620 slave in a 521

fisch

Will a 620 slave fit a 521? I have tried to find the answer with no luck. Beck/Arnley has two different parts #'s for the respective trucks. (which prolly means the trucks are not compatible in their slaves.)

But I found a Japan 620 one pretty cheap, and if it would fit, I'd love to try it. Anyone know?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotcha. Thanks guys. And as luck would have it the seller actually did some homework for me when I described how the 521 slave looked. Which I will add below, (in case someone else is referencing this thread.) He said:

"The (pushrod) one that I have (620) is actually not even threaded. It is just a rod similar to a wheel cylinder push rod (not threaded)."

How hard is it to switch pushrods?

Unless it is stupid simple I will prolly just go with the Beck/Arnley for a 521. After all I won't be looking under there much to miss the word 'JAPAN'.

Additional note: The seller claims this 620 slave is listed as fitting a '72 521. BUT NOT A '71 521. However Beck Arnley references the same part # for 71 and 72 521's. Something doesn't ad up.

I think '72 was the cross over year from 521 to 620. Might be something to keep aware of. Perhaps there were some 620 clutches in '72 521's?

But remember I don't know jack!

Damn

I forgot about that one MIke but are you sure ?.

I swear ,matter of fact I had it on DVD that Jeff had installed a 240sx slave on his gray primered 521. He just wraped the hose around the torsion bar(Totally Rigged) but it worked. Hose would have worn out rubbing on the torsion bar. But the hose went in the slave part fine.

I know 521s are SAE on the lugnuts 7/16s(write this down Fisch)