FWD vg30/auto car wanted

I'm not in a hurry, but I'm going to start looking around for a cheap fwd vg/auto car. As much as I hate cutting up cars, I figure it's safer to get the entire rig so I can choose what parts to keep/toss. I need the cradle, struts, pretty much the whole drive train setup. Basically, as long as it runs good with a decent tranny, I don't care how smashed up, rusted out, or abused the body is.

I prefer it to be in the Portland area, but I guess if it's a killer deal, I could come to seattle to get it. I'd rather not.

Once/if I find one, then I may see about selling my vg/5spd/with harness & ecu setup that I just pulled from an '85 300zx. Perfect deal would be a trade.

Anyway..... :)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I haven't made it on here much lately!

I may not seriously start looking until next spring, but I'm thinking a mid-eng rwd setup should balance that light little rig out nicely :) We'll see. Who knows....it may end up with the E1 in there for several years! That would give me time to do EI and throttle body FI on it :) .....just for the hell of it :)

I found a couple on CL, but $900 is more than I want to spend right now, just to have to mess with storing it.

Be nice to get one of the vg's in one of the wagons before I start the NL. I think I can wait...I'm mean, heck....that E1 should roast the 18's once I get them on......right?! :) only if the tires on sitting on top of that load of crap!!!!!

Mike I heard the fwd and rwd bell pattern is the same. So you could use the vg you aready have. Why couldn't you also use the mini van vg? The mini vans are fwd. I also don't see track width being a problem, you just need to mix and match cv shafts, it turns out you can take cv shafts apart, my fwd buddys do it all the time with there engine swaps. I wouldn't be surprised if you could use the s13 spindles with the vg trans if you find the right cv shaft configuration. That way you could run dual A arms :D

P.S. I'm not a vg guy, I'm just tossing thoughts out there for my buddy :)

ooo....nice ideas!!! I'll have to check into that further. Hopefully, the van had a bit stronger tranny. The vg from the 300 runs really nice....so I like the idea of just getting another trans setup.

I know I can take the cv's apart, but I just worry about just how much work that will be with the A arms and all. hhhmmm...actually, the length of the cv shafts is the only real issue....so maybe it's not as big a hurdle as I thought. Thanks!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I already have 2 rwd vg setups. I don't think I'll look anymore until maybe next fall or the following spring...too much to do with what I have.

Maybe somebody else can grab it. I wonder how much they want?

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.