So, who did I see??????????????

My wife, Terie, and I were driving yesterday morning on I-40 from Needles to Barstow. I saw a peagreen car that I was catching up to before Ludlow and sure thought it looked like a 510 wagon. It WAS!!!!!! Washington plates headed westbound. I quickly wrote on a piece of paper "R U on Ratsun.net?" He nodded "yes". I then wrote "I'm Steroid" which My wife held up. He nodded His head and gave a thumbs up. So who was this? I have the plate # (I will not post it here) but haven't found yet a photo on Our threads. Anyway, nice to see a fellow Datsun fan out driving. Next time, stop by and say Hi if You're in the area!!!!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thats awesome!!! washington plates eh?? hmmm... i dont know any ratsun'ers with a pea green 510 wagon.. so yea steriod i may need another air dam soon... and roll pan.. Not because i fucked the ones up i've already got but because i have yet another 620 and i'll be damned if i dont put them on .. funny thing is both trucks will look Very Very similar... until you pop the hood and notice.. 1 has a KA haha

Hey Lynch, OK, I'll be picking us 5 airdams next week. The rollpans (louvered) I already have. Thanks. I'm still looking at photos to try to find that wagon. A clue is there were five numbers only, no letters. Mike

Steroid: Hopefully I haven't completely missed a big thread about this somewhere else, but what are these airdams/rollpans you're referring to?

As for on topic, I always love seeing people from the forums on the road. Haven't met anyone off this forum yet, but hopefully sometime soon (and hopefully for all the right reasons!).

Which brings me to another thought... anyone considered making Ratsun stickers, with the name and/or logo? I think it'd be nice to show some love for the site that keeps your favorite car running... :D

cool steroid, i'll let you know when im ready.. as for the stickers there are some somewhere... check the general discussion a page or two back....

as for the airdam an roll pan..

mytruck001hg1.jpg

mytruck003ya8.jpg

there ya go .. some people dont like the roll pan, but it sure beats the hell out of a big gaping hole. an ster' does good work an doesnt charge a damn arm and a leg for them

Nice, they look pretty slick. Are they metal of fiberglass?

I wouldn't mind a front airdam, but I've got a 521, so I don't think it'll fit. As for the rollpan, I'm planning on making one up myself to clean up the back and mount my lights to...

I remember I put a "Home Depot" airdam on my little Civic back when I had it... it was just a six foot strip of black rubber baseboard molding, screwed in to the base of the front bumper every four inches by chrome self-tapping metal screws. I had blacked out turn signals (bumper mount) as well, so it made it kinda look like a track whore from the front... it was pretty sweet... :D

Edit: Bah, looks like I can't find any pictures of the car with the lip on it... Shame...

Hi guys. Thanks for the complements!! The airdams that I sell have been made from an original 1970's piece that I tracked down. If You can believe this, it was still in the box and never mounted, which was perfect for a mold to be made from. So, yes, You are getting a NEW airdam, but it is an exact 70s design from an original. Also, the airdams are much thicker with more fiberglass than the thin, mass produced originals. The rollpans are cold rolled steel (better for chroming) that were produced at a fabrication shop. I also tracked down an original, which I took to them and they copied. Whenever You are ready, just let Me know at steroid620@yahoo.com Thanks again.

A little off topic but not. Kiznook have you mounted up your 510 air dam yet?I was told the work great on the 521?

a LITTLE off topic? I haven't even posted in this thread!

anyway, to continue off topic, no I haven't mounted it up yet. hopefully by Canby I will though! I can vouch that the behind the bumper style 510 dams DO fit quite well on the 521.

The wagon had a Brock type front spoiler. The car had a slight rake to it, which looked nice and had a "nismo" sticker on the rear wagon side window. Did You take a picture of it at that October XXX meet? I'll try to find that event's photos.