My car scares children!

I've got a baja bug, its pretty cool. :P I'm headed back to work from my lunch break and my car lets loose a massive backfire.. its a little hot out and I'd been sitting at a stoplight... Well a Cadillac SUV was on my ass, and strangely pulls up next to me and starts screaming... I hear only the word "FIRE" and "PULLOVER"... So natrually I'm pulling into a parking lot fast as I can thinking "Don't burn up herb!" lol I jump out and see no fire and perfectly fine running VW engine.

Next thing I know the woman is screaming at me.... Shouting out how my car is loud, spits oil and is scaring her children and that how can I drive around with the back of my beetle all hanging out like that? She then starts screaming how she needs to call the cops and how apparently I'm intoxicated because I hit a curb.

I explain how its an older carbbed Volkswagen on a hot day and will have issues like that occasionally. She just spouted how she has a "custom motorcycle" and that it shouldn't be doing that...By that point I tell her I'd gladly call the police for her, she says "I have a cellphone" and wrote down my tag number. I just flipped her the bird and left by that point cause she was just wasting my time and I was late to work by that point... She also had the parking lot blocked so I had to go all the way to the other side of it to get out... Man, people are sometimes just jerks.

I like my herbie, regardless of what the woman says it has yet to fail me 100%.

Edited by FoxyRoadster
typo
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...it has yet to fail me 100%.

:thumbup: :love: bug

i watched a bug lose the left cylinders coming off the exit ramp(got my attention), dunno if the driver even realised it, as they continued to drive away... did sound a bit 'off' :lol:

now thats 50% !!!

:thumbup: :love: bug

i watched a bug lose the left cylinders coming off the exit ramp(got my attention), dunno if the driver even realised it, as they continued to drive away... did sound a bit 'off' :lol:

now thats 50% !!!

long as you have some duct tape, jb weld, 4 quarts of oil, and a toothpick you can fix a vw bug.

I don't see what the problem was so my car backfired? She had to inform me that she had a "custom motorcycle" and that it didn't have these issues...

Well my motor is also from at least the 70's and most likely had never been rebuild, fires up every day and hauls my happy ass back and forth to work..Occasionally smokes and backfires when too cold or hot, and has loud EMPI exhaust on it.

It also has foam filling in the rust holes, and is a perfect example of a offroad bug.

I know the feeling. People don't like driving behind me because it will occasionally spit fire on a larger backfire, it smells, it's loud and low... Probably bottoms out on big dips, it DOES bottom out on speed bumps... Overall an annoying car to follow!

Chris (NorCalDime) and I got a nice, friendly rednecked gentleman in a truck screaming at us a few weeks ago because "he saw us street racing, and that's illegal, and he took our plate numbers and called the cops cuz it's illegal to drag race on the street." He got the bird from me, as Chris and I were cruising following eachother, not even beside eachother!

People are weird sometimes. Tell that fucking cunt to die, and do a burnout/rev high past her car to scare her kids some more.

I know the feeling. People don't like driving behind me because it will occasionally spit fire on a larger backfire, it smells, it's loud and low... Probably bottoms out on big dips, it DOES bottom out on speed bumps... Overall an annoying car to follow!

Chris (NorCalDime) and I got a nice, friendly rednecked gentleman in a truck screaming at us a few weeks ago because "he saw us street racing, and that's illegal, and he took our plate numbers and called the cops cuz it's illegal to drag race on the street." He got the bird from me, as Chris and I were cruising following eachother, not even beside eachother!

People are weird sometimes. Tell that fucking cunt to die, and do a burnout/rev high past her car to scare her kids some more.

I was really friendly tell she started rubbing her motorcycle in my face, then waved the finger told her call the cops and left. My bug is 100% legal too, I know this states automotive code like the back of my hand.

She was looking for any lame ass reason to call the cops really, she was trying to find oil on her front bumper... All I saw was a caddy that needed the bugs washed off the front.

I was really friendly tell she started rubbing her motorcycle in my face, then waved the finger told her call the cops and left. My bug is 100% legal too, I know this states automotive code like the back of my hand.

She was looking for any lame ass reason to call the cops really, she was trying to find oil on her front bumper... All I saw was a caddy that needed the bugs washed off the front.

Fact of the matter is, she doesn't have any authority over you. She is allowed to call the police and try to complain about a VW bug that has exhaust problems common with many older carbeurated vehicles, but the reality is, nothing will come of it. She is not a police officer, and cops typically don't do well responding to angry, road-rage filled drivers who call in with a complaint about your car.

Our buddy Victor drives a motorcycle, and some lady looked at him, then almost ran him off the road with her SUV and kids in the back. Victor responded with 10k rpms of exhaust noise in her back window, making her kids cry.

I'm all for keeping the roads safe, but if someone tries to call you out on something you didn't do, fuck 'em.

My mini does that. I've got an open exhaust that comes straight back and I don't think I've ever had anyone tail me. I have had a really old lady come up to me in a mall screaming because my evil little car was disturbing her peace. Woo hoo.

Moral of the story: If you're legal, screw 'em. Get them for harrassment if they keep it up.