next bay area meet?

N0RCALDIME

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep the next Nor Cal (So Bay) Meet will be on 1/28/10. I'll post more info about it later on a thread and in the usual spots (JNC/CL/Etx).

sadly those meets are b south bay on a thursday at or just after folks get off work so they are southbay/unemployed meets. Something in the east bay to sac region and on a weekend would be ideal.

Well the OP did say Bay Area, Sac/Davis are not considered the Bay Area. You guys should plan something up there as there are quite a few of you guys up there. If you put the location/time/etc up for opinons though you'll be bombarded with everyone's recomondations that most likely will suite them I'm sure. Just pick a place and a time and stick to it. Those that want to come out to a meet will, those that don't won't, it's really that simple. I did this assuming this and the turn out has been great each and every time, even with the temp dropping during winter.

"Unemployed meets"...funny I was just wondering how your sticker business was going. This time suits most since they show up straight from work on a weekday leaving their weekends free to do things with gasp...family/non-datto friends or take care of plenty of other non-datto related things.

I'd be down for a Davis meet too. Santa Clara is a long drive for a Thursday meet, for me.

So here it is, the news is in. We are having a big swap meet, car show in Sac the 21st of feb. It will be at Pare Composites (Dave Pare's new shop). This is a Sunday. And will be big if us Datsun heads make it big, (the sac friday meets have seen better days as far as turns go) We did this swap meet last Feb. and had a great turn out. We will not be having a BBQ this time, but there are food joints near by. Stand by for more info. I will be posting more info shortly.

Yep the next Nor Cal (So Bay) Meet will be on 1/28/10. I'll post more info about it later on a thread and in the usual spots (JNC/CL/Etx).

Well the OP did say Bay Area, Sac/Davis are not considered the Bay Area. You guys should plan something up there as there are quite a few of you guys up there. If you put the location/time/etc up for opinons though you'll be bombarded with everyone's recomondations that most likely will suite them I'm sure. Just pick a place and a time and stick to it. Those that want to come out to a meet will, those that don't won't, it's really that simple. I did this assuming this and the turn out has been great each and every time, even with the temp dropping during winter.

"Unemployed meets"...funny I was just wondering how your sticker business was going. This time suits most since they show up straight from work on a weekday leaving their weekends free to do things with gasp...family/non-datto friends or take care of plenty of other non-datto related things.

His location is Alamo, not quite bay area either. My suggested location and such was to allow more norcal people in general to be able to meet up. Forgive me for being optimistic. The 'southbay/unemployed' description was to indicate one of the other, not that southbay guys are unemployed, but that if you werent in the south bay you would most likely not make that time and day.

Business.? its rather good actually. But, I must illustrate I do signage and to call it a sticker business would be like referring to full service mechanic shop as a jiffy lube. If this reply sounds brash....... well so does yours :P

His location is Alamo, not quite bay area either. My suggested location and such was to allow more norcal people in general to be able to meet up. Forgive me for being optimistic. The 'southbay/unemployed' description was to indicate one of the other, not that southbay guys are unemployed, but that if you werent in the south bay you would most likely not make that time and day.

Business.? its rather good actually. But, I must illustrate I do signage and to call it a sticker business would be like referring to full service mechanic shop as a jiffy lube. If this reply sounds brash....... well so does yours :P

Well the OP posted a "bay area meet" and the bay area consists of the following cities, none of which is Sactown, so :rolleyes:

- San Francisco

- San Jose

- Oakland

- Fremont

- Santa Clara

- Sunnyvale

- Redwood City

- Concord

- Walnut Creek

- Richmond

- San Rafael

- Vallejo

- Santa Rosa

- Napa

- Santa Cruz

- Hollister

source My link

Plus since you've never been down to the SoBay meets how would you know who's made it down? We've had guys come from all over the bay area, not just the South Bay.

BTW, any and all mechanic shops do what you can get done at any/all Jiffy Lube so they are related just like your signage business is related to stickers, same difference.

You pretty much earned your stickerboy status when you decided to chime in on how crappy my chrome outlined sticker is that I have on my 510 trunk. Oh and almost a year into having it on my trunk thru rain/fog/whatever and guess what...not one sign of rust like you mentioned would occur. :unsure:

Your link is from wikipedia which anyone can edit, doesnt include smaller locations. Think about it for yourself. Santa Rosa is listed as 'bay area' but American canyon is between Vallejo and Napa and isnt listed. Re-read this thread, nowhere have I EVER said Sac was bay... I mention having a meet somewhere between the 2 regions as 'ideal'. Say what you want about the southbay meets. I never bashed them, just stated they are difficult for anyone workin a 9 to 5 to make if you're not close already.

I dont remember ever using the phrase crappy. Most anything I said about your decals was as information as I would assume anyone using those inferior brands must not have known. You can call me what you want, but if you cant see the point in my 'mechanic' example, its a lost cause ... :rolleyes: is perfect - agreed to move on. I think anything further should be in PM's

Your link is from wikipedia which anyone can edit, doesnt include smaller locations. Think about it for yourself. Santa Rosa is listed as 'bay area' but American canyon is between Vallejo and Napa and isnt listed. Re-read this thread, nowhere have I EVER said Sac was bay... I mention having a meet somewhere between the 2 regions as 'ideal'. Say what you want about the southbay meets. I never bashed them, just stated they are difficult for anyone workin a 9 to 5 to make if you're not close already.

I dont remember ever using the phrase crappy. Most anything I said about your decals was as information as I would assume anyone using those inferior brands must not have known. You can call me what you want, but if you cant see the point in my 'mechanic' example, its a lost cause ... :rolleyes: is perfect - agreed to move on. I think anything further should be in PM's

So does everyone at the meets you go to all show up at the same time which is at the beginning of the meet? I don't know about those kinds of meets but we have lots of people showing up throughout the night since our meets down here last hours, so those that get off at 5pm can drive down and still make it out by the normal start time of 7pm (just earlier during Winter due to the time change making it dark way too early). Now if you're coming from anywhere near the Sac region and don't want to drive 2 hours why not just go to a Sac area meet and not bother with one way down here in the bay area.

Right so you proved your a sticker expert with your unsolicitated critique on it, I know it is your business but again I just wanted to point out it hasn't been an issue whatsoever. Again your mechanic shop to a Jiffy Lube comparison wasn't a very good one as most non wrenching people don't see a big difference as they're both mainly used for regular maintenance things that can get serviced at either place. Obviously the major difference is major repairs, but that's about it...so it's kind of like a sign is not too far off from being nothing more than a big sticker right I guess. PM's for what? I don't think there's anything left to be said. Have fun at your fully employed meets :rolleyes:

• Like 1

gentlemen lot of hostility in this thread i can see hyphys point for us who live on the outskirts of the north bay the south bay meets are kinda a long haul and i see what he ment by the unemploied statment case in point me i am unemploied it would be easier for me to make the south bay meets the hyphy who works 9-5 because i could leave early to avoid traffic and kill time in town but in hyphys case it would suck to get off work and sit in traffic and one around here would be nice instead of having to make such a long haul i personaly would love to make it out to one of the south bay meets but it couldnt be a regular thing for me i agree that we could find a spot in between sac and san fransisco that way there are more choices and more people can come out and have a good datto time i beleve that was the only point that was trying to be made that way people have options based on where they are to choose which meet to go to

as for the sticker stuff i cant say much i would think that thicker is better but i have had many stickers from hyphys shop on multiple things before i ever met him and there good items i have also noticed that almost every busness in this town has had there signs done by there shop they seem to be doing rather well

anywho lets let the hostillites die down and move on with life we all agree to dissagree

as for meets in the north bay area there are the vacaville meets that i have mentioned before as well as a new one that i have found in suisun thanks ot another member of this forum (username escapes me at 5 am :P) its thursday nights at 8 by the marina i went last thursday and this is how the datto scene looked

DSCN0084.jpg

DSCN0085.jpg

forgot the memory card for my camera so i only got these but there was also a 69 510 there 2 ae86's a early 70s corrola a late 70s celica 1 s14 2 s13s 2 vws and an fc

Guys you forget it about the cars and trucks and some of use live south 2 hours and want to go and if it was more north would not be able to go as traffic that way sucks

im not sugesting moving it im sugesting making another one so the guys further up north can go to a meet without driving 2 hours

I had chosen not to reply to this thread further, but after re-reading it I found that after my first post Ive only been trying to clarify what it meant to Mario who seemed to have taken it as an insult personally. It was never meant that way and his replies have only succeded in causing a rift. Get over it, its dropped. You do your thing, ill do mine. You could come to the same realization if you took a step back for a second.

Bonvo- seems the weather this week may put a damper on that meet, but im down to go.

I really need to get out and make the south bay ones that are held on thursday's. they are a bit far for me when I get off work but need to meet more people out there. maybe I should host one in SF somewhere to increase variety of locations