I'm new, I dont know what to do?!?!!

datsundillon

as of today I have joined the datsun club. I bought myself a 72 620 and just driving it home I fell in love with it. it runs top notch but it pretty ugly. The guy i bought it from toor out the entire interior to get rid of some mold and i think he did more damage then good. The part im angry about is he through away almmot everything in it. I bassicly have no interior besides my bench seat, gauges, and my shift boot. i still feel at home in it but it makes me sad. so that leads me to my first question of any good sites to but dash parts, or some good people to know to get dash parts. the other thing i was wondering is i am having a problem with my turn signals. my brake lights and running lights work fine, but my back up and turn signals do not work. I replaced the flasher with a new electronic one today but it did no good. I could probably figure it out myself but as I am new to datsun engines and how everything is in them I want to figure this out as fast as possible. and also my last question is that I was wondering if there are any bolt on disk brake conversion kits, haha just kidding, but if someone could help me ouut with these questions that would be greatly appretciated! thanks and bye for now

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

-As for the interior, your best bet is craigslist/ebay. I would say that you should be able to find some cheap deals through CL.

-The wiring to your signals could be bad. Look at http://www.olddatsuns.com/ for wiring schematics. There is a lot to learn about your truck on that website.

-The disk brake conversion is doable, but definitely not a bolt on affair. Talk to Beebani and do a search for disk brake conversions because they have been done successfully.

Trev

-

-The disk brake conversion is doable, but definitely not a bolt on affair. Talk to Beebani and do a search for disk brake conversions because they have been done successfully.

Trev

I was only joking about the disk brake question but still thanks for telling me. just kind of brifly looking through the form there is a ton of info on it. and also I will try and post some pics tommarow, but i have a full day of school, emmisions and the dreaded DMV. sounds like a fun day though

as of today I have joined the datsun club. I bought myself a 72 620 and just driving it home I fell in love with it. it runs top notch but it pretty ugly. The guy i bought it from toor out the entire interior to get rid of some mold and i think he did more damage then good. The part im angry about is he through away almmot everything in it. I bassicly have no interior besides my bench seat, gauges, and my shift boot. i still feel at home in it but it makes me sad. so that leads me to my first question of any good sites to but dash parts, or some good people to know to get dash parts. the other thing i was wondering is i am having a problem with my turn signals. my brake lights and running lights work fine, but my back up and turn signals do not work. I replaced the flasher with a new electronic one today but it did no good. I could probably figure it out myself but as I am new to datsun engines and how everything is in them I want to figure this out as fast as possible. and also my last question is that I was wondering if there are any bolt on disk brake conversion kits, haha just kidding, but if someone could help me ouut with these questions that would be greatly appretciated! thanks and bye for now

well first, welcome to ratsun!!! its a great place to be. i'm sure you'll be able to get some assistance getting your 620 intact here. you're with the best on ratsun. i thought my husband was the biggest datsun lover anywhere til i got on here. they know what they're doing. talk to my husband. he has a stock pile of parts for a 620 and we own 3. he might be able to hook you up with some parts. as far as a dash though, we dont have an extra. check him out....dr_datsunstein

welcome and yes we like peeksures!!1 :)

as for the reverse lights, its most likely like what mine are doing. they dont work either on my 73. bad switch from what i can figure.

check the turn signal switch. if you changed the flasher, check the switch then the wiring. thats what i would suggest.

i also noticed you have a scamp. so do i, a 72 though.... what motor you got in it??? mines a 318.

Edited by moparvwfreak

allright do heres a picture of my little awesomeness.

photo.jpg

also today i was tring to bleed my brakes and on te rear passenger side wheel. when i stated pumping it did nothing. I took out the pin in here and it was clogged up a little. I unclogged it and just for good measure switched it with another pin. then it worked, allthough the flow was really slow, and then it stoped agian. I cheaked the rear driver side and it worked but the rear passenger side was not doing anything. do you think it could be a clog in the line, but im kinda stumped at this one.

also about my scamp. it has a 225 slant six in it. I love the little car though. my friend has a 73 with the 318. he put 360 truck manifolds on it with duel exsaust and the thing sounds like a beast. but I love the old mopars too.

Edited by fisch
fixed photo link

Welcome aboard. Nice little pickup. Dig the slots. :cool:

I cheaked the rear driver side and it worked but the rear passenger side was not doing anything. do you think it could be a clog in the line, but im kinda stumped at this one.

Could be a bad cylinder or line. Or both...

Do you have access to compressed air? You can blow air thru the lines to check for clogs.

Yea, scamp. My brother bought on new! I had my dad's old '64 Dodge, 225. I put a 318 2bbl and split the exhaust into duals with Walker Continentals (think cherry bombs) . Used a bicycle hand brake cable for the throttle cable. Wow I was crazy when I was 19.