1973 Vtech Mini(son's)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kamakazi620

Are you and your son gonna build the GSR??? anyway Great job so far,I've seen these done on youtube they usually put integra type r's in them, GSR-170hp ITR-210hp only diffs in motors is pistons cams port/polish and ECU's and BTW my buddy has a sr20det has decent power but only gets 16 mpg on a good day at least with the honda motor you'll get close to 30.You can hate on hondas all day long but untill nissan can make a 200 horse 1.6-1.8 liter that still gets 30 mpg I'ma likey my hondas

Edited by kamakazi620
  • 1 month later...
Guest kamakazi620

So does hasport actually make b-series into Mini mounts or are those a diff mount kit? I have the steel set, less fancy but works the same :D

It's a front end kit it bolts on and replaces everything,google v-tech in mini

one of these days i want to pic up one of the full caged minis with the mid mount engine and full glass shell. The british company has a "dealer" in the states now, or did last i checked. Pretty sure they are on the east coast.

nice work on your guys vtec front mounted mini tho, i bet she goes real nice.

Except for the select two or three subframes that allow a non-extended nose, any twin cam conversion is going to be a major PITA. It involves quite a substantial amount of work, all of which has to be straight, most of which is structural, and the majority of which is rusty (Mini's are actually the only thing known to rust worse than Datto's).

If you want to get a ZedCar's Mini or Mini-Monte-Carlo, expect to shell out a very serious amount of cash for a toy. IIRC it took 20k just to get you into the mid engine Zcar's game. And that's not including motor and still requiring your mini shell.

Except for the select two or three subframes that allow a non-extended nose, any twin cam conversion is going to be a major PITA. It involves quite a substantial amount of work, all of which has to be straight, most of which is structural, and the majority of which is rusty (Mini's are actually the only thing known to rust worse than Datto's).

If you want to get a ZedCar's Mini or Mini-Monte-Carlo, expect to shell out a very serious amount of cash for a toy. IIRC it took 20k just to get you into the mid engine Zcar's game. And that's not including motor and still requiring your mini shell.

Yeah it was something like 20k. I had seen some already converted ones in the 10-15k range for sale over in the UK.

http://www.zcarsusa.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=33

11k ish to start.

Just so we're clear, that's 11k minus the Honda/ Busa motor (your choice) and the mini itself.

For 20k, which I have no doubt you'll be into by the time that's all said and done, I think you could save some major dime and keep the motor in the front. If you've never ridden in a rear-engined mini they're LOUD.

Just so we're clear, that's 11k minus the Honda/ Busa motor (your choice) and the mini itself.

For 20k, which I have no doubt you'll be into by the time that's all said and done, I think you could save some major dime and keep the motor in the front. If you've never ridden in a rear-engined mini they're LOUD.

yeah i can imagine how loud they are, and I have nothing against the front engine mini's, just really liked the zcars when I seen em. My old man owns a salvage yard so the motors arent that much of an issue. yeah the mini-shell will cost extra. I doubt it will ever be a project i will ever take on, but I still like em.

Kinda off-topic but one car I still really want to have is is the renault clio v6. Too bad it would be a total pain to try and get it legal here in the states. The used prices arent too bad if the dollar didnt suck so bad.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/list.asp?s=293

anyways back to the mini talk.

A clio would be amazing.

But I've seen a few rear engined mini's. None of them are "streetable"... unless you think hearing is for bitches. Don't get me wrong though they run like a raped ape. Truly a scary little thing if I've ever seen one, I'd just never own one. To each their own.

MiniTec (the honda conversion guys) is working on a Honda V6 rear engine conversion at the current. Personally I'm not sure how it will come out.

Either way, in a car that weighs sub 1500lbs, there's only so much power you can use. So FWD or RWD, any sizeable amount of power usually just ends up in huge amounts of wheelspin.

I think my next project will involve my wagon and the GTi-R drivetrain (SR20DET, ITB's, AWD, etc.). Even if it comes in at 1600lbs, it will be AWD, which will at least make it a little bit more tractable.

• 1 year later...

those r so sick

how much did u buy the mini for?

Thanks noob for bringing an awsum build thread to my attention. Any updates?

And resurrecting a 14 month old thread.

But yes. Awesome. Good find youngen.

What ever happened to this mini?

Did OP not finish cuz he got thread jacked?