dual dcoe mani

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These are good manifolds, but.

They are long runner and in a 510, you may not be able to get the air cleaner on the rear carb if you are using a stock master cylinder. I cannot remember the exact dimension, but a 50mm air horn would not fit on the rear bore, not enough room.

Good manifolds

But Long as DimeDave said

and finding the center linkage parts are hard to come by.

Troy Ermish might have a 18RG kit to make this work or you have to rig a center pull setup

no i dont have any of it any more i sold it all off like 3 month ago what a dumbass I am (And please dont quote me on that)

and I will look into troy

thanks

okay i found a guy who has a intake but iam not sure if it what i want.from previous encounters with dual carbs i think i want a intake that has a "runner" in between each carb.thats the one i want right, not 2 single intakes for each carb right please correct me if i am wrong

aaahhhh me want are you teasing me?????

i may just be. only problem i have selling the intake is that i will have a pair of dellorto dhla 40's with no intake but beings my soon to be exwife has taken my project truck and will not let me have it. i have nothing to use them on alnong with a ton of other good engines parts but not a complete engine now that she has taken my new pistons and expansion plugs and and Z22 crank i have the block and rods so ya see my dilima here but make a reasonable offer and ya never know it may be yours

I have ran both the short Mikuni and the long runner Comp intakes on Lisas car and had great performance from both I am currently running the short Mikuni manifold I had a problem with the long runner manifold coming to close to the #4 header tube but if I was running a stock exhaust manifold it would haved worked great (still have it in the garage if your interested), the two piece manifolds are fine I have ran that style on Lisas 521, You can still buy them new I think from Troy I can ask him tomorrow and get back to you

Clayton

Has the linkage mount on it and rigid one piece. May have an internal balance tube. (can't really tell from the picture) Assume there is a tapped vacuum source. Appears to come straight out from the head.

1piece.jpg

Appears to have a balance tube and vacuum port. No linkage mount. Appears to come straight out from the head.

cannon.jpg

Two of the same manifold, no balance tube or provision for one. Has a tapped vacuum source on each and no linkage mount. Appears to mount the carbs slightly higher than the ports on the head... may be good for header clearance or to avoid heat.

datman2.jpg

A good vacuum source (preferably one with a balance tube) is good if you have a brake booster. The vacuum tube 'softens' the intake pulses.

Appears to have a balance tube and vacuum port. No linkage mount. Appears to come straight out from the head.

cannon.jpg

it does have a linkage mount, look at the threaded holes on the ends, altho not as beefy as the other mani that was posted. (i do have all linkage to this mani) it does have a small balance tube built in. yes it does come straight out from the head but has a slight angle downwards but straight when mounted on the head. i am guessing it angles to compensate for the L series tilt to keep the floats level. yes it has a vacuum port for the brake booster.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.