Feeler-- WTT NL320 for 510 or Z car

Alright, I've come to realize that doing the NL justice is out of the scope of my budget right now. It needs a windshield (this is the real deal breaker for me) and tail light lens. The gas tank is in the bed of the truck so it needs to be cleaned and new gas line to run. The brakes are suspect. And it needs a battery. But it starts when I have a battery and the gas line in a jerry can. 

So: It IS a project. But it is a good base for someone wanting rare Datsun metal to roll in. I'm putting out this feeler for two reasons:

1) I know this is a sweet project and someone on Ratsun is going to be passionate about it and do it right (the Ratsun way)! I figure it will take $2k and some dedication to get it roadworthy. I could spend that $2k on my 67 520. 

2) I'd like to have a running car instead of a project while I get my truck project done. I'd prefer a 510, but I know that is slim. (what I really want is a goon- yeah right!) So a Z car is the next best thing for me. 

I can trailer the NL within a reasonable distance to meet you halfway - I realize that Wichita, KS. is close to nowhere. 

I can work with a shipper to get the NL to you and I can roadtrip to pick up your trade bait. I guess I'm saying I'm easy to work with. SO: Whatcha got?

Before the pics- I would sell it, if the offer is right. For the offer to be right for me I would need to be able to buy a Z car locally off of CL. I doubt that will happen. I did not post a price since I am more interested in a trade. You can search Wichita CL for an idea of the $ if you like.  I'll be glad to have a discussion around this and if I am off base- well, that is why this is just a feeler; though I am serious about it- just ambivalent.

If I get no takers, I'll start fixin her up next winter I guess and give her to my daughter when I'm done. (I got 8 years until she can drive   :rolleyes:)   

320.jpg

320_1200.jpg

320bed.jpg

320frontSide.jpg

320frontSuspension.jpg

320frontSuspension2.jpg

320taillights.jpg

320tail.jpg

320rearSuspension2.jpg

320vinPlate3.jpg

cab.jpg

dash.jpg

floor.jpg

headliner.jpg

seat.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...but I only have one and a half........I mean seriously....Melvin's can't really be counted as a whole one can it? :)

I hope it goes to someone that can handle a project like that. It's nearly a twin to mine. The taillights have been repopped by a company previously, so getting new ones is not insurmountable. The bezels are way harder to find and yours look okay. As for the window....any 320 will fit...but you're not in the right part of the country to be able to find a used one. One of the guys up here kept whining that he couldn't find a window....several came up....so what he really meant was that he couldn't find one for free! Anyway.....

Good luck. :)

Random,

But Denveratsun... YES I owned a Simca (your signature). It was a Aronde Ciel ragtop about 1958. Had it for all of 8 mos. Turned it over to a guy in LA, who was CR@ZY for the car. Very nice styling... Fiat running gear... so French style with Fiat engineering :0( Kind of like a Nash Metropolitan... American style with English engineering ;0( I have one of those too. "Thank you sir, may I have another..."

i want an nl bad! i'd ttrade either of my datsuns for it, but i doubt you'd want to or that we could figure out how to do it. they are runners!

chopb210.jpg

You have PM.

:D I got me a NL320..... :o What could I be doing with this? You'll just have to wait and see

Dude, with your skills, I can not freakin wait!!! Congrats!

:D I got me a NL320..... :o What could I be doing with this? You'll just have to wait and see

SOLD!!

I know some secrets, but I ain't tellin.  :lol:

• 2 months later...

anybody seen Rodney (oldskoolminitrk)? I've been PM'ing him for over a month now with no response. Transaction not complete and now said buyer apparently MIA.

Anybody around the ATL know Rodney and have seen him lately? I'm both a little concerned, as I knew he had lots of things going on and I hope he's okay, and a little frustrated that this transaction has taken 4+ months so far. Does anybody have any news and/or words of encouragement?

i'd hate to put it back on the market....

put it back on the market...hell give it to me soo i can trade mike for his wagon!!!

who is this Mike person of which you speak? What goon does he have that he would want to trade for a NL320. :-)

his borderline-cruel joke is referring to me :) If that were a 312 wagon, I'd be all over it, but I've already got an NL I keep thinking about selling.

If you look in the for sale section...I posted the info for the tail lights....should you change your mind and think about keeping it.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.