Updates on the Z ~ News ~ Cruise pics

Hokay so.... :D

In the last 2... almost 3 months, I've gotten 3 tickets. It was about time I learn to take it easy in town and trust me I've been driving like a grandma ever since this last ticket. The first one was on some back roads from my parents house, I stayed the night, was late for work, yada yada yada... took my ticket and moved on.

The 2nd ticket was when I was on my way up to Solvang (on this same back road) and first of all I was driving like a dumbass (having lots of find despite the fact I knew I was being a dumbass) peeled out of my neighborhood, burned out from the stoplight leading up to this road (Hwy 154) and I even passed one cop going probably 70+ in a 55 mph zone. I stepped on the brake and the cop just kept going, adrenaline going, excited to have the Datsun show in my old little town, and MSA the next day, I gunned it again. 5 minutes later I was pulled over for going 84 in a 55. Again totally deserved it.

My last ticket, some guy was speeding faster then me, I was just cruising around on my lunch break from work, and the cop was behind the pillar under an overpass, the other guy sped off and the cop got behind me, pulled me over and not only had me pop my hood and BS about the car for half an hour on the side of the freeway, he tried to tell me I swapped the vins, brought up I don't have highbeams or turning signals (out of everything the interior of my car was missing, thats what your going to pick on? thats one of the things I DO have officer... ) anyways, he wrote me up for speeding and fix it tickets for no front plate, bumpers, mirror (which I had taken off the day before to helicoil the threads so it didnt wiggle so much).

I went straight to work after that and ordered fiberglass front and rear 240z bumpers and went into the machine shop at work and helicoiled the mirror. Put my front plate on with... hot pink pipe cleaners :lol::lol::lol: so people stop asking my guy friends about the car or asking me if its "my boyfriends car". I've been rewiring the car from the tail lights to the firewall and just finished last night. I've got all the gauges, went with VDO because I boycot autometer gauges and love the simplicity of VDO. Ive got 3 of them wired, Gas, Volts, and water temp. I need another little sender for the speedo to convert the signal from manual to electric because VDO didn't make a mechanical one. I need to find a way to mount the oil temp sender in the oil pan. blah blah blah, the point is Its clean now :) and I have some working gauges which is nice :) :fu:Anyways, I washed the car and took her for a drive tonight and wanted to share :)

I'll go take some pics of the interior progress and post em. Oh and I'm moving up to Portland late August early September. Can't wait to be a part of the local Z crowd. :D

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0133-1.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good, I like the two tone. When I got my first Z I got massive tickets in it, mostly speeding. I used to street race it all the time and I loved to eat up Hondas not that its hard:p. I liked the look on all the other guys faces when they got smoked by a 35 year old rust bucket, but all those races I never got a ticket for it. Now that I'm a little older my foot has gotten lighter. Yours will to, maybe! Glad to see a cute chic with a Z.:D

Heres where it all goes down lol

garage.jpg

This is my little trick for rewiring the car. ;) needed something on the roof anyway :lol:

roof.jpg

This is after I cleaned it up a bunch. My lights, hazards, wind sheild wipers are all wired to toggle switches on my temporary dash, in these pics they are just hangin out. I have momentary switches on either side of the steering wheel for the turning signals. The only flaw I've found is I have to retrain my right hand to go for the left side of the wheel when I want to turn left and downshift, gets a little busy, but its easy to get used to.

workinprogress2.jpg

workinprogress.jpg

car is looking great im on the fence about the move lol we need more datto people in cali but considering the year of your z i dont blame you smog is a bitch here in cali keep up the good work car looks bad ass

Is this your dads house? Shit... I cant do much here. If I had a boy or girl that loved Datsun. I would let him convert my house into a junkyard for all I cared.

Haha :mellow: looking to adopt? jk

Nope this is my house... my dad doesn't support my addiction lol he is just getting used to the fact

Hot chick hot car, man it don't get any better than that. :D And your not afraid to get dirty.

That personal plate you have is a speeding ticket waiting to happen. :eek:

That personal plate you have is a speeding ticket waiting to happen. :eek:

Unless I am actually not speeding, but I'm still workin' on that. :oThe first year I had that plate, I drove like a madman everywhere, going across town (20 miles) twice a day for school. Never got pulled over once. These last 3 months have been a little silly.

A sheriff actually pulled me over a few days after the 3rd ticket, even though I wasn't speeding. He said he pulled me over cause the car "looked odd" and he came to the window laughing, kept pointing out every little work in progress and completely just making fun of it for about half an hour. I'm not the kind of person that's going to give a cop a hard time, I looked at it as... well at least he is having a good laugh. My friend was in the car too so I got to here him rant for the next week how messed up it was.

Z Rac3R -

Nice to see you back on the board posting again:thumbup:

I admire your work... Keep it up... Excellent!

Thank you :D

Hokay so.... :D

...the cop was behind the pillar under an overpass, the other guy sped off and the cop got behind me, pulled me over and not only had me pop my hood and BS about the car for half an hour on the side of the freeway, he tried to tell me I swapped the vins, brought up I don't have highbeams or turning signals (out of everything the interior of my car was missing, thats what your going to pick on? thats one of the things I DO have officer... ) anyways,

:rollseyes: thats when your supposed to show him the box of donuts on the front seat and offer them to him...

lol Im sure pulling you over and walking up to see every little thing gutted but the seats is pretty funny :D

lol Id love to see that first look of total confusion on their face :lol:

Haha oh its epic. The only ticket I've gotten where it didnt turn out with me and the cop laughing, was this last one with all the fix its :/ that was pretty weak. But I love telling the reaction stories. like... "Do you know how fast you were..... :mellow: obviously not... well.. uhhmmm" :lol::lol::lol: