Z'd LCA's for 2" drop on kingpin trucks, mklotz70

Yea Mike, there are a few issues, hopefully they are not done yet.

I'm still waiting to see a datsun in the banner.

I am the one that changed the page, page 5 is a killer, takes a long time to load up.

Good job on the arms BTW, seems a shame to get it to the point where everything is made(jigs), and not make them anymore after your done with this run.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you might have to do a refresh.....banner has been up for a couple of days.

Yep...I'm glad the page changed. I should probably go back and delete half of the pics. Oh well.....they're more for my reference than anything else :)

you might have to do a refresh.....banner has been up for a couple of days.

Yep...I'm glad the page changed. I should probably go back and delete half of the pics. Oh well.....they're more for my reference than anything else :)

What do you mean by "refresh", I can see the mini in the banner on the mini forum, and they are using the same system/program, whatever you call this, all I see here is the ratsun emblem.

Don't delete anything, one day after I get my arms and look at them, I will know what I am looking at in your thread, right now they are just photos, some don't make sense to me right now, but they will.

What do you mean by "refresh", I can see the mini in the banner on the mini forum, and they are using the same system/program, whatever you call this, all I see here is the ratsun emblem.

Don't delete anything, one day after I get my arms and look at them, I will know what I am looking at in your thread, right now they are just photos, some don't make sense to me right now, but they will.

I thought you were referring to Fish's 510 at the top of the forum page. I'm not a computer guy, but I think, depending on your browser(firefox, internet explorer) that it will just reload from your temp memory. Maybe if you click the refresh button at the end of the address bar it might show you the 510.

cant wait to see a pic of some arms pop up with my name on them ;)

I'll see what I can do :) I put Pat's on there since his are getting a slightly different treatment than the others....I wanted to make sure I got the initial setup done right before I steam rolled through like an assembly line.

My back is starting to come back around so hopefully, I can get some more time in the shop soon. It's my wife's weekend now, and I don't typically get in the shop much on those 2 days........but maybe :)

That's kinda funny that 2 guys with "vw" in their screen names are building 521's. lol

Actually, the first set of arms will most likely go to a2lowvw. I got it and Pat's arms tig'd and tacked together today. They're both ready for final welding. I'll start cutting Wayne's and Bob's tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll have everything ready for final welding sometime friday. Fitting and tacking is taking way longer than I was thinking it would :( As soon as these arms are done, I've got a couple of sets of kingpins to do, then I get to move on to my next design project :)

I am doing less building and more maintaining/enjoying... have been daily driving the truck since i bought it and have a blast everyday.

btw i need to get a downpipe flange from ya if you still have any. lmk when you are ready to ship and i will have you send it at the same time.

Made some good progress today. We'll see where I'm at tomorrow afternoon when I shut down for the day. It looks pretty good to have everything prepped for final welding. There's going to be hours of final welding :(

Sorry....all out of the steel flanges....only the stainless ones left.....lots of them left :(

Things went slower than I thought they would, but considering my bro has been in town for the weekend, I'm surprised I got anything done.

Next up....tacking the tension rod mount in place.....then on to final welding.....which may not happen until about wed or thurs.

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0342.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

Made it in to the shop today to get the last pieces tacked up. Tomorrow is the huge swap meet here, so I'll be there for the better part of the day. Hopefully, saturday will find me doing final welding.

IMG_0357.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg

• Like 1

4.5hrs of walking at the swap meet yesterday had me sore enough already! 4.5 hrs of welding and I'm just about dead right now! :( Final welding is done. I need to give them another once over to make sure I welded everything, then I'll do a bit of grinding, scraping, and then a quick dusting in the sandblast cabinet.

I'm far from a pro welder, but I think these will stay together just fine :) I'll have to way one now just to see how much wire got added.

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0367.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg

Finally!!! All I have to do is box them up and send them out! That will happen tomorrow morning. Worked graveyard, then another 6hrs in the shop....I'm done for the day! :)

final weight on the arms.

IMG_0373.jpg

All done :)

IMG_0389.jpg

I might have made a couple of $'s on this venture if I hadn't had to redo the gussets to the tune of $300.......or trash a set of arms, killing another $250! :( I'm not sure why, but this one arm would have had the dogbone tilted forward......not good. A bit of backwards tilt would have been okay. I tried to "tweak" it and ended up F'ing it up good :( Oh well.

IMG_0380.jpg

IMG_0381.jpg

So....I have one set of 320 arms left to sell. Hopefully, they'll sell without having to put them on ebay. :)

I'm undecided on doing more of these. Maybe if the 320 set sells and I get a prepaid order for another set, I'll order up some more gussets. The prob is that, since guys are keeping their cores, I don't have any more to do. For me to do any more arms, I will have to receive a set of arms from the buyer. That alone will probably stop any further sales. lol

IMG_0380.jpg

Couldn't modify this still to work? Maybe a different mount or bolt assembly? Maybe weld her up and line bore it then thread it? Seems like a waste....

Maybe you could invent more stuff for us to make life easier like getting rid those stupid "cotter pins"...

Excited. Thanks Mike.

All done. Wayno picked his up today. One 320 set left to sell(comes with shock bolt/nut) $250 + $50 core + $20 shipping = $320

Here's a couple more reference pics of the tension control rod mount.

IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

Now to finish the kingpins :)