slodat's '92 Sentra SE-R

I bought this last night from a fellow Datsun enthusiast.

driverside.jpg

I bought it for reliable, quiet, comfy, air conditioned, 4 passenger, daily driver duties. It has AGXs on all four corners with lowering springs. Brand new, super sticky tires, lightened flywheel and new clutch, and is in in very good condition. I'm very impressed with how fun it is to drive - considering it is wrong wheel drive!

It passed emissions this morning no problem. Plan for it is to get some tunes in it and drive it so I can work on my projects.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SE-R's are some of the most under the radar little hot rods out there.

I bought my girlfriend a B14 SE-R a few months back, and I love driving it!

It pulls like a monster, and if you advance the timing a few degrees and run premium, you can gain some easy horses.

Those SR20's even NA, are little beasts.

DSC03221.jpg

Edited by hessianben
Sleepers they are indeed. My brother has a 93 with a sr20det swap...pulls like crazy. Nice pick up.

I must admit in the back of my mind I like the idea of a SR20DET swap after putting another 100k miles on it...

It didn't have a stereo to speak of in it and it is the daily for my girl as well. So I picked up a deck and amp today. It has tunes. It will get some Elemental Designs stuff when I can afford it..

For now, just enjoying driving it. I really am surprised at just how fun the car is to drive!

muahahahhaha this is awesome!!!!!!!!!! what springs are on it? i have agx's but i have H&R springs which suck.. eibachs are worse.. but oh well its hard to find the good ones anymore.. how much did ya pick her up for? how many miles? origional motor?

gosh shes real purdy.. im jealous!

good score man!

i had a infinity g20 with a sr20 in it and it was quick. got a light flywheel clutch big injectors, and hi flow fuel pump, cold air intake,lowering springs and fat sway bars. left it lookin stock blew that motor up and put a black top sr20det in it. needless to say i won some money with that car it was quick and light. driving in the winter in central new york... terrible idea someone pulled out in front of me so i grabbed the hand brake to try and brake slide around the bitch made it around her put stuffed a poll hard. glad i saved the motor have built it over the last few years and still have it for a datsun swap but nice find

i had a infinity g20 with a sr20 in it and it was quick. got a light flywheel clutch big injectors, and hi flow fuel pump, cold air intake,lowering springs and fat sway bars. left it lookin stock blew that motor up and put a black top sr20det in it. needless to say i won some money with that car it was quick and light. driving in the winter in central new york... terrible idea someone pulled out in front of me so i grabbed the hand brake to try and brake slide around the bitch made it around her put stuffed a poll hard. glad i saved the motor have built it over the last few years and still have it for a datsun swap but nice find

so you converted a right wheel drive engine to wrong wheel drive and are putting it back in to its rear wheel drive form ?

A FWD Avenir SR20det engine set can be had for $800 or so. Probably a $1200-$1500 swap. The VE can be done for the same amount and is nearly the same power n/a!

The plan is to drive this car as is with a sound system and freshening of driver seat stuff - replace worn out sun visors, shift knob, etc.

I can't get over how much I like driving it!

Edited by slodat

i wanna add that its a huge pain in the ass to do what that guy was saying, it would cost an arm and a leg to stuff a rwd engine in a fwd car, not impossible.. but highly unlikely.. i think that guy has some facts confused.. :P

so ya man i wanna check your car out slodat, you got some free time sunday or monday? now you know why when people diss me for havin fwd i take it with a grain of salt.. cause little do they know how much potential our cars have :)

haha i know but its all done and i am pretty sure its going in the z a lot easier that swaping into the wagon and a lot more practical since i mainly just drive the z on death runs

doubt all you want i dont really care

a real car

haha

Dude, go pollute someone else's thread. You have said nothing relevant to this topic in the above posts. I have noticed many of your posts in various threads. High on word count and BS potential, exceedingly low in content and relevance.

skib demands specs :fu:

Me too.

Dude, go pollute someone else's thread. You have said nothing relevant to this topic in the above posts. I have noticed many of your posts in various threads. High on word count and BS potential, exceedingly low in content and relevance.

agreed :rolleyes: