Suspension setups

freaky510

1971 4 door

front

280zx struts shortened 40mm 4 way adjustable agx (rear of sw20mr2) 225pond springs ground control coilovers (if i remember right they are 7inch springs) bmw bump stops cut in half ebay bump steer spacers .

rear

cut stock springs i removed 23/4 coils and used 68 camero shocks in the rear actually handles nice. i need new shocks and struts though.

CIMG1144.jpg

REVISED

front

280zx struts shortened 40mm 4 way adjustable agx (rear of sw20mr2) 225pond springs ground control coilovers (if i remember right they are 7inch springs) bmw bump stops cut in half ebay bump steer spacers

rear

225# qa1 12 way adjustable coil over's

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just installed 300 #ers on my 280zx front struts. I forgot I had been running with 450's spring for the longest time! 450's were rough but I guess I got used to it. 300's are great for my ka turbo wagon. Feels so much better. Can't wait to install the sway bar and see how that feels. Backs are on 3" blocks with some thicker leafs out of some random truck.

Rear end is making some clicking noises though, so i think it might be going. :(

I guess its time to install my ford 8.8 and 4 link!

• 1 month later...

1969 datsun 510 4 door

cut springs

1/2 inch from the ground to exhaust

3/4 inch from tranny to ground

scrapes on road turtles... shittiest ride ever=]

revised and more detailed:

front:

280zx struts shortened..alot

coil overs i had, needed 240sx perches which i didnt have so we used the stock 510 spring and welded the stock perches on the 280zx struts and lowered them untill they barely cleared 175/60/13's

vw rabbit kyb inserts

still running slotted mags with the z brakes, no rubbing issues at all

Rear:

cut springs

kyb 68 camaro shocks on there way

the ride:

wayyyyy better than just cut springs in the front. rides much smoothier and is no where near as bouncy as it used to be. should ride smoothier with the shorter 68 camaro shocks in the back. as for the clearence... there is none. actually the night we lowered it, i put a hole in my oil pan that was specifically built to never scrape. turns out that road turtles had something different in mind for my pan and ripped the welds. all is well, we built a skid plate from the cross member to the back of the pan and i worry a little less about putting a hole in the oil pan again. as for pics, you will have to wait untill after golden gardens :fu:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...