What do you guys think...

RatRod25

So there is a guy who might want to trade my my black 720 for his 521... Do you guys think it would be worth it? And for those of you who have owned 521's how much smaller are they than my 720's??

Heres the 521 http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/1376567984.html

Rebuilt motor,5 speed tranny,new cluch & many new parts

521-2.jpg

521-1.jpg

521.jpg

And heres my 720

utf-8BSU1HMDAwMDktMjAwOTA3MDctMTIzO.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pictures of it in the shade???? The rear right tail light lens missing? Does the front bumper look lower on the passenger side? (crappy pictures) The 5 speed is easy to check, but how do you tell it has a new clutch? Motor rebuilt..... when? Without documentation it all comes down to trust, an increasingly rare commodity these days. If the floors and body are solid, no missing exterior and interior parts and everything done to it as stated it could be worth $1,700. But it better run perfect and look perfect for that.

I do know that truck the 521 has been on Craigslist in Phoenix for $1700 for a week or 2. Have you physically looked at the 521 truck?

Yeah thats where i found it.. I was on cl a few days back just killin time and he said he would consider trades to i texted him and he seemed really intrested... I am goin to see it this weekend, i have no free time during the week.. I texted him asking for better pictures..

Look it over really well a new coat of primer hides a lot. Crawl under check the drive train really close. If it runs take it for a hard ride $1700 is high for a primered truck unless it has a new/rebuilt drive train. Look at the electrical real close.

Your black truck is your daily driver right now isn't it? Be carefull of the trade if it (black truck) is and it is a solid dependable truck. Do not forget that the 521 has to be emission tested here in Maricopa County.

I remember when you posted on Desert Datsuns that you got your black truck.

Let us know what you find.

Yeah the black truck is my dd.. My it will only take 30 bucks and half a day to get my tan 720 drivable.. But yeah ima look it over real good.. but is there any common problem with these truck to watch out for?? I just talked to slam_dat and he might come with me to look at the truck..

If it has a cracked windshield, that would no-go it for me. As much as I loved my last 521, try finding a windshield for one for less than 400 bucks. And that was damaged quality. 720 is easier to find parts for and has a much larger cab.

Yeah the price would have to be right! I got my solid little 521 for $225!! Be patient and the right deal will come along. But in the looks department, the 521 is the hands down winner for me!

I've owned 2 521's and 2 520 pickups, and I'm also here in town. They are quite a bit smaller inside than the 720, as I've owned one of those as well. I love the 520/521's, but keep in mind that parts are going to be a LOT harder to find that for your 720. $1700 is VERY steep for one in primer, but would be about right for decent one with paint in otherwise similar condition. What he has there is probably a sub $1000 truck to be realistic. I originally got my mint restored 520 for about $2500, later sold it for $4000.

12250008.jpg

Later I bought this V8 powered 521 for $800, then added the wheels and a few other things, still probably only in it for $1500. Sold it for around that.

100_0736-2.jpg

The other 520 I had was purchased for $350, and the other 521 for $950. All running. Hopefully that gives you an idea.

The V8 truck is gone now, unfortunate because it was awesome to drive. The thing hauled ass. Got thumbs up from the American hot rod guys which was cool too. You already know me, I'm the admin for the Desert Datsun group.

If it was me I would probably trade the 720 for the 521, as long as the 521 runs great and isn't damaged anywhere. As I mentioned before, the 521 is priced too high, but for trade it would be to your benefit anyways. Me and Charlie69 can help you with issues you may come up with if you get it, although I don't have any parts left for those.