rims, can't decide, help!!

I wan wondering if someone with photo shop can help me with this..

i am lookin for new rims.. interested in some old school.. look a likes.. like the sportmax 513's or some drags.. u get me?? and not sure what colors would look right? silver bronze, or gunmetal.. any suggestions? i have these pics right now could take some better ones tomorrow if needeD?

180-8004_IMG.jpg

121-2185_IMG.jpg

tint.jpg

i wonder what these would look like??

fc4e_1.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

man thats a nice car you have.

lets start from the beginning. What was your fix on the clutch issue??????

Yes ROTAS are a great looking wheel that is cheap. I got a set from JLB motorsports. Depends what strut you have but +25mm will fit a stock strut. or +12 or is it 15 will fit a 280 ZX strut. I run stock hubcaps and like them.

On the +25mm on stock 510 struts maybe run a 195/45 series tire as the rim is very close to the strut(hitting)

people sre putting 0 offset and rolling the fender and 7in wheels are fitting so I think youll be OK.

One thing to consider with Rota's, the front center cap will NOT fit over a 280ZX hub! I have multiple E-mails and photos sent to Kim Bong at Rota. He basically said that without more complaints about it, there will be no changes made in the design:(

DSC_0137.jpg

One thing to consider with Rota's, the front center cap will NOT fit over a 280ZX hub! I have multiple E-mails and photos sent to Kim Bong at Rota. He basically said that without more complaints about it, there will be no changes made in the design:(

DSC_0137.jpg

Does anyone know if this is an issue for stock 510 hubs? I was planning to get these for my wagon eventually.

I found the same thing with the front center caps. I didn't think of it as an issue so I never complained. The wheels fit fine and that's what matters. (to me)

The Rota RBR is a good wheel and priced well. 16x8 for the rear, 16x7 for your front. Those should fit well on a lowered 510.

Well, i recently acquired some XXR 513, Banana Sport 15X8. They rubbed a lot until I rolled by bat on the rear fenders. im running 185/60 because of a budget issue, but I need to run at least 195/50.

They are similar to the ones you posted.

31052009007.jpg

man thats a nice car you have.

lets start from the beginning. What was your fix on the clutch issue??????

Yes ROTAS are a great looking wheel that is cheap. I got a set from JLB motorsports. Depends what strut you have but +25mm will fit a stock strut. or +12 or is it 15 will fit a 280 ZX strut. I run stock hubcaps and like them.

On the +25mm on stock 510 struts maybe run a 195/45 series tire as the rim is very close to the strut(hitting)

people sre putting 0 offset and rolling the fender and 7in wheels are fitting so I think youll be OK.

thnz about the car,,

well first thing, the clutch, for some strange reason. when i went from the roadster clutch to the origonal.. the t/o bearing carrier didnt work anymore.. it would bearly even touch the clutch.. so got another carrier from a 720. and worked fine..

i have 280zx front struts. planning on rolling fenders soon. my rears are rolled, but dnt think back will be a problem since for some reason i have -3 degrees camber? lol

i like the wheels i have now but got tired of them and i dnt want to run double spacers anymore..

i still want to keep 15's and run 205's like now..

and about the bore.. i tried a set of sportmax 002's they were 15x8 the front hub is a problem too. they said it's tappered or something and if i was to get those i need to get the wheel bored out a little.

right... but there's so many different wheels. and i was wondering which would go with the car's color.. and what not. what would you guys suggest?

If your car was my car, I would choose the gunmetal with polished lip. Gunmetal combines perfectly with your paint color.

The last photoshop pic...I think the axels are broken!!!! Ha HA.....why dont you just pic up some Gunmetal rim paint from schucks and paint your old ones like recommended in above post....that way you kill two birds with one stone by changing the rims a little so your not tired of the look and seeing the color against your orange.......mine are gunmetal schucks bomb can wheel paint and I like it alot against m silver.

haha broken axle.. those are rb's right? and i love how the bbs. looks. and the rb's.. so it's coming down to if i can find some meshies. the sportmax xxr 513 in hyper silver because the black looks ugly.. i was looking at the work equips in silver and black 15's

What are the wheels you have on it in the picture. Been trying to find out what they are.

That is the look I have been wanting.

they are rotas.. dnt know the name..

I bought them from the guy who owned the Smurf 2. Kelvin Dietz car.

rt_sd_ft.jpg

if ur intersted pm. me i have 6 rims..

109-0955_IMG.jpg