620 seat swap ideas

Nas

The stock bench seat in my 74 620 is straight up booty.

It bounces and squeaks and drives me nuts.

It's filled with hay?...horse hair or something nasty like an early vw bug, and I hate it.

Just wondering what you guys have replaced your stock seats with.

I know its a matter of going to the yards, and seeing whats available for the day, but I'd like a little bit of direction...

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i got s13 seats in mine

I like the shape of those.

How did you modify you rails to get them to sit at the right height?

I have honda seats in mine. :rolleyes: I know honda. huh.... But, hey they where cheap and fit in nice.

What model seats do you have?

I dont hate on hondas!

Ive had Del sol seats before, and loved them.

try a 720 bench if ya wanna stay with a bench,Thats what i got

Im considering this too.

What kind of materials and patterns have you guys seen in 720 interiors?

I have black vinyl a bench out of a 91 s-10 it fits good,looks good,and is it is a little narower than the stock 620 seat. I'am 6'3" and it is comfortable

Ill start looking for these too. Thank you.

Do you happen to know what colors of vinyl chevy offered for the s10?

black, blue I would think...and brown or tan maybe?

if you have access to them, the 91 - 95 acura integra seats are a good fit, i am using them without headrests, and all i had to do was bend the front mount brackets out straight they then line up with holes already in the floor mount rail, drill one hole for the rear inner bracket along the tunnel, and make a 90 degree angle for the other rear mount bracket , they sit level and look good, the driver side has adjustable back and lumbar and leg supports and they are sporty looking.ck them out, i got mine off craigslist form a dude parting one out, or ck your local yards. :cool:

i too am looking into swaping the bench for a bucket. my bench is in really good shape i just want a cup holder.

the hard thing is all the yards around me keep the doors open on the cars and the seats are all shit. that

and i have a reg cab so theres not much room for most buckets.

i think sick620 is rocking some camaro seats in his 620 tho

I put '00 Dodge Neon seats in mine, fit nicely, had to make brackets for them though.

If you look on cl, you'll find seats. I got 2 sets of front seats and the rear seat for free from a guy in Salem. They were damn near brand new, and very comfortable.

I'm curious if you're determined to stick with a bench or swap to buckets? 80's BMW 3 series had a recaro type bucket that you might find in a yard. The key with buckets is the thickness of the back, the thinner the better.

As for benches, there are a lot of options. I think both Mazda and Isuzu have a bench that has a notch for the shifter, possibly even S10's.

The one below was in a LUV, but the owner told me it's a later Mazda truck bench...

DSC04239.jpg

Here's the late 80's Ranger bench I had in my LUV...

DSCN0351.jpg

I put Mazda Miata seats in my '78 kc

New620KC5-9-09002.jpg

New620KC5-9-09004.jpg

New620KC5-9-09005.jpg

Id love to do this and hook up the speakers, but since Im in a standard cab, and 5' 11" (6' on a good day), I dont know if I will be comfortable in those at a 90degree angle.

i have honda buckets in my 73, i am going back to the bench though as i cant lean the seats back far enough to be comfortable.

This is what I was afraid of.

Which honda buckets are you running?

if you have access to them, the 91 - 95 acura integra seats are a good fit, i am using them without headrests, and all i had to do was bend the front mount brackets out straight they then line up with holes already in the floor mount rail, drill one hole for the rear inner bracket along the tunnel, and make a 90 degree angle for the other rear mount bracket , they sit level and look good, the driver side has adjustable back and lumbar and leg supports and they are sporty looking.ck them out, i got mine off craigslist form a dude parting one out, or ck your local yards. :cool:

I think I know the ones.

(teg years ran 86-89, 90-93, 94-01)

The 90-93's had the best seats.

My brother put some from a 90 teg in his crx.

Really beautiful gray and black tweed numbers.

Id like to see a pic, if you have one. Seems like taking the headrest off would help out too.

I'm curious if you're determined to stick with a bench or swap to buckets? 80's BMW 3 series had a recaro type bucket that you might find in a yard. The key with buckets is the thickness of the back, the thinner the better.

As for benches, there are a lot of options. I think both Mazda and Isuzu have a bench that has a notch for the shifter, possibly even S10's.

The one below was in a LUV, but the owner told me it's a later Mazda truck bench...

DSC04239.jpg

Here's the late 80's Ranger bench I had in my LUV...

DSCN0351.jpg

Im not exactly sure, yet...just throwing ideas around.

There are so many options out there, its making my head hurt.

Then theres the matter of finding them locally at a decent price.

Im hoping to find something either brown cloth or in vinyl, so I can dye it to match the rest of my color scheme.

Yeah, I love the e30 bmw seats. They have that little piece that hangs down to cushion the back of your knees.

• 10 years later...

Reviving an old thread, but I was curios if 720 seats, or at least brackets made for the 720, will bolt straight into the 620? I found a company that makes race seat brackets but they don't make one for the 620.

https://www.plantedtechnology.com/application-guide

Other wise I think the PO has the Integra seats but the back bolt locations aren't bolted down. Does anyone have a picture as to what is needed to attach that?

20200822-193326.jpg

• Like 1