hey guys should I buy this donor?!?!?

PtheDude

79 KC on CL for 550. said he'd take 500 if I show with 450 he'd still take it.

compression 125-125-126-125

plugs clean

U58 head bad? good?

webber carb on it stamped 32/36 dg5v? pretty sure it was a five, not E

truck 5 speed, good thru 4th gear at about 40 on city street.

was heavily modified in the 80's it has a tan leather wrapped dash and oak dash and center console! unreal! lots of old school ratrod fiberglass pieces as well.

never hit in front or back.

good 6 bolt enki's on it, as well as the original wheels with decent rubber

clear title

can I pull the 79 engine and bolt it up to my truck? radiator hoses, fuel etc, all that lines up?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Key things, how is the rust, how well does it run, are there enough parts for you to FEEL like you got $500 worth? IMO. If it has a solid body and (for my case) would pass smog in cali, I would snatch it up. I am not even looking for another sun but from what you described (with no pictures:() it sounds like a decent deal... ok done. Just my $.02

Uh, just found the pictures... Buy the darn thing!! Put it on the road, keep yours for parts lol. Don't forget it has disc brakes, dizzy blah blah blah... and swap the older grill into it.

I was thinking what he said, however I say the stock grill should stay! Stupid ugly old grills... IMa stop there. TO each their own. Atleast you will have the option to do either one:D

The pics are of the good side. other side's pretty bad, interior is completely modified and gone to crap. engine is clean, little oil, shifts good.

NO WHERE near as pretty as this:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Lysakers/Datsun75Shorty

My little red truck is TIGHT. Well, except that it squirts oil everywhere like a 14 year old boy. eww

Who likes the donor's old school 6 bolt GOLD enki's? They gotta worth a few bucks, no?

buy the damn thing already!! yes they gotta be worth something.. take that engine an put it in .. steel anything else you need also..

hey whats wrong with kingpins?? seriously cause no one likes them.. i wanna know why.. gotta be a reason.. just never been told..

I had king pins on my old 521 and they were stiff and worn. I tried to grease them but I think they were siezed, anyway I got the factory kit and had a machine shop redo them. Within 6 months they were stiff to steer and would not take grease, so maybe they weren't done right. Eventually had them done again for the second time with much the same results so I left it that way. Every month or two I would jack up the front and heat with a torch and try to pump grease in there but found that every morning after driving off road it was better. So at least once a week I would splash through muddy puddles and 'grease' my front end.

I guess king pins were just something I couldn't fix or replace with something else, and I hated that. For me they were just a bad experience.

The enki's are 10's the tires stick out the side of the truck a mile. Its REALLY hard to steer. Like a 60's F150 hard. I'll probably sell the enki's to a hardcore 510'r with a yello ride, or something. $120 for the set with 2 decent tires, 1 not so good one, and 1 dangerous one. just to keep it interesting.

I think the clock is the rarest, or one of the rarest, of all 620 options (next to the un-cracked dash). Depends on your location. I was surprised that 620s had AIR. Not really needed up here but common down south.

Although it may be rare, most people would rather have the tach than the clock due to usefull ness... Honestly I think the best way to find out what anything is worth is an auction. Better yet, what do YOU think is fair?