Justin's Z thread

Guest DatsuNoob

Guest DatsuNoob

well, here it is in all its turd brown glory. 1 '76 280Z, approx 150k on and L28 with 5speed trans, R200, your normal dents, dings, rust, etc. Not too shabby for $800 IMO

fall141.jpg

fall137-1.jpg

Lost my badge to the car wash sprayer :(

fall143.jpg

fall145.jpg

Here was one of the main selling points :rolleyes:

fall146.jpg

Rust isnt so bad in the hatch area

fall147.jpg

Somewhat rare steering wheel according to Zuum510

fall148.jpg

Turbine copies with Z centercaps :cool:

fall150.jpg

Got a new shirt for the new car too

fall139.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Runs great too! :D

That wheel is an Italvolanti (I think anyway, and not nardi but momo pattern). Its easy to read, but hard to say. :lol:

The wheel is OK, but the adapter is the more rare piece... maybe not "RARE", but hard to find and expensive.

GRATS btw Justin, love the "I think my baby is sick" doodoo brown interior.

Edited by zuum510
maybe not "RARE", but hard to find

lol isnt hard to find kind of the definition of rare

Rare

–adjective, rar⋅er, rar⋅est.

1.coming or occurring far apart in time; unusual; uncommon: a rare disease; His visits are rare occasions.

first order of business! rip those bumpers off!

youl lose 100-120Lbs depending on how much of the mounts you take out with it.

Guest DatsuNoob

Yeah Skib, big ghey bumpers gotta go. I woulda done it already, but 1, I dont have a valance, so there would be a big hole down there that would look pretty dumb I think, and 2, the people selling the 240 bumps are reeeaaal proud of 'em $$$$$:eek: I think I saw a set of stainless ones for $1150 and just about shat

you dont have a front valance?

ya if your looking at just bumpers for sale there going to be money, you can get mount kits to bolt them up tho. your best bet is local swap meets or JY cars. even still they go for 100+ each easy.

you can also get fiberglass 240 bumpers from MSA

Guest DatsuNoob

Nope, no valance. I've got a kicked-to-shit one chillin in the hatch (dont even know why I got it really, free?), I'll be looking for one of those too. So far I see a need for a pair of doors, rockers, dr side fender, valance, hatch lid. I'm starting to see this is gonna cost alot more to make happen than the truck build. I'll have to do things slow for a while until the 620's "finished".

Guest DatsuNoob

Went to Pull-a-Part today and stumbled upon a '74 with a straight front bumper!:D rear one was toast, so I drilled out the rear bumper shocks on mine and drove down behind the local Safeway to push it in with the help of a large brick wall. One of the girls taking boxes out looked at me kinda funny so I split :lol:.

Went to Pull-a-Part today and stumbled upon a '74 with a straight front bumper!:D rear one was toast, so I drilled out the rear bumper shocks on mine and drove down behind the local Safeway to push it in with the help of a large brick wall. One of the girls taking boxes out looked at me kinda funny so I split :lol:.

:lol: i remember doing that shit to my 84 gti

nardi and personal share the same pattern.. momo however is a lil bit off its also clocked diff.

so those of you who have a nardi or personal, you cant buy the momo style adaptor off ebay... it wont work and the same goes vise versa. if he wanted to put a momo on his car it wont bolt up...

nardi and personal share the same pattern.. momo however is a lil bit off its also clocked diff.

so those of you who have a nardi or personal, you cant buy the momo style adaptor off ebay... it wont work and the same goes vise versa. if he wanted to put a momo on his car it wont bolt up...

Not all personal's used the nardi pattern. Look at the pic again, it has the smaller bolt circle, as well as being clocked the same as momo.

Guest DatsuNoob
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Congrats on the z :-)

Seems like more and more on here taking the z rt.

Plans?

Thanks, I'm having alot of fun already. Out of all of the cars I've ever driven, I honestly have to say the feel of a Z is unlike the rest. Kinda reminds me of a shrunken version of my old 76 firebird, but totally different:lol:. Anyway, plans will include a couple tasteful early Z mods to get a few double takes, paint, a classic style wing, maybe some flares? havent decided on flares yet. Eventually, I'm thinking RB swap but the L28 feels solid so far. For now I'm just gonna try to preserve what's there until I have the proper funds to do it up right, the truck's my main focus currently.

Thanks, I'm having alot of fun already. Out of all of the cars I've ever driven, I honestly have to say the feel of a Z is unlike the rest. Kinda reminds me of a shrunken version of my old 76 firebird, but totally different:lol:. Anyway, plans will include a couple tasteful early Z mods to get a few double takes, paint, a classic style wing, maybe some flares? havent decided on flares yet. Eventually, I'm thinking RB swap but the L28 feels solid so far. For now I'm just gonna try to preserve what's there until I have the proper funds to do it up right, the truck's my main focus currently.

wait till you drive a Z with suspension and an L28et or a hopped up L28 :cool:

Edited by Skib
Guest DatsuNoob

Put in a wink mirror I had layin around, flat blacked the hood the other day. Today me and Joe re-did the brittle, ate-the-fawk-up fuel injector connections with a ratsun assortment of plugs from Volvo, Honda, Saab, and Nissan :D. The Volvo one are my favorite though. They have thick, good quality rubber boots with a Volvo stamp on them and a cool squeeze style clip for removal. Timing and idle speed is set properly, and it runs like a champ. Now just need to lower it and slap that front bumper on. Probably after I give the truck some attention though.

Put in a wink mirror I had layin around, flat blacked the hood the other day. Today me and Joe re-did the brittle, ate-the-fawk-up fuel injector connections with a ratsun assortment of plugs from Volvo, Honda, Saab, and Nissan :D. The Volvo one are my favorite though. They have thick, good quality rubber boots with a Volvo stamp on them and a cool squeeze style clip for removal. Timing and idle speed is set properly, and it runs like a champ. Now just need to lower it and slap that front bumper on. Probably after I give the truck some attention though.

new-ish GM cars/trucks/suv's will have that push clip too, its always a good think to stick in your pocket at the JY :D

Guest DatsuNoob

So the 260 I got the bumper from has a clean valance, grille, and pair of corners to go with to give mine that early look. Cant decide if I wanna go with the early stock classy look, or spend that dough on an air dam and go for a more custom look. May go get the pieces today just to have 'em. What do you guys think?

The front fiberglass bumper/air dam will only look really good once you get it and the whole car painted. Those parts you can gather off the 260Z should bolt on and look good without paint. :)

If I didn't already have plans today I'd race down there and get those Z parts from the yard before you! :D hehe