line locks... does anyone have one?

inline4

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

resourceful..but sadly, it wont work. Line locks are designed to hold the brake pressure for short amounts of time. 60 secs or less at a time or they burn up easily. Also you def don't want to replace the proportioning valve with anything....cept maybe an adjustable one which won't do want your looking to do.

I'm thinking of replacing that valve that splits the brake lines (dunno what its called) with a line lock, so I can kind of have a parking brake....

I think you mean a brake bias/proportioning valve unless you just mean a simple T. None of the things mentioned though will equate to a parking brake though.

Depends on the application, you would mount it just like the caliper and run a cable to it. It doesn't have to be some crazy billet adapter or w/e to mount it like calipers. If your just using it to park a piece of 1/4 steel and some bolts would be fine.

Depends on the application, you would mount it just like the caliper and run a cable to it. It doesn't have to be some crazy billet adapter or w/e to mount it like calipers. If your just using it to park a piece of 1/4 steel and some bolts would be fine.

google search indicates people have problems with the kit and hot rotors?

I really don't know, there are a bunch of different kits and applications. Just pointing you in the right direction.

You could always sell your rears and get a pair with a parking brake option too.

Ya I don't have the cash for no stinking ebrakes lol. I got 4x4 sections in my bed at all times. Whether it be for the parking brake or so the stock jack can actually reach the frame :lol::lol:.

if you want an cheep alternative to an ebrake that is hydr you can try a (buggy park lock)just google ,,i have used the chirco one on pretty steep hills and dunes it seem to work well ,,but i have not left it set over nite ,,another down side is that you would have to run hydr line inside passenger compartment with you,,if it fails brake fluid is nasty to cleanup