620 crack free dash

I got this dash in hopes of keeping it for when I found a nicer 620 but money's tight and my z needs love. So, make me an offer on what you think its worth. Yes, I know the center piece is cracked but I find those things all the time in the yards un broken so I will get you one with the sale of this dash. peace.

Picture132.jpg

Picture131.jpg

the only crack i could find

Picture130.jpg

Picture129.jpg

Picture128.jpg

Picture127.jpg

Picture126.jpg

Picture125.jpg

Picture124.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

actually i bet i could get it shipped to ya for 25 bucks through USPS, I have a military discount that seems to make things very cheap. shipped a 20x18 20lb box to the UK for 30 bucks once. ooooh and I found a paerfect center piece for the dash today at a swap meet, plus I scored to for free!!!! So, this thing would make a very nice addition to someones 620, armorall it up and she would look brand new!!! peace.

Ron, the heater ducts and plastic, the dimmer, cardboard glovebox, instrument cluster, fuse block, seat belt warning light and flasher could be stripped off to lighten it some. Would cost to insure it for it's proper value though eh?

Ron, the heater ducts and plastic, the dimmer, cardboard glovebox, instrument cluster, fuse block, seat belt warning light and flasher could be stripped off to lighten it some. Would cost to insure it for it's proper value though eh?

Nismopu:

interesting!..I don't need much of the other..would like to have the "nice Cluster plastic surround" don't need another cluster..heater ducts either..all I really want is the dash and the brown? fascia....whacha want fer it...and whats the total cost gonna be? (dude if it is better fer you...you can PM me...)

Ultra violet light!

Only if the side window is open. UV can't pass through glass, so you can't tan indoors through a window. I have an uncracked dash in storage. They are all the same minimum age and yet some are trashed! Looks like the vynal shrinks as the cracks open up and yet some are fine. Maybe they belong to smokers or non-smokers ?? LOL

in the Z-cars, which are probably simular construction, it was always said to be heat that destroyed them. Even if you had a sunshade in the front window, if the interrior got hot it would swell up the foam and dry the plastic. Keeping the entire car in the shade or garaged is always the best bet to keep the dash in good shape.

Uh, Mike, UV most certainly passes through glass. You need Polarized glass designed to block UV to get high protection. It is true that window glass will block a large percentage (30-75% based on thickness) of UV, but the remainder is plenty powerful to do damage, especially over a 30 year period.

Damn, I am too slow. I am in search of a new dash, for mine is sun cracked all to hell. Not to be over inquisitive, but what did it go for? Just to get an idea of what I am looking at. PM would be fine, I can keep secrets.

On a somewhat related note; I cannot find a junkyard with Datsuns in it to save my life. Every place I go I have a conversation similar to: "Yes, I am looking for a '76.....Nope, do not have it." Pullapart.com claimed to have had one in Knoxville, but I have not ventured out that way yet.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff49/NFMachine/Inside.jpg

You know you've walked into the wrong junkyard when you say you're looking for parts for a 19... "Sorry, we don't have stuff that old". There's a yard near me that specializes in stuff 5 years and NEWER. I went in there in 2000 looking for parts for a '91 Corsica (9 years old at the time!) and they said it was too old.

okay, so garaged, sure. Sunvisor, sure. Silicone / armourall is BAD for the dash? What dash care product do you guys use then?

My Garage! (doncha just hate a f$%Kin smart ass like me?)......To answer that question tho...I would bet that if you could come up with the solution, you might just make that million bucks we all hear is out there....my 79 GMC full size had a new dash cap 10 yrs ago..covered it with a real nice carpet cover..s'pose to be the best fer it..well, that thing is cracke dalso..looks alot like the 70s' Dattos we are discussin here..... anyway, I keep the yellow truck in the garage and if I ever find a crack free dash maybe it will not crack....

Silicone is the bastard ingredient in Armour-all.

My 2000 Ram has a dash carpet/cover.The Z is always garaged.The 620's are probably going to get capped in the near future.The leather cleaner i use on the Ram interior,i also use on the dash,door panels,ETC.

okay, so garaged, sure. Sunvisor, sure. Silicone / armourall is BAD for the dash? What dash care product do you guys use then?

Discussed in several threads recently on the Roadsters mailing list. Short answer, yes, Armor All sucks. For more info and recommendations, go here:

http://www.team.net/mharc/archives/html/datsun-roadsters/2007-09/threads.html

and scroll down to see several threads with armor all or chemical protectants in the Subject.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.