next bay area meet?

N0RCALDIME

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i was out in suisun thursday and snapped some pics hyphy came out in his 300zx and subwayguy4 came out but without the dime here are some pics

i got there early (an hour early went to eat with my grandma down the street) so i had a mini photoshoot while i waited

DSCN0104.jpg

DSCN0105.jpg

DSCN0108.jpg

DSCN0109.jpg

then others showed up

DSCN0112.jpg

i really liked this s14

DSCN0113.jpg

DSCN0115.jpg

DSCN0116.jpg

DSCN0117.jpg

hyphys z31 and my car

DSCN0114.jpg

there was another 510 there thats owned by another forum member but for the life of me i cant remember his username and i couldnt get a clear shot cause there were always people around it

I read most of the thread and came to the realize a new meet should be proposed in a neutral location accessible to most of us here in the Bay. I myself found the South Bay meet posted as "BayArea meet" to be too far for me and others during a weekday and in rush hour traffic, forget it! My idea if any member would consider it would be to chose from the following cities Castro Valley, Berkeley, Dublin, Alameda these cities are accessible IMO to areas in the south bay, peninsula, east bay and north bay. I think travel time for most would range from 30-60 minutes away. Lets say the meet happens on a Thursday evening after 6pm coming from the Vacaville/Farfield it would take about 50-60 minutes, people in Santa Clara/San Jose about 40-60 minutes depending on traffic. Myself from Pittsburg it would take me about 45 minutes those in fremont /Hayward 20-30 minutes, those from San Fran/Palo Alto/ San Mateo will range from 30-60 depending from which one your are traveling. My pick would be between Castro Valley or Dublin. Does anyone have city suggestions or would wanna vote on a city???

I myself found the South Bay meet posted as "BayArea meet" to be too far for me and others during a weekday and in rush hour traffic, forget it!

That's funny since I've never posted it as "Bay Area meet"...I'd love to see where you found it posted as that since below is how I've posted all of our meets in the events forum.

South Bay, CA Ratsun/Datsun/Old School Meet

Nor Cal's South Bay, CA Datsun/Toyota/Old School Meet Part 2

NorCal's SoBay, CA Dat/Toy/Old School Monthly Meet Part 3

9/24/09 NorCal's South Bay Old School Import Meet #4

10/29 Nor Cal South Bay Old School Import Meetup

12/17 Nor Cal South Bay Old School Import Meetup #5

01/28 Nor Cal South Bay Old School Import Meet #6

Anyway you have a valid point if you wanted to organize a one time specific meet up but if you plan on having a regular meet and you begin asking for everyone's input, guess what...that's exactly what you'll get and everyone will give you a location, date, and time that really will suit themselves (believe it or not). That's what was the case for the longest time. Do some searches and you'll find old dead threads on 'let's plan a meet'...where there's a TON of initial interest from a lot of people but when it was all done and saiid guess what, there weren't any meets.

Rather than continue that trend I figured screw it, so the time was decided on based on the relatively successful Thurs night meets that go on in San Diego, so I figued hell if they can have regular weekly meets on Thurs nights, why can't we. I know weekly meets are a bit much so the monthly basis was deemed a better fit. I initially assumed it would be a small number of guys showing up as the case in San Diego (which I've attended so I knew what to expect) and figured even if it was just 5-15 guys it would still be cool to hang out and talk Datsuns, but I was really surprised at the average turn out to these meets down here in the South Bay. We've held our 6th meet on 1/28/10 and even with the time change (less light and cold weather) we're still seeing plenty of people come. Sure some come down from a bit further than others (some came from Concord at our last meet) and some of them would ideally like to have some meets closer to them but you'll never please everyone and some will not come because it'll be too far for them for any number of reasons, so instead of trying something so futile, why not just plan a meet in the North Bay to satisfy all the guys up there? Seems like it would be a cool meet to have so it won't be too far out of the way for what seems to be more than enough folks to have a good turn out.

There are definitely smaller, non-specific meets locally to almost everyone if you know other local car guys. The Suisun meet Bonvo and I go to is rather small, but if you are interested drop either of us a PM and we can fill you in. Im fairly certain more meets will get organized when spring comes around aswell.

There are definitely smaller, non-specific meets locally to almost everyone if you know other local car guys. The Suisun meet Bonvo and I go to is rather small, but if you are interested drop either of us a PM and we can fill you in. Im fairly certain more meets will get organized when spring comes around aswell.

yeah theres not alot of us and its small bu its the best meet i have found in this area

That's funny since I've never posted it as "Bay Area meet"...I'd love to see where you found it posted as that since below is how I've posted all of our meets in the events forum.

Yeah you got me there my apologies. I am new to the forum so I am unaware of any efforts in gathering enthusiast alike in the past and not working out. You can't please everyone thats for sure particulary those who find it a hassle. But I myself wil attempt to get those closer to me to meet up either for weekend cruise or a casual meet to hang out.

One of these days I'll make it to your South Bay meet..