1947 cj-2a

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, not really. They did not use fuses back then. I am installing a fuse block in it, and replacing the wires by systems. The electrical system on this thing is really simple. I got a pictorial diagram, a schematic diagram, and a simplified line diagram.

Generally, most of the electrical stuff works. I had a bad headlight dimmer switch, and a bad start button. Almost everything I hook directly up to the battery works. The wires were the big problem. The wires are wrapped with a cotton? cloth, that tends to just fall off when you touch it. The connections themselves are almost all bad. I am using internal star washers on the connections, and I am carefully soldering the terminals on the new wires.

Willys Jeeps are a part of Americana known the worls over!!!!!! Save it!!!!!!!!!

However I rod in a willys and I hated it. hard riding cold ,noisy ect.

Maybe if I lived in hawaii I would have one or a Ford/AM Germenral 151 mutt jeep.

Then i got a Cherokee and found out the part availibilty was so good I would get another late Cherokke with manual 5 spped. 4 dr AC/ Hatch good heater and does the speed limit and plus while being nice and quiet!!!!!!! but the Willys has the killer looks

Edited by banzai510(hainz)

Here are some pictures of the Jeep.

The front:

JeepFrontCrop2.JPG

The right side:

JeepRightCrop.JPG

the left side:

JeepLeftCrop2.JPG

The back, it is running in this picture, and smoking.

JeepAftCrop2.JPG

And the dash, reasonable oil pressure, and charging about 5 amps.

JeepDashEdit.JPG

Last night, I worked on the wiring some more. I mainly worked on the gas gauge, and the water temp gauge. I removed both gauges from the dash, and hooked them up to a battery, to check the gauges. I then used some resistors to simulate the sensors for the gauges, and both gauges work. The Temp sender in the engine block seems to work, but the gas tank sender is toasted.

Edited by DanielC
change pict tags so pictures display directly