Get Garage!

RadioRedline

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey man Radio,,,

I really like the look of your two benzes,,, and I'm really happy for you....

and ima let you finish,,, ,, but Dwnshfter had some of the best diverted threads of all time,, ,, of all time..... :lol:

:rofl:

Says a former Saturn sales guy, :P

Lol good point. But Saturn Is R.I.P. So my bosses transferred me to Benz! And I can happily say, the trifecta of my car love is held out to the 3 brands: Mercedes, Saturn & Datsun!

Saturn: Worked there for 6.5 Years. Sold about 550 New Saturns in my time there.

Bought 4 new Saturns in my life.

2005 Ion 2 Quad Coupe. Black. 2.2L 4cyl. 4 speed auto (traded in)

2007 Outllook XE AWD. Silver. 3.6L V6. 6 speed auto (traded in)

2007 Ion Redline. Black. 2.0L 4cyl Supercharged. 5 Speed Manual (Current)

2008 Sky Redline. White. 2.0L 4cyl Turbocharged. 5 speed Manual (Current)

Owned a few used Saturns

1995 Saturn SL1 Sedan. Dark Green. 1.9L SOHC 4cyl. 5 speed manual. (written off)

1992 Saturn SC2 Coupe. Teal. 1.9L DOHC 4cyl. 5 speed manual. (sold)

1991 Saturn SL2 Sedan. Silver. 1.9L DOHC 4cyl. 4 speed Auto. (sold)

Mercedes-Benz: My current job and so far have bought a 1990 300E and 1988 420SEL. Wonderful cars. the 420 is my first V8!

And Datsuns all started with the 1980 720 that I bought from the original owner for 800$ from moose jaw on my birthday about 5 years ago. I bought it with original 98,500KM on it. On the way to the south end went through a stop check and they issued my an inspection ticket. I owned the truck 2 days! Because of the home brew box, they said it wasn't safe. I was allowed to ride out the registration period (approx 1 year) and I sold it for free as parts when it was all done. 2 years after that I bought my 1983 4x4 720 because I loved my original one and thats about how long it took me to find another Datsun. I Owned that truck for 2 years, and I sold it about a year ago. Both were great rides. Reason I sold the black 720 was because I had acquired my yellow and red 620 a week apart, and wanted to focus car funds on the 620s. It was like either sink funds into the at the time body hurting 720 or the 620s. I thought 2 trucks was better than one. Actually bought the red 620 for parts for the yellow, but it has turned out to be a great truck! So reluctantly I sold my black 1983.

Fast forward to last year. I Got the Garage, and reacquired my 1980 via a tip from my sister-in-laws fiance found it hiding in the west end, just sitting. after 6mos of annoying the owner (who had done nothing to it) I bought it back for 100$. When I pulled the motor out of it it read about 116,000KM. that guy was driving it with a dealer plate and avoided getting an inspection!

Bought a B210 for 150$ that went nowhere. Lol gave it away for free minus rims to 180sx on Ratsun, Went to a good home.

This spring I bought a 1973 510 from edmonton. and then I lost interest in the 510, and posted it for sale on Ratsun, lilram traded me his 521 for it. Never thought i'd like anything as much as a 620, but yep 521s are super fun too! The same...but different!

Now my goal will be to restore the 620s, and 521. I want to pick up a 620 Kingcab, a 1966-67 520, and a 320. Then I will more than have completed my "set".

Radio

You're not in trouble..! Didn't mean it that way! Sorry Bro! Wife's MB needed a 30A fuse and thats it! The 521 shes been looking forward to this much love/$ for a while I think!

That and, I must be the lowest repu here on Ratsun...so don't all hate at once now...

Radio

• Like 1

Today I ordered:

1 pair KYB Front GR2 Shock Absorbers

1 pair KYB Rear GR2 Shock Absorbers

1 pair MOOG Front Sway Bar Bushings

1 kit of MOOG Front Sway Bar End Links

And I am Pricing out:

1 pair Each of MOOG Inner and Outer Tie Rods, a Relay Rod, and a KIng Bolt Set.

This will all be for Grey.

Radio

Mini update 1.

Shopping carts make excellent Transmission Stands.

shocking12.jpg

shocking1.jpg

shocking2.jpg

Benz HIDs came in today! And I Picked up a set of Monroes for Grey 620.

Going to to completing my grey truck first, I have decided. (as It was the most hurting of the 3).

shocking10.jpg

shocking11.jpg

Started to Degrease, Sand and primer the cab tonight. This in conjunction with Rocker Repair. Going to remove the box on it as soon as I can put my 521 back together. Friend owns a Sand Blasting shop that I use, and I have access to the rotisserie. My plan is the Take the box off and sand blast the underside. I will then undercoat it, and do some more roll on box liner touch ups and then one area is done! Before I reattatch it thought I will take a wire wheel to the frame and then powdercoat it. Might be rolling boxless for a while so going to make sure my lights get hooked up. This will also give me a chance to paint the back of the cab grey.

Radio

MB rocks! I had a 89 300se as my first car. (same chassis as the 420se, sel was slightly longer but overall same design) Such a smooth car. My only problem was that the fuel pump relay was on the way out. Would be driving and the car would shut off. Pull over and hit the relay with my keys and car would start right up. Better than paying the $80 for a new relay.

Radio ,

When's the date for the L20B rebuild ? I wanna see ,,, I wanna see ,,, :D ( Tape the sucker off , carefully detach or tape all electrical components to a water tight bond ,,, then spray some degreaser on the engine ,,, and pressure wash ( or power wash ) The living daylights out of it !!! Put some more de-greaser ,,, let is sit for a bit ,,, then hit it again No matter how much you do it ,,, it will never be clean enough ,,, place in garage next a very warm heater !!!

Don't forget to replace all of your "Core Plugs" when you rebuild ( I use brass ones so they don't rust out like the factory steelies :D )

cousin DTP <--- :lol: