impress me ;)

Hah, should have better brakes than a stock 510 Lou! Z20e eh ... 5 speed too? Should move along pretty good, weighs about 400lbs more than a 510?

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Hah, should have better brakes than a stock 510 Lou! Z20e eh ... 5 speed too? Should move along pretty good, weighs about 400lbs more than a 510?

:lol:

Is true Jason.

Went from driving the olds(,4 wheel disc,abs yada yada)Into the 200 and is why I was impressed,Thought would be a fair bit softer and less responsive :P

Nah its a ghuttomatic :( ,Still enough power to take on the hump without slowing :thumbup:

Its even has cruise that works :rofl: :w00t:

Congrats. Man i remember back in the mid-80s that car was the ultimate (affordable) japan techno gadget. Especially if it had the 120-button radio.

Now you is on a slippery slope. More luxury, bigger, newer styling. It never ends. When you hit rock bottom you will go back to your early simple Datsun.

Is true Jason.

Went from driving the olds(,4 wheel disc,abs yada yada)Into the 200 and is why I was impressed,Thought would be a fair bit softer and less responsive :P

Nah its a ghuttomatic :( ,Still enough power to take on the hump without slowing :thumbup:

Its even has cruise that works :rofl: :w00t:

Hah, must be the age thing Lou, an automatic yet :D :P ! You and Mike can make up the century pair on cruises now :cool: :lol: !

No no no it's at the rear of the front fender up near the windshield. There's a 4" chrome strip, likely missing.

Lou, I might have a set of clutch pedals for that.Might have a Z bell for a 5 spd. too.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Congrats. Man i remember back in the mid-80s that car was the ultimate (affordable) japan techno gadget. Especially if it had the 120-button radio.

Now you is on a slippery slope. More luxury, bigger, newer styling. It never ends. When you hit rock bottom you will go back to your early simple Datsun.

Ultimate techno gadget :lol:

The radio 120 button :rofl:

510 is the "true" datsun love of mine :sneaky:

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Hah, must be the age thing Lou, an automatic yet :D :P ! You and Mike can make up the century pair on cruises now :cool: :lol: !

:o

You can carry the spares in the "goon" eh Jason :P :hyper:

Guest 510kamikazifreak

No no no it's at the rear of the front fender up near the windshield. There's a 4" chrome strip, likely missing.

Lou, I might have a set of clutch pedals for that.Might have a Z bell for a 5 spd. too.

Yes yes yes :rofl:

Meant to say the top rear of the "front" We all know rears have no fenders in a unibody car right :rofl: :sneaky:

Change it to a 5spd ,the wife wont drive a standard :rolleyes:

Sure wish I could do that kind of stuff now (thanks for the offer tho Mike) :mad: :no: :(

The frigging trip to get the thing damn near killed me(the back)uhhgg :angry:

O.C.D ? :lol: :P :D

Do I see a set of slotted mags on those badboy's ? ;) :D

WOOOOOW !!! Your just like me , the more duplicates the better :lol: :cool:

Which is bigger the collection of "Datto's" or "Depends" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ( just yankin ) :hug:

Thats one badboy collection there 510freak :thumbup: B)

Guest 510kamikazifreak

O.C.D ? :lol: :P :D

Do I see a set of slotted mags on those badboy's ? ;) :D

WOOOOOW !!! Your just like me , the more duplicates the better :lol: :cool:

Which is bigger the collection of "Datto's" or "Depends" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ( just yankin ) :hug:

Thats one badboy collection there 510freak :thumbup: B)

:rofl:

Yeh apperantly several are better then one :sneaky: :rofl:

I think Mike and Jason are taking the lead on the depends :P :poke: :rofl:

Thanks,I think I have between 40-50 Z car diecasts in various years all opened yard sale finds :blink:

:o

You can carry the spares in the "goon" eh Jason :P :hyper:

Yo Lou, that's me alright, the trash hauler :cool: ! Someone's gotta keep the bits to keep us going eh? With the 3 of us we'd be WAY over the century mark though, hey, we'd be older than the car's ages :lol: !

If you guys were both 21 we'd be over a century.

I called this picture "the load out". It's a Jackson Browne tune that describes the roadies loading up the bands equipment.

Jason004Large.jpg

Somewhere in there is three blocks, L20B, Z24, Z22. A set of 6" rods, three sets of main bearing caps, an L20B timing cover and an R&P from a 200sx. I know there was more... Jason?

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Yo Lou, that's me alright, the trash hauler :cool: ! Someone's gotta keep the bits to keep us going eh? With the 3 of us we'd be WAY over the century mark though, hey, we'd be older than the car's ages :lol: !

Trash datsun parts trash? :rofl:

Thats right keep us going Jason :P

Over a century :unsure:

:w00t:

Guest 510kamikazifreak

If you guys were both 21 we'd be over a century.

I called this picture "the load out". It's a Jackson Browne tune that describes the roadies loading up the bands equipment.

Jason004Large.jpg

Somewhere in there is three blocks, L20B, Z24, Z22. A set of 6" rods, three sets of main bearing caps, an L20B timing cover and an R&P from a 200sx. I know there was more... Jason?

:blink:

What I would give to be 21 "again" Mike

Thats one way to lower the rear of a wagon eh Jason :sneaky:

Jason will remember what was on that mega load he un-loaded it. Ow my back!

That was quite the load for the 'goon guys... I remember trying to muscle the stuff out at the other end :blink: , wow, why does the smallest and oldest guy have to move all the heavy stuff eh :P ! Funny thing is that the 'goon didn't even squat down more than another inch withe all that stuff, really stiff rear suspension :cool: !

I figure between the 3 of us we're closer to the second century mark than the first one guys :lol: !