Get Garage!

RadioRedline

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight I was pulled over by a police officer. I wasn't speeding, etc asked what I did and he informed me that my side windows we're illegally tinted. He took my licence, registration, came back with a ticket. I asked him why it was illegal, and this is where things went terribly wrong. He would not stop shouting! He said "Because i'm a crash scene officer i've seen people guillotined and killed by their window tint! Don't question my knowledge of the law book, I know it! you don't". I politely said isn't there other more important laws he should be enforcing, than window tint? I didn't mean it personal. Nor did I lip off, swear at the officer anything of the sort. I said I would intend to fight the ticket in court. "Have a nice day" I said. I rolled up my window as he walked away. About 15 seconds later he came back to my car and knocked on the window, I rolled it down, and he said "gimme your keys." I asked why and he said because He was going to have to tow my vehicle now because he deemed it unsafe to drive. Odd considering I was only given a ticket a minute earlier. I said, "ok tow my vehicle if you like, but aren't you overreacting a little sir?" He said something to the tune of Yeah I am flustered, i'm not going to tow your car, but I could! consider yourself lucky, etc. "Don't question me about this!" he yelled and stormed off. Is there something I can do, I was pulled over for having tinted windows. I asked if he pulled over everyone for window tint, because there is a lot of it around Regina. He said he's given out 45 Tint tickets in the past 3 days alone! This sounds to me like a lot of your valuable officers time being spent on something that is not a real crime in my opinion. And when I ask to have some light shed on it I get an police officer who can't keep his cool, from someone asking a question!

My thinking is what is right about this hot-tempered individual being allowed to carry a gun?

When I got home, I found out that the guillotined thing can't be true. All auto glass is tempered. Which means when you break it it smashes into many many tiny little pieces. quote I found on windowfilm.ca:

Automotive glass, except for the windshield, is tempered. Meaning, when it breaks, it breaks into hundreds of little pieces. When SUN-GARD is applied to this type of glass, it holds the little pieces together. This lessens the possibility of human injury and interior damage if you are in an accident and makes clean up quite easy.

If you could be "guillotined" why are the back windows allowed to be tinted?

Radio

Tonight I was pulled over by a police officer. I wasn't speeding, etc asked what I did and he informed me that my side windows we're illegally tinted. He took my licence, registration, came back with a ticket. I asked him why it was illegal, and this is where things went terribly wrong. He would not stop shouting! He said "Because i'm a crash scene officer i've seen people guillotined and killed by their window tint! Don't question my knowledge of the law book, I know it! you don't". I politely said isn't there other more important laws he should be enforcing, than window tint? I didn't mean it personal. Nor did I lip off, swear at the officer anything of the sort. I said I would intend to fight the ticket in court. "Have a nice day" I said. I rolled up my window as he walked away. About 15 seconds later he came back to my car and knocked on the window, I rolled it down, and he said "gimme your keys." I asked why and he said because He was going to have to tow my vehicle now because he deemed it unsafe to drive. Odd considering I was only given a ticket a minute earlier. I said, "ok tow my vehicle if you like, but aren't you overreacting a little sir?" He said something to the tune of Yeah I am flustered, i'm not going to tow your car, but I could! consider yourself lucky, etc. "Don't question me about this!" he yelled and stormed off. Is there something I can do, I was pulled over for having tinted windows. I asked if he pulled over everyone for window tint, because there is a lot of it around Regina. He said he's given out 45 Tint tickets in the past 3 days alone! This sounds to me like a lot of your valuable officers time being spent on something that is not a real crime in my opinion. And when I ask to have some light shed on it I get an police officer who can't keep his cool, from someone asking a question!

My thinking is what is right about this hot-tempered individual being allowed to carry a gun?

When I got home, I found out that the guillotined thing can't be true. All auto glass is tempered. Which means when you break it it smashes into many many tiny little pieces. quote I found on windowfilm.ca:

Automotive glass, except for the windshield, is tempered. Meaning, when it breaks, it breaks into hundreds of little pieces. When SUN-GARD is applied to this type of glass, it holds the little pieces together. This lessens the possibility of human injury and interior damage if you are in an accident and makes clean up quite easy.

If you could be "guillotined" why are the back windows allowed to be tinted?

Radio

Wow man, what a trip that must have been! I suppose if yer head popped through a tinted tempered window upon initial impact, and the surrounding glass was held together by the tint, you could in theory be "guillotined" if, while yer rig was still in motion hit a wicked speed bump or stopped suddenly.... sounds pretty far fetched, that dude was reaching! Make a good CSI plot though!

Huh,

Sorry to hear ,my advice SERIOUSLY bow your head and keep your lips tight " loose lips sink ships " , nahhhhhh just keep quiet next time. ( yeah there will be a lot of hard asses that will say to talk shit or fight them , and it's never the place to do it now especially in Oregon State , if you as sooo much swear or make a threat ( I.E talking back ) ya get an instant ticket hands down :rolleyes: ( at their discretion of course , sometimes there cool other times well , ya get the picture from your experience. )

If he does pop a couple of caps in yer ass take pics , and up-load right-away ! :hyper: :rofl:

he found out that you got a FRAM filter on your Datsun and that you got several more at the garage, I'd be dumping them in the trash fast.

and next time make sure you got a box of donuts and HOT coffee, sshhhsssss, I thought you new.

he found out that you got a FRAM filter on your Datsun and that you got several more at the garage, I'd be dumping them in the trash fast.

and next time make sure you got a box of donuts and HOT coffee, sshhhsssss, I thought you knew.

:rofl: has to be StarBuck's Coffee :w00t: :rofl:

A bullet hole through each fram filter = win ! :sneaky:

Thanks DTP, Starbucks and bullets is a win win >> :thumbup: :thumbup:

I hope Radio is listening, how many more times must everyone say this, FrAm bad bullets good. ;)

Last I heard was it was legal to tint anything behind your shoulders. KC windows and back. You might consider reporting the officer to his superiors... he sounds stressed or burned out.He may already have complaints and yours is what it takes to get him some help.

Good News. I got the ticket waived if I remove the tint. So I did that today, and will go to the cop shop at lunch. While i'm there I will be making a complaint about the officers conduct. I also sent my story to a Local Radio show (John Gormley live) and he emailed me back and wants me to be a guest! haha

And duh keep up I returned those frams Weeks ago!

Radio

you havent met many American cops have you mate :rofl:

Police shootings are common place around here, Portlands getting notorious for it (and beatings leading to death). It tends to be a mentally ill person, or someone who was unarmed :rolleyes: go figure...

I also sent my story to a Local Radio show (John Gormley live) and he emailed me back and wants me to be a guest! haha

Pics audio or it didnt happen :rofl:

(I actually really want to hear this later)

Life has been getting in the way of my Datsuns! New job at Benz has been going realll good, I'm loving the change! Last night Harley and I went to the Garage, and someone sliced thru my padlock hinge. THey we're basically done, but nothing was stolen, so we're guessing someone came around and they had to jet...? So we went straight to C Tire and picked up two BIG fucking new padlock hinges and new padlocks, and Fort Knoxed the Bitch! Pulled out Sky 2 days ago, as the nice weather is here, during the day anyway. My Dad is an AFX collector, so I had him fix up some 620s for me heres the first one:

afx1.jpg

afx2.jpg

afx3.jpg

afx4.jpg

afx5.jpg

The Radio

Sorry to hear that Radio, what I like to do with padlock type locks for security , is take a large enough diameter piper ( you can fit your hand into/ lower forearm ) and build a system where the padlock is inside the pipe so when you lock yer door or gate or whatever , they will either have to get going or try another method ( since there is no leverage or way to get bolt cutters or any cutting tool over the lock itself without having to go through the pipe itself first.

Second idea I would consider is taking 2 "U-Brackets" ( big enough to slide a 2"X6" piece of wookd or 2x4 into , and mount those brackets to the wall/door frame , so if they try to kick in the door it will become either very frustrating or they will have to take down the wall first :lol: ( unless it is a load bearing wall , then re-assess your mounting style :blink: )

Good Luck !

• 4 weeks later...

Who says I haven't been? I finished my carb for yellow, it runs and drives again. no hesitation now, I've done a massive amount of hole filling and grinding on my red truck, and I had the two front rims off last night to fix my brakes, and replace the worn out suspension components. I purchased a pair of black leather seats out of a 1988 Benz at work, and will be putting them in the red truck, because the bench is toast. Once I have buckets in Red, I will be adding a sub inbetween the seats...The only new tool I haven't really used so far is the spray gun kit, got it Monday, and I will be spraying soon.

Radio

On Red 620 Took rims off red yesterday, to get pea gravel out of drums. knew I shouldn't have driven thru that playground! Tonite I removed the bench seat, and test fit in the Benz Buckets. Harley gave the seal of approval for "looks like it fits the truck". The seats are powered, so going to rig up some sort of vintage metal control panel toggle switch area, to power the buckets. If it ever stops fucking raining will rust paint the floor this week or weekend, and maybe use some bed liner to rust proof the cab?

On yellow 620 I got the seal on correctly with Harleys assistance on the carb bowl, and got it semi tuned, so it doesnt idle so fucking high. It also used to stall at lights in gear, no more! Threw the winter steelies in the box to get tires unmounted so I can sandblast and refinish the steelies back to stock.

What is the stock steelie rim color for 620?

What is the L18 Engine stock color? Below valve cover?

What kinda fancy manifold do i need to run a weber for my l18 red 620?

Radio

On Red 620 Took rims off red yesterday, to get pea gravel out of drums. knew I shouldn't have driven thru that playground! Tonite I removed the bench seat, and test fit in the Benz Buckets. Harley gave the seal of approval for "looks like it fits the truck". The seats are powered, so going to rig up some sort of vintage metal control panel toggle switch area, to power the buckets. If it ever stops fucking raining will rust paint the floor this week or weekend, and maybe use some bed liner to rust proof the cab?

On yellow 620 I got the seal on correctly with Harleys assistance on the carb bowl, and got it semi tuned, so it doesnt idle so fucking high. It also used to stall at lights in gear, no more! Threw the winter steelies in the box to get tires unmounted so I can sandblast and refinish the steelies back to stock.

What is the stock steelie rim color for 620?

What is the L18 Engine stock color? Below valve cover?

What kinda fancy manifold do i need to run a weber for my l18 red 620?

Radio

not sure about rims, i think either white or black.

As for the weber on the L series, you can use your stock manifold but you will need a weber adapter plate. Unless you run side draft then you will need an appropriate manifold but just a 32/36 down draft weber needs a weber adapter plate.

every stock L series motor i have seen has been that blue color.

not sure about rims, i think either white or black.

As for the weber on the L series, you can use your stock manifold but you will need a weber adapter plate. Unless you run side draft then you will need an appropriate manifold but just a 32/36 down draft weber needs a weber adapter plate.

every stock L series motor i have seen has been that blue color.

That blue, u mean the light blue my air cleaner is?

Got the rims sandblasted yesterday.

Radio