my goony runs!!

jonesy510

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yup im running the 46 round top hitachi's out of a z :eek::eek: with the flat top pistons and al that jazz!! im so excited to drive it. im just waiting for my dizzy to come in and it should b road ready!! had to borrow a dizzy for the video. ill post pix of them wen i get a chance.

is it a real RHD?...sounds good..:D

haha naw i wish it was!! im not to good with computer stuff and i didnt relize it looked like it was rhd till my friend my friend "Papi Chulo" said something and started to make fun of me for making look that way:blink:

What are you running?

i have an l18 with a peanut head, l20 cam, twin 46 hitachi su's, flattop pistons... not sure if they are the Z20S pistons...... and not sure if im running the l16 or l18 rods... nissan 2 1/2 comp header.. and a magnaflow muffler :)

hey twiggz do u know if the motor has l16 rods and the z20s pisonts??

sorry Jonesy, I don't know much about that motor other then what I told ya. The guy I got the yellow goon from didn't know a thing other then it had SUs on it. Glad you got her running again. I can't wait to get my motor and parts into my new shell :)

I told ya that comp header with a magnaflow sounded great.:D

i have an l18 with a peanut head, l20 cam, twin 46 hitachi su's, flattop pistons... not sure if they are the Z20S pistons...... and not sure if im running the l16 or l18 rods... nissan 2 1/2 comp header.. and a magnaflow muffler :)

hey twiggz do u know if the motor has l16 rods and the z20s pisonts??

Z20S pistons and Z20E 6" rods will work on an L18 crank and have a -.79mm deck height.

If you are sure you have L18 rods then it was bored to 86mm and L28 flattops were used.

L16 rods and Z20S pistons give a combined 19.5mm negative deck height! No way. This would amount to 6.91 compression.

ooo thanx for the info mike!!! im not to sure wat rods i have but i do know i have flattop pistons

and goki im trying!! haha i used a friends dizzy because im waiting for the one i bought to get here.. and then i have to pray the my pedestal i have is the right one for the dizzy im getting o.O im also going up this weekend to take it to santa Barbara for a freeway test and a car meet "gotta rep the datsuns"... i drove it around town for almost 3 hours with out a problem so no its time to test it on the freeway

well today i was lookin at my goon and i think i wanna lower it more... i already have 3 inch blocks.... and i have to cut more of the drive line tunnel because i still hit on something every now and then.... so i was thinkin of droppin it another inch by addin another block... would it b safe to stack a one inch block on a 3 inch one?? im not making crazy amounts of horse power with my lil l18 so i dont have to worry about axle wrap ... or do i??? wat else would i have to watch out for if i decide to go lower???

anyways i was wondering what do my fellow ratsuners think?? i would post pics of how it sits now but im to fucking lazy to dig them up and u can c how it sits in the video...

all and any info would b greatly appreciated

thanx

ive ran a 3 and 1in block stacked before on my old luv. people will tell ya that it isnt safe, and it isnt, kinda. but that truck is still cruisin around with the stacked blocks and has never had a problem. the way it see it with blocks, is if they are mated up tightly and flat when theyre stacked than youll be okay. make sure the ubolts are tight. and id run the 3in block on the bottom and put the 1incher on top.

have fun and be safe!

im a complete idiot wen it comes to suspension but my friend was talk to me about doin a 4 link rear suspension if i wanna go lower in my wagon and i was wondering wat is the benefits of doing a 4 link instead of just using another block so my car is a total of 4 inches dropped???

I think the pinion angle is too much using 4" blocks. I'm not too sure what exactly is "too much", or how fast you will wear out your U joint. I'm guessing with 4 link you wont have that issue.

Someone told me once, that if you are using large blocks, the top will need to have an angle cut into it to correct the angle of your diff.

Just guessing here, I really dont know :P

personally I would not lower a car too low. I know it looks good but sometimes it can hurt you handling wise. I would rather have better handling over looks. but anyways if you use a 3" block and then want to add a 1" to make 4" I would not just stack it. I would look at at least welding it to make sure they are one piece. as for the wedged style blocks I think those are good for say trucks/cars where you are mounting the axle under a leaf to raise a vehicle as that would really affect pinion angle but on 510 wagons the axle is above the leaf so what you are doing with the blocks are moving the axle closer to the chassis. now as for pinion angle. it would seem if the axle is going up higher it would make the pinion and axle more inline with the driveline but it is dangerous in terms of banging the driveshaft to the tunnel and diff housing on the chassis. now as to the 4 link if you do that handling would be better as you would have more control or adjustment due to helm joints and coilovers but that is up to the budget. take a look at the thread I believe jesusno2 is doing. that looks interesting and sane. as for me I use 2" blocks and new shocks and have been changing bushings and use a rear sway bar and handling is not bad. looks wise I am fine with 2" low. just need a panhard bar. Good luck and If anyone has anything to add to this would be great as education about suspension is good info to learn.