datsun made a skyline???

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It started with the DAT motor car company, who eventually built a car called the DATSON, which was changed shortly to DATSUN to avoid a similar Japanese word meaning 'to loose money'. Within a couple of years of this the DAT motor car company merged with the Nihon Sangyo Co. On the stock exchange, Nihon Sangyo was shortened to... Ni-San..... and now.... you know the story.

The first SKYline was produced by the Prince Motor Company (PMC) in '55 and was produced right through the merger with Nissan in '66. (the Gloria was also a hold over from the PMC) The first of the Skylines that would form the Skyline Legend, (the Skyline 2000 GT-R) was introduced by Nissan in '69 .

Thank you Merlin for keeping the legend alive on your site.

It always been NISSAN since '32 but there are lots of stories why Datsun was allowed to be used so loosely to describe this car company, possibly to distance the NISSAN name from the North American market after WW II. NISSAN eventually dropped the DATSUN name over a two year? period ending in '83 I think. My '78 620 says DATSUN by NISSAN eventually becoming NISSAN (sometimes with a smaller Datsun badge below the name) and finally just NISSAN. I have the badges from an '84 Maxima wagon and both badges are displayed on the back. One of the last cars to ever do this a year late after the changeover.

well thx guys for clearing that up oh and i didnt trust what i read on wikipedia before because u can edit so u know some dumbass changed something to be funny so thats why i dont use wiki but now i get the whole thing cuz it said nissan on the game but then in the in car view the steering wheel said datsun so i was confused but now it makes sense!

well thx guys for clearing that up oh and i didnt trust what i read on wikipedia before because u can edit so u know some dumbass changed something to be funny so thats why i dont use wiki but now i get the whole thing cuz it said nissan on the game but then in the in car view the steering wheel said datsun so i was confused but now it makes sense!

Forza 3 FTW btw

Forza3 > GT3

but Ill let it go this one time ;)

GT4 is betterish(for realism sake) GT5 (when it comes out) will be the end all. Forza3 is really nice, but... its just not gt level realism. Im having a great time in my supercharged awd 510 Vq37 though. I can't stop playing Forza 3 actually damn addictive and Im tired of playing GT prologue. I have a logitech wheel/seat combo when 5 comes out. gonna be damn fun.

And here I thought that Nissan made the Z car...the underhood plate must be lying.

Forza 3 is so lame, what with putting a Datsun steering wheel in a Skyline. GT5 Preview is so much better, and reportedly GT5 will includes all of these:

Datsun B210 '78

Datsun 510 '73

Datsun 240z '70

Datsun 240Z '73

Datsun 260Z '74

Datsun 280ZX '78

Datsun 280ZX Turbo '83

Datsun Sunny Estate '81

Datsun 1200 Coupe '72

Datsun Laurel 2.4

Datsun King Cab Pickup '78

Datsun Pickup '89

That is true, they didn't have an option back then, unlike my '93 hardbody which WAS optionally sold under the Datsun name in Japan! Which is why it's a D21. For Datsun, get it! :cool: