Speedo, doesnt work..please help

i was driving my 521 the other day and passed by this deal on the side of the road that tells you your speed. So i decided to punch it and see how fast i could really get going. When that happened the speedo needle kept raising until it hit around 55mph, which is really 60mph, but anyways when i looked at the deal on the side of the road that ells you how fast you are it said i was going 70...:blink:...what the heck man, i paid a lot of money for that speedo and the needle only goes up to 55. Its an Equos gauge. im using the stock cable setup all the way back down to the tranny. do you guys have any ideas as to what it could be?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Proably the gearing is incorrect for the tire diameter you are running, together will normal speedometer accuracy tolerance.

I am not clear what you are saying. If you go 60 by the radar sign, does it say 55, and when you 70, it still says 55? If so, that could only be a problem with the speedometer itself.

Most, including Datsun, actually work by magnetic induction. The cable spins a magnet, so there is no limit to the speed of the cable or magnet. The magnet spins inside an aluminum cup tied to a spiral spring. As the magnet spins, the cup tries to rotate and so the needle moves. The spring keeps tension on the cup and regulates it. During manufacture the cup-to-magnet clearance is what sets the accuracy. For certified speedometers they carefully adjust this clearance by squeezing the cup 10/1000s on a inch. There is also the starting point for the needle (Datsun speedos use a thin wire post near 0), and sometime a stop on the high end.

• 1 month later...

Try doing,

UP, SQUARE, SQUARE, DOWN, LEFT, SQUARE, SQUARE, RIGHT, UP, CIRCLE, CIRCLE, DOWN, LEFT, CIRCLE, CIRCLE, RIGHT, UP, X, X, DOWN, LEFT, X, X, RIGHT, L1, R1, TRIANGLE, L1, R1, CIRCLE, L1, R1, L1, R1, CIRCLE, L1, R1, X, L1, R1, L1, R1, SQUARE, L1, R1, TRIANGLE, L1, R1, CIRCLE, X, DOWN, CIRCLE, X, UP, L1, L1, CIRCLE, CIRCLE, R1, TRIANGLE, TRIANGLE, L1, SQUARE, SQUARE, UP, DOWN, CIRCLE, UP, DOWN, SQUARE, L1, R1.

And then press B. If that dont work, i dont know what will :lol::lol:

Edited by h2theizzo
try doing,

up, square, square, down, left, square, square, right, up, circle, circle, down, left, circle, circle, right, up, x, x, down, left, x, x, right, l1, r1, triangle, l1, r1, circle, l1, r1, l1, r1, circle, l1, r1, x, l1, r1, l1, r1, square, l1, r1, triangle, l1, r1, circle, x, down, circle, x, up, l1, l1, circle, circle, r1, triangle, triangle, l1, square, square, up, down, circle, up, down, square, l1, r1.

And then press b. If that dont work, i dont know what will :lol::lol:

wtfo?