New headlights for my 620

72 327

I got 4 new headlights for the truck today. Tri-Bar 5 3/4" with black dots. H4 headlights but I went one farther and put in H4 HID kits in all 4. Using 4 HID kits I had to use 2 relays for the power because directly it would blow my headlight fuse and made the wire warm, so I figured that was not a good idea.

Tell me what ya think.

DSCF0028.jpg

DSCF0031.jpg

DSCF0032.jpg

DSCF0033.jpg

DSCF0034.jpg

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I still need to figure out how the relays are supposed to go in... I feel bad for people in front of you. h4s as brights are plenty for me.

Here is a little wiring Diagram if you need more I can scan the box the relay came in and tell you where each goes.

OH YA and I have no High beams this is a play truck so all 4 bulbs are on all the time when the headlights come on. I dont drive it much at night really just from the local weekend car show at night.

Headlgiht.jpg

Spiff!!!!!!!!

This harness(40$) is idiot proof hooks up to the starter +wire. plug the connetor to the outside light connector(that was in the light) this will be the trigger has a low beam relay and a high beam relay make sure you have a 50 amper alternator

I run H4 80/100 watts bulbs, Hella/Cibie/Bosch lamp housing when used with the H4bulbs(has a deflector using the lens housing to direct the light. There is a cutoff so the light does not go in the eyes of the oncomming driver. Just drive up to a garage door and alighn the lights then drive behind some one also so its not in the rear veiw mirror. Once you get thisa set up youll never go back to the cheap disposible 35watt lamps again. If you drive a Z car or landcruiser using the 7in lamp it will be even better since it has a bigger housing then the 5.75. it just more effiencent.

Dont even wast time with the H4 55/60 watt bulbs go with the 80/100watters I got mine from Ralleylights.com 7.98$ apc Hella (india) Im sure there are better bulbs but I bought 5 bulbs. Im sure PIAA and other are maybe better but cost alot more.

they say the Zenon gas bulbs are whiter!!!!!!!!

as for the lamps above 72 327, I would like to see if it has a cut off. I would not run 4 lights due to the cops pulling you/me over,oncomming driver irritation

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTricks/Headlights.shtml#OnLineOrdering

http://www.rallylights.com/hella/headlamps.asp

for Hella and the bulbs

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/products/products.html

for Cibies

Autopal also makes CHEAP lamp housings (INDIA)

heres another cheap H4 lamp set up for 2 lamps 61 $ is not a bad price but dontr know where is made.

I personally avoid the ebay Taiwan/China stuff.

I seen one guy have h4 lamps mad eof plastic thern complained when it caught on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

H4 does not have a good beam pattern for such a bright light.

I would only use projectors myself with a true HID. You will be able to see very well but you are really going to blind people unless you point those headlights down a lot.

Looks like a good setup. That probably cost quite a bit.

as for the lamps above 72 327, I would like to see if it has a cut off. I would not run 4 lights due to the cops pulling you/me over,oncomming driver irritation.

As the picture shows above. There is a cut off in the headlight unit.

These units where from ebay but I checked around and JEGS sells the same ones. These are glass lens and composit back not plastic. 4 tri-bar lights $128 shipped not bad. The HID kits where 4 units $156 shipped and they work great so far.

Oh my eyes, said Doug

The lights look brite. If your satisfied with it. I guess it good enough.

I am satisfied with my H4 80/100 watter Hella/cibie set ups. I highly recommend them to others with the harnessse up I used. which can be installed in about 15-30mins plus the lamp change.

I would like to see a side by side comparison but it does look brite but zi prefer to run german Lamps for some reason.

But if its made in Japan maybe I should get a set also!!!!!!!!

Ya a side by side would be cool. I just like when you turn on HID's they start dim and really Blue then they get hella bright and white. They buzz too. Where are you at? When is the next meet that everybody is going to get together.

Covington washington

I would like to see a set near me and if its better ,even if made in China I might get a set

I spent about $120 for the 2 lamps then 14$ for the 2 bulbs and 40$ for the H4 110/130watt relay harness.

But my highs are stock disposable lamps. I really just needed better low beams. I have already hella 500 55watt driving lights on the bumber

greentruck01_thumb.jpg

HPIM0240 (2)_thumb.jpg

I see no cutoff. The cuttoff would have a sharp shadow just above the center of the beam pattern.

Park next to a 350Z at night with both your lights on, then go out about 50 feet and look back at the cars.

It does look like you have your headlights aimed into the ground which is good.

The HID setup is a lot cheaper than I expected. Looks like a possibility for my truck. I have some projectors from another car and I was going to mount those up some day in addition to the factory headlights.

I have no thumbnail attachments... also if there is a restriction on attachments then I'm probably exempt being an Administrator on this forum.

I see no cutoff in those HIDs. The cuttoff would be in the housing, not the bulb. If you stick them in a car with factory projector lenses then the cuttoff is in the lense.

I'll buy those for my truck, stick them in the factory headlamps, and blind all of you!!!! Muahahaha!!!

You are right there is no cut off. Oh well Ill just make sure there pointed down and will not blind anybody more that 50 feet out. Now I wish Id hooked up High Beams too cause I would signal air planes.

Here is what I bought. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=170146466539&rd=1