matchbox ignition module

bonvo

looking for as many as i can get my hands on h2theizzo ill probibly be taking yours if its good any one else have ones that are good there willing to part with? i dont like the idea of paying almost $100 for a part the size of a matchbook

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

looking for as many as i can get my hands on h2theizzo ill probibly be taing yours if its good any one else have ones that are good there willing to part with? i dont like the idea of paying almost $100 for a part the size of a matchbook

you will only need one man :D

I need to track it down and find it

you will only need one man :D

I need to track it down and find it

lol i know but i would rather have a spare or to in the glove box so if it goes out i can replace it quickly and not be out a car to long

lol i know but i would rather have a spare or to in the glove box so if it goes out i can replace it quickly and not be out a car to long

they hardly ever go bad. i am surprised yours did

The only reason i had to replace mine, was due to the spade braking off on the matchbox itself. It still works, and i still have it lol.

looking for as many as i can get my hands on h2theizzo ill probibly be taking yours if its good any one else have ones that are good there willing to part with? i dont like the idea of paying almost $100 for a part the size of a matchbook

Thats why the Wrecking Yard Gods put the 280ZXs in the JY - Take/pilfer/pocket the ones from those cars, they are identical.

Thats why the Wrecking Yard Gods put the 280ZXs in the JY - Take/pilfer/pocket the ones from those cars, they are identical.

Steal the 810/Maxima ones.

BEWARE!!!

If the matchbox has only the two prong plug on the top you're good to go, but many of the 280zx and Maximas had a second two prong plug on the lower right side like this one:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/Nissan%20Electrical/DatsunEI003Large-1-1.jpg[/img]"]DatsunEI003Large-1-1.jpg

If it does, pass on it. If this type is used it will start and idle but when revved up it will cause up to 20 degrees of ignition retard. This type is used with EFI cars and the ECU perhaps is programed to introduce ignition retard for emissions purposes.

they hardly ever go bad. i am surprised yours did

The only reason i had to replace mine, was due to the spade braking off on the matchbox itself. It still works, and i still have it lol.

well when you find it i want it ill pm you with my shipping info and we will figure a price

i plan to but i have to have a good one to start so i can drive it

BEWARE!!!

If the matchbox has only the two prong plug on the top you're good to go, but many of the 280zx and Maximas had a second two prong plug on the lower right side like this one:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/Nissan%20Electrical/DatsunEI003Large-1-1.jpg[/img]"]DatsunEI003Large-1-1.jpg

If it does, pass on it. If this type is used it will start and idle but when revved up it will cause up to 20 degrees of ignition retard. This type is used with EFI cars and the ECU perhaps is programed to introduce ignition retard for emissions purposes.

Thanks, Datzenmike - you are right. I amend my statement.

Look for the E12-80 modules, I believe these are E12-93s for the EFI

got one commin looking for a second so i have a back up i think im gonna order a stock 79 620 coil tomorrow or maybe an msd coil just so i know the coil is good and rated as a 12 volt not 8 volt coil

Edited by bonvo

It's really rare for them to actually fail. They ground through the distributor body. Make sure you run a dedicated ground wire from the dizzy body...usually the screw holding the vac adv in....to the chassis. Core support or similar.

Don't forget to put the hink sink compound on the back too. You can get a small tube at Radio Shack. Just needs enough to act as a heat conductor...more isn't always better.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.