Carpet in my 620 56k warning lots-o-pics

72 327

Wanted to share, I put new carpet in my truck today. Before it had just the the rubber mats. I put down sound deading and heat resistant padding. Then put carpet over the top. Im not a pro but it turned out ok. Only bad thing is the big ass wires that go inside the cab and then back out to the starter. Its welding cable. HAHA. The center is kinda wrinked but Im making a center consol (sp?) so it will not be seen when that goes in. Also did the door panels but the orignal board was toast so it looked kinda crappy (see last 2 pics on the doors). Im redoing it with new board with vinal then putting a carpet kicker at the bottom. When doing that I will be doing the area next to the floor on the right and left sides with carpet. Hmmm headliner maybe next or a under the dash cover so you cant see all the wires hanging down... will see

Heres the pics:

datsun620_017.jpg

DSCF0030-1.jpg

DSCF0031-1.jpg

DSCF0032-1.jpg

DSCF0033-1.jpg

DSCF0034-1.jpg

DSCF0035.jpg

DSCF0036.jpg

DSCF0037.jpg

DSCF0038.jpg

DSCF0039.jpg

DSCF0040.jpg

DSCF0041.jpg

DSCF0042.jpg

DSCF0043.jpg

DSCF0044.jpg

DSCF0045.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well since I have a Small block in there it has greatly reduced the noise in the cab. A hugh improvement in the sound I can now talk to the other person in the cab. Also HEAT was a problem for me now the cab is cool allmost too cool last night it started to rain and it got to about 60 outside and the cab was cold inside. So if it did that much for me Im sure this would help you guys out alot. I also did inside the doors to and that makes a big difference in the sound of the door closing, more of a solid sound as opposed to the tin can sound of before.

Here is the link on ebay to the stuff I bought, It is the good stuff not the cheap bubble rap with foil on both sides.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=300145395603&rd=1

Oh ya how many of you would love to have California floor pans like mine. So glad this was done on a rust free truck..

i'm glad to hear it worked out so well. i bought the same stuff, just haven't got around to installing it. i didn't get the optional california rust free floor, my passenger floor still has a big ass hole in it. i didn't bother with buying the tape cause it looks just like regular foil tape to me. and i'm sure there's some laying around the garage somewhere.

floor looks good so far. did you take pics of the door where you insulated that as well?

No I forgot to take that pic it was raining when I did that. But all it was is 2 19" X 8" pieces of the insulation. Of course stuck on with 3Ms high strengh adhisive spray glue (get 3 cans if you are doing the whole car like I did). Ill get it when I take the panels off on friday to redo them.

my truck is canadian, and has floor pans just like yours! i just got really lucky, youd swear it came from cali, but it has been local all it life. doing the door panels is a good idea, i may have to pick up more sound deadning, whrered ya put it in the doors? against the outside? or inside?

you need four gauges on the pillar to be cool. ;)

Im kinda wondering what gauges you would like me to put on a pillar pod. Hmmm Other than a gas gauge and a volt meter I have them all. Maybe A Air/Fuel meter hooked to... hmmmm no O2 well I guess that will not work. Ya no Gas gauge I know when my Odometer hits 100 miles I need gas. About 9 gals at 100 miles so around 11-12 mpg. haha cool does cost.