BEWARE!!!!! you get what you pay for.

steve g

Early this week i came across UpgradeMotoring.com that advertised the discontinued Mikuni Cam for the Naps Z24 for the insane low price of $95!!!!!

So i placed the order and it came today.... Hmmmmm............. Did you know that Mikuni uses the exact same grind, lift and duration as a stock z24 cam but in the form of a cheap "china at its best" casting?

You get what you pay for.... oh yeah and its clearly stated ALL SALES FINAL!!!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ive was burned 1 time on the net

I bought a sound blaster xfi-platinum for high end gaming, music and move shit for my pc. 200 dollar sound card. Fool never sent it, and kept claiming he did but never gave me a tracking number. Luckily paypal took the money from his account and paid me back. I turned around and bought another from someone else and had it in 2 days.

Besides that, ive been burned many times buying shit off craigs list with cars. Damn liars... Only place ive bought car stuff from that wasnt crap is here on ratsun. Least i know this place is honest

This xf-i is the shit tho :D

I called them today and i was very polite... i told them how the cam was a bad casting and was the exact profile as a stock z24 cam.... they told me thats not possible because they personally have the cams made by mikuni and HAND DELIVERED to them!!!!! And thats also why my cam did not come with anything related to Mikuni and the box it came in was nothing more than a giant cardboard shipping box filled with packing peanuts. They claim that they buy directly from Mikuni but cannot give Mikuni part numbers nor any cam grind information. Bottom line is its a bunch of Bullshit..... its a cheap $19.99 EBAY china repop marked up and called a Mikuni...then sold to trusting people like me. It pisses me off!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by steve g
Guest DatsuNoob
I called them today and i was very polite... i told them how the cam was a bad casting and was the exact profile as a stock z24 cam.... they told me thats not possible because they personally have the cams made by mikuni and HAND DELIVERED to them!!!!! And thats also why my cam did not come with anything related to Mikuni and the box it came in was nothing more than a giant cardboard shipping box filled with packing peanuts. They claim that they buy directly from Mikuni but cannot give Mikuni part numbers nor any cam grind information. Bottom line is its a bunch of Bullshit..... its a cheap $19.99 EBAY china repop marked up and called a Mikuni...then sold to trusting people like me. It pisses me off!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know the feeling. I got burned on a bait and switch online as well. I ordered a Megan racing oil catch can and got a chinese p.o.s that looked nothing like the advertised picture. It was actually a breather tank instead. Paid something like $65 for something worth about $5-10, probably made in a sweat shop by a victim of communist child labor. Box was a generic looking red box with chinese symbols all over it. Pisses me off too since I'd like to believe I'm getting what is pictured, especially since it is advertised in the description as a "genuine" Megan part. Why should guys like us have to second guess someone and confirm that its the real deal before buying, when it's both pictured and labeled as authentic. Some guy recently tried doing the same thing to me on a supposed "AEM" fpr. Looked nothing like the others listed for the same application, and the seller wouldnt give me a straight answer if it was real or not. Said he could show me the packaging it came in, and that he was listing it as what he bought it as (how it was listed by the previous seller). I told him I wasnt gonna bolt packaging to my engine and he got all pissy with Paypal about me refusing to fall victim to a scam and complete the transaction. I'm seriously very close to swearing off online purchases, and being an ebay addict, I do alot of them. I just hate scammers and how they go unpunished. Fuck those guys

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to update on this.....

I got nothing out of this but -$123 for a junk cam...

I did contact the BBB and ironically the Mikuni cam they claimed was real is suddenly not sold by them. hmmmmm........... I wonder how many z24 owners bought these cams from them over the years..... what about their other products? I have learned you get what you pay for and when high quality performance parts are sold new for 50% to 75% less than anyone else it is too good to be true

I have had Delta camshfts out of Tacoma ,Wa was not in spec. was stock lift but longer duration.

Buy from

Webcamshafts.com or Isky

Schneider does not make new cams for nissan but well regrind yours.

to their specs that they had listed. I have a 460lift 260in/270ex

Schneider and Webcamshfts will have CWC casting on the camshafts so I dont know if that is the real manufacture that cast the cores themselves. then sent to the cam grinder.

Mikuni did sell cams when selling their carb kits. So I assume they are selling the profile and not really a Mikuni cam unless Mikuni has outsourced that also. But this was in the early 90s