drums to disc

bobdog

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well the first thing you need to do is gather all of the materials, front calipers from a mid 90's 4x4 d21, rubber brake lines for the calipers, a 79 280zx master cylinder 15/16" bore, 2002 honda passport rotors, the make your own disc brake brackets!!! or clean out your bank account and buy some of beebanis :eek:, but then again if you have any metal skills at all you should try to make them yourself, as far as the back some guys on here have used solid rotors but i am in the process of starting this swap myself and i was going to use the same calipers and rotors all the way around. good luck!!!!

clean out your bank account? wow dude, if your bank account only has $150 in it, then you got some issues!

Well, let's see, I've built and sold over 60 sets of these brackets that are out working successfully in several parts of the U.S. and Canada, as well as Australia. I've spent all the time (along with a couple other members' help) to do the research and get the setup just right. But if you wanna go ahead and reinvent the wheel like this inbred dipshit from kentucky, then go ahead; because apparently his time is free.

If you want to do the setup right, then give me a call. Feel free to ask any member on here about my stuff, and they'll tell you that I know what the fuck I'm doing, and I build quality parts.

well the first thing you need to do is gather all of the materials, front calipers from a mid 90's 4x4 d21, rubber brake lines for the calipers, a 79 280zx master cylinder 15/16" bore, 2002 honda passport rotors, the make your own disc brake brackets!!! or clean out your bank account and buy some of beebanis :eek:, but then again if you have any metal skills at all you should try to make them yourself, as far as the back some guys on here have used solid rotors but i am in the process of starting this swap myself and i was going to use the same calipers and rotors all the way around. good luck!!!!

Beebani's asking prices aren't bad at all. I have not bought a set as my truck runs disc brakes, but really. A solid set of brackets is well worth it. Beebani builds quality brackets, that will hold up. I would trust his brackets on any day.

Anyways, yeah lets get this thread back on track huh. If you look around and search for beebani, you can see some of his brackets in action!

lets see, .25 cents a pund for metal and the satisfaction of building something yourself (which nobody seems to do anymore!!, bolt this bolt that), OR 150 large, i wasnt bashing your brackets dude, i love your brackets :) and so does everyone else!!! we know your brackets are awesome!!! dont worry no-one was even thinking about thinking about saying anything about your precious brackets

Edited by ghettobraden

Well think of it this way. If guys like beebani didn't build brackets for these old trucks to upgrade some of these old tuna cans. More and more people would just scrap them. then their would be less and less of these trucks around for the rest of us to enjoy. He,myself,and many others enjoy our datsuns, and like to help others out that also love their datsuns also, and maybe don't have the means to make their own brake brackets etc etc.

Well think of it this way. If guys like beebani didn't build brackets for these old trucks to upgrade some of these old tuna cans. More and more people would just scrap them. then their would be less and less of these trucks around for the rest of us to enjoy. He,myself,and many others enjoy our datsuns, and like to help others out that also love their datsuns also, and maybe don't have the means to make their own brake brackets etc etc.

Beebani's asking prices aren't bad at all. I have not bought a set as my truck runs disc brakes, but really. A solid set of brackets is well worth it. Beebani builds quality brackets, that will hold up. I would trust his brackets on any day.

Anyways, yeah lets get this thread back on track huh. If you look around and search for beebani, you can see some of his brackets in action!

you can look under Beebani past postings and you will probalay find your answer. here's just one of the many.

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=15594

hey guys i want to put dics on my 620 but have no idea how to go about it any help would be appreicated.

any help would be appreciated? just one of the many? agreed, he needs help lets give it to him, maybe a discount on brackets for ratsun members? with old uncle obamas big black hand in our pockets these days, those of us who make 250 bucks a week have a hard time finding funding for extra stuff like our trucks, lets help this guy out, i work at a parts house so let me know what you need i will see if i can get it cheap.

lets see, .25 cents a pund for metal and the satisfaction of building something yourself (which nobody seems to do anymore!!, bolt this bolt that), OR 150 large,

with old uncle obamas big black hand in our pockets these days

Not everyone can weld...and not everyone thinks $150 is a lot of money, especially where brakes are concerned.

Rotors and calipers will run you around $150...hell, it costs more to replace all the stock drum components.

But you keep bashing...and hatin' and workin that $250 a week job... :rolleyes:

2eDeYe;210803']Not everyone can weld...and not everyone thinks $150 is a lot of money' date=' especially where brakes are concerned.

Rotors and calipers will run you around $150...hell, it costs more to replace all the stock drum components.

But you keep bashing...and hatin' and workin that $250 a week job... :rolleyes:[/quote']

some can weld and some do think $150 is alot of money, especiallly for some metal that cost probably 15 bucks

I think the point missed here is someone spent the time to research and develop this idea, experimented, tested and ironed out the kinks so you get a satisfaction guaranteed, works the first time disc conversion. BEEBANI can charge whatever he wants for his R&D time, trouble and shipping. For those without the time/skills/equipment it's just one option. If you like dong this sort of thing (and I do) then make a set, make two and sell the other. After you figure it all out and make them, what would you charge?

Edited by datzenmike
some can weld and some do think $150 is alot of money, especiallly for some metal that cost probably 15 bucks

Sure, the metal costs $15, the laser to cut the steel costs $5 per piece (6 pieces per set) and I have to have a certain quantity cut to get that price, the power to run my welder costs money, the wire and gas costs money, my time costs money cause I'm away from my family and other things I could be doing, the fasteners cost money, the water to wash them costs money, the paint to paint them with costs money, there's the paypal fee, ebay's fee........you get the picture there kid?

Just 'cause you can buy the steel for $15, doesn't mean the overall cost of your brackets or anyone else's will be $15.

Sure, the metal costs $15, the laser to cut the steel costs $5 per piece (6 pieces per set) and I have to have a certain quantity cut to get that price, the power to run my welder costs money, the wire and gas costs money, my time costs money cause I'm away from my family and other things I could be doing, the fasteners cost money, the water to wash them costs money, the paint to paint them with costs money, there's the paypal fee, ebay's fee........you get the picture there kid?

Just 'cause you can buy the steel for $15, doesn't mean the overall cost of your brackets or anyone else's will be $15.

Amen :D

/endbullshit.

/continue original qustion

i guess any 6 lug rotors that will fit over hub will work, as long as you have a caliper and bracket setup for them

Not true. You need a certain offset of the rotor to clear the knuckle.

You could at one point buy a willwood kit off of ebay. It was $1700 or something due to the custom rotor. Might still be available.

Another option is custom upper control arms with 720 and hardbody brake and suspension components.

Yeah, Steve is right, it took several people on here including myself a lot of time to figure out what combination of rotor/caliper that worked perfect.

You also have to take into consideration the thickness and outer diameter of the rotor as compared to what the caliper will allow.

And, there's also not that many vehicles out there with 6-lugs that are small enough to work with these trucks.

i am a fabricator, and i bought beebanis control arms!! i used the hardbody option, machined the hubs to fit chevy rims and called it a day. best upgrade ever. the track width is a bit wider, but that is fine by me, now i may do a pathfinder or xterra rear diff, that way it matches up better, and i may want the pathfinder rear disc (if i ever find that elusive rear end)