Iceman's 1970 240Z

Iceman

Hey all, I just joined here because my new buddy down the street pointed me here. He has a Datsun 610 which is pretty sweet.

Here's a pic of my Z. This pic is from before an accident that I was in a few years ago.

It's been sitting for a while and I finally have a house so I can get it all fixed up. I'll post some pics of my progress too.

picture.php?albumid=441&pictureid=2076

1970 240z #2188

'83 L28 with SUs

5spd stick w/ R200

Koni adjustable coilovers in the rear

Busted front suspension :-(

Plans:

Custom interior from scratch including custom console and custom door panels

SBC 350 swap, carbed (going for about 250-300HP)

Edited by Iceman
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and another datto guy in vacaville really glad you made it here man you will find it better then any other forum im sure of it alot of guys here to help you out

Edited by bonvo

iceman and i did a little suspention work today new front struts here are sone pics i took

when work started

1010091640.jpg

engine compartment

1010091640a.jpg

now i know what he ment by busted front suspention

1010091637.jpg

heres a question for ya guys what calapers are these there not what we were expecting to find and there different fron the other 3 on the car

1010091655.jpg

when we finished

1010091842.jpg

wow im surprized i would have thought a hardline would go from one side to the other for the other 2 pistons interesting

now the real question does this work for a 510 and or 610 :D

Edited by bonvo

Decided yesterday to slow the progress a little bit. I am starting to get anxious and using old bushings n stuff where I really should be going for new while I am doing the work. Today I am going to cut up the old bushing to make myself stick to that plan :)

Saving up for some new parts. Found a set of new ball joints and new tie rod ends on ebay from a Z parts store for $150 for both sides. Sound like a good price?

How about set of bushings for the rear control arms at $50ish?

Thinking about getting the control arms powder-coated. Should I leave the old bushings in so the coating doesnt get into where the bushings go? I imagine the coating would take up space making it harder to get the new bushings in.

Yeah, the set I found are energy suspension pollys.

Here's the listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140199899871

TC rod? :blush:

Is that the one that goes diagonal back from the strut? If so, I have new rubber ones there now.

Any opinion for steering rack? I found rubber and polly available. This is almost 100% street use, if it matters.

Polly vs rubber is debatable. Some prefer polly up front and rubber out back etc... I personally don't like all polly on a rd car, it's retarded. The kits price and everything being there is note-able though, even though not many do all there bushings in one shot anyway.

Skib is right about the tc rod, w/e you choose make sure they are rubber. I agree with the steering too, polly.

Edited by 72240z