Bucket Seat Information Wanted

ohpyramids

I have been looking for some new seats to put into my 510. The car is used for road trips, weekend driving, and track. There is no rollcage now, but there will be one installed this January. I don't know much about Race buckets, but I want leather and (i think) reclinable. Im 6' 3" sorta slim.

Looking at a pair of black Recaro LS buckets. Dude wants $1000. Not sure what theyre really worth, but I like the look of them. Kinda look like they came out of a Starion- but less raggedy hah. Any opinions or things I should look out for?

Recaro17.jpg

Recaro01.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

$1000 seems way too much for those. I bought a set of Recaros in black leather for my Z. They were pulled from a Mitsubishi Evo with only like 700 miles on them. Basically brand new for only $700.

New_Evo_Seats_020.jpg

I picked up these leather seats from an Acura RSX for $150 for the pair.

Acura_RSX_seats_012.jpg

And I got this entire Recaro interior from a 2004 Saturn Ion Redline for only $500

4.jpg

There are better deals out there. Just gotta look

I picked up a pair Recaro buckets out of a 2006 Saturn Ion Redline with 20K miles for $450. The seats are virtually brand new. Same style as the ones Quik510 posted pictures of above, but with gray inserts not blue. Very sharp looking in the black/gray combination and will go with about any color 510.

The Chevy Cobalt SS also uses the same Recaro seats except the SS logo was added to those seats.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You can get a pair @ a wrecking yard out of a VW Scirocco for about $200.

Back in the day I had black leather Recaros from a Scirocco in my 620 KC. Looked great and they were comfortable, but.....

Occasionaly I would forget how high the sides were on that seat bottom. Getting out of the truck sometimes resulted in crushed nuts :blink: . The Recaros are gone now , replaced by some Dodge Daytona cloth buckets. Much happier with the new seats, even if they don't look as cool.

Haggle that price too I just watched a pair of those mkII's sell for 200. I love recaros, was looking for a set of either mkII's or the e30's myself until I came into the z33's.

I'd haggle that price too I just watched a pair of those mkII's sell for 200.

Thats a pretty good deal. I have the backs for those guys but no bottoms. :(

Thinking if i should just sell them, or make a bracket and mount them on some random seat bottoms. True ratsun style.

• 1 month later...