KA24DE versus SR20DE

KA24DE engine or SR20DE engine  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which engine is better for racing and performance upgrades? KA24DE or SR20DE?

The basic block is the same, but the RWD SR came turbo. Our FWD SR came without turbo. Not only that, but the intake is different, due to transverse location, the oil pan is different, and there are some features on the back of the block that are different.

You can still easily put a FWD SR NA in a 510. You might have to make an adapter plate for the tranny or something, but it's nothing a fabrication shop can't do. I think most people just prefer to run a turbo if they're running an SR in a RWD car. No reason not to. Makes a lot more power.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dude what lynch is saying is this engine internals are the same lynch is my friend i have talked to him he has send me links to websites for parts for his se-r and i looked around on them there is aftermarket support fot the rwd sr20de but because of the 240sx guys everyone wants the det so it takes center stage

hrh

to correct you they DO make a RWD non turbo SR20DE it came in jdm silvis. In japan not all silvias have a turbo you can buy a non turbo model.

also i know this cuz i bought a RWD sr20de from panda grage (thats when i found out they made a RWD non turbo) and i have had bolth the srde rwd and fwd side by side, though they look alike they are very diff....

im sure the crank, rods, cams, internals are the same but just about everything outside the motor including the block is DIFF.

ALSO YOU CAN NOT PUT A FWD SR IN A DATSUN 510. unless you put the dist threw the firewall as it comes off the back of the block!!

^^thats the only header i have ever seen made for the RWD n/a sr. and that dose NOT clear the LHD datto 510 if you dont belive me ask okayfine!!!!

show me a header for a sr20de??? and not a 1500 dollor one

im not talking about a turbo header

false info is saying the FWD and RWD srde is the same when its not.. if it was then every one would have one in their dime

you sir are an idiot!

The basic block is the same, but the RWD SR came turbo. Our FWD SR came without turbo. Not only that, but the intake is different, due to transverse location, the oil pan is different, and there are some features on the back of the block that are different.

You can still easily put a FWD SR NA in a 510. You might have to make an adapter plate for the tranny or something, but it's nothing a fabrication shop can't do. I think most people just prefer to run a turbo if they're running an SR in a RWD car. No reason not to. Makes a lot more power.

ya you could do that, but what im sayin is there is rwd aftermarket support for the de.. he's tryin to say theres not or its rare.. lol..

dude what lynch is saying is this engine internals are the same lynch is my friend i have talked to him he has send me links to websites for parts for his se-r and i looked around on them there is aftermarket support fot the rwd sr20de but because of the 240sx guys everyone wants the det so it takes center stage

Thank you very much! :) my point exactly..

hrh

to correct you they DO make a RWD non turbo SR20DE it came in jdm silvis. In japan not all silvias have a turbo you can buy a non turbo model.

that parts correct, they do make na rwd sr's they're just not common cause everyone wants the det's.. an they sell for similar prices.. so ya..

omg dude thats a diamond in the ruff.. i've seen s15 de's before.. but not an autech one, especialy rwd and on ebay!.. nice find!

also they did make a FWD sr turbo in the USDM and it came in the G20

Wrong, the G20T is not a turbo, the T stands for Touring.. it came with a limited slip transmission aswell as some other interior junk and a wing..

neither does a stock sr20det manifold in less you go rack. if you want a header you have to make one or modify one.

yep, although there are some companys who make them.. i think mazworx might?

you sir are an idiot!

ya you could do that, but what im sayin is there is rwd aftermarket support for the de.. he's tryin to say theres not or its rare.. lol..

Thank you very much! :) my point exactly..

that parts correct, they do make na rwd sr's they're just not common cause everyone wants the det's.. an they sell for similar prices.. so ya..

omg dude thats a diamond in the ruff.. i've seen s15 de's before.. but not an autech one, especialy rwd and on ebay!.. nice find!

you sir are the idiot cuz you can not read!!!!

im talking about a RWD SR20DE AFTER MARKET!!!!!!!!

like i said show me some headers and parts for DE's since you see them all the time

and no i dont wana see se-r parts

you guys must not know i have owned se-r's 240's i know alot about all the diff sr's and ka's and what not in time you guys will learn!!!!

so from now on ima keep my mouth shut cuz 420 is gods gift to the SR motor!!!

the only thing thats hard to find if not impossible is the headers.. the rest of the stuff isnt an issue and im TALKING ABOUT RWD just because i own a fwd sr doesnt mean thats all i know about.. why dont you hit up mazworx.. they might build you a header.. it would be high quality.. jwt for the cams.. or BC.. theres even some austrialian companys.. you must not know how to search.. shit cost money man.. if you wanna do a na sr an go fast you gotta spend some cash..

the ka header like the fwd sr headers on ebay are junk, i mean ya they work.. but nothing like a real header.. like i said.. if you wanna make a fwd sr go fast you gotta pay..

also not i voted ka for this thread.. an have said it a few times already.. lol i just didnt want you to cloud peoples opinions or whatever with shit thats not true...

im building a DE dime right now man i knwo how much it cost.. did you see page 2??? im syaing the dude wants to race... in dirt.. did you read the thread?? or jsut come to trash talk me???

all im saying if dude wants to race in the dirt ka24 will be cheaper and MORE CHEAPER after market parts cuz they are more popular here in the states

hrh

also i know this cuz i bought a RWD sr20de from panda grage (thats when i found out they made a RWD non turbo) and i have had bolth the srde rwd and fwd side by side, though they look alike they are very diff....

im sure the crank, rods, cams, internals are the same but just about everything outside the motor including the block is DIFF.

ALSO YOU CAN NOT PUT A FWD SR IN A DATSUN 510. unless you put the dist threw the firewall as it comes off the back of the block!!

My bad on the SR20DE rwd option. But YES YOU CAN PUT A FWD SR IN A DATSUN 510! :) Cut a hole THROUGH the firewall, use a different head, fill the hole and run a DIS, etc., etc. Just depends on how much fabrication or work you want to do. Hell, I measured a Titan 5.6. It'll fit. Not nicely, but it'll fit. A bit overkill though.

im building a DE dime right now man i knwo how much it cost.. did you see page 2??? im syaing the dude wants to race... in dirt.. did you read the thread?? or jsut come to trash talk me???

all im saying if dude wants to race in the dirt ka24 will be cheaper and MORE CHEAPER after market parts cuz they are more popular here in the states

I thought you were done here? :D Sorry man, I just had to. Lol!

My bad on the SR20DE rwd option. But YES YOU CAN PUT A FWD SR IN A DATSUN 510! :) Cut a hole THROUGH the firewall, use a different head, fill the hole and run a DIS, etc., etc. Just depends on how much fabrication or work you want to do. Hell, I measured a Titan 5.6. It'll fit. Not nicely, but it'll fit. A bit overkill though.

you are most certainly right sir!!!!! anything is posible im just stating in this THREAD whats posible for THIS guy!! not everyone on this forum

hahaha yeah i love every one on this forum...

its my fav forum and i think we all have something to learn from one another soo yeah its all good thanks for informing me on the g20t when i saw that i was like i guess that has a turbo... but see what i get for guessing lol

and a lil sand in the vaginal area always makes me a lil uptight aswell

uhh thats what i was sayin, my point was not everything you were sayin was true..

Okay, just to show you there's no hard feelings, I did think of this since you were getting a little worked up there. Of course Lynch was being an argumentative bastard too, but oh well. Hehe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7IHyGzPYIU

heh :P

WOW GUYS!!! When I made this post I had NO IDEA it would get so heated. :poke: lol...I have a local company that imports RWD SR motors and trannys, that's why I put this up for debate. It looks like the KA24DE is the clear winner here though. Thanks everyone for the input. It looks like I'll start a KA search for my next engine build. Of course, there seems to be a lot of debate at to weather or not to use the DE or the single cam engine as well. lol. I'll have to cross that bridge when I come to it. Thanks again guys. :thumbup: