rock auto shipping

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it depends check whether the items your purchasing are in stock with them or if they are being shipped from an outside location.

Arent' they all? I dont' think they stock anything. When I order I end up seeing things comming from 3 or 4 warehouses and I get charged $17+ per warehouse for shipping! That's when I just go to ImportedCarParts.com and get free shipping on orders over $100. Might as well since I'm paying almost $100 in shipping from RockAuto :rolleyes:

i ordered a front shock from them...shipping was pretty expensive but not the worst I have seen...however I sent it ground. it took over a day to process, and about 5 days in shipping...but that was the cheapest shipping method, so it took a while. but, for just ground shipping it wasnt too bad a price.

if you need it in a hurry though, definately don't go freight.

Arent' they all? I dont' think they stock anything. When I order I end up seeing things comming from 3 or 4 warehouses and I get charged $17+ per warehouse for shipping! That's when I just go to ImportedCarParts.com and get free shipping on orders over $100. Might as well since I'm paying almost $100 in shipping from RockAuto :rolleyes:

is importautoparts.com a reliable site bleach? cause they have what i want even cheaper then rock auto

Rockauto to CA isn't very fast, but it does depend on which warehouse it's coming from since they have 3 or so. I wouldn't expect same-week delivery with ground shipping, though. The shipping prices are pretty average as long as all of what you order comes from the same wearhouse. If you order one part that comes from warehouse A and one part that comes from warehouse B, then you are essentially ordering two packages and pay shipping accordingly. It's not rocket science to understand, and it's just how they are set up, so don't get your panties all in a wad about it. Amazon does something very similar when they ask if you want to group all your items into the same shipment or have them each sent ASAP. If you don't group them then they cost more to ship. Unfortunately, rock auto doesn't appear to have an internal shipping network that would allow them to group items into one shipment to you.

even tho they do price accordingly for shipping. their prices are a bit outrageous. I was actually able to save money by buying thru napa auto parts locally rather than rock auto because of shipping charges.
Totally depends on the item. I've found things on rockauto 1/2 or 1/4 the cost of elsewhere, especially their close-out stuff. Rockauto also often carries better OEM/japanese parts than I've been able to find locally.

The key to saving money on shipping is don't buy one part. I'm a bit obsessive with having spares- I HATE having to go buy something on a Sunday night and pray someone has it onhand. So I have spares for just about every concieveable wear item.

I just stocked up on "closeout" parts. They had alternators (60A internally regulated Hitachi ones) for under $12... NAPA wants over $70 PLUS core for that. Sure, shipping was over $50, but the shipping was combined with the rest of the order. I bought 3 alternators, plus brake shoes, wheel cyls, master cyls, upper control arm bushings, brake spring kits (which are getting hard to find)... it came in a 36x12x12 box and weighs dang near 70 lbs. Took about a week to get it.