Z'd LCA's for 2" drop on kingpin trucks, mklotz70

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I kept hoping to get some vid finished up for an update, but that hasn't happened yet.  All three sets are cut.  Clearance for the shock has been machined on all, as well.  One arm has been mocked up and test fitted.....pretty much ready for welding.  Hopefully, more progress this weekend :)

• Like 1

I believe I have a set of 520 LCAs in the back that could be used for this, but you definitely would have to buy them from Mike and give me yours, as I don't need another set of drop arms, I have all I need right now.

:D

Getting shit done man.
Still thinking about a pair of these for the 521... Their not all spoken for are they??

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hard to say......for a couple of these guys, they've been waiting months.  Now that I have the parts prepped for the next 3 sets, it should go pretty quickly.  If I was doing one set, I could probably push it and turn them around in a week from when I receive them.  $350

• Like 3

Great work on these arms Mike. I know you have many hours put into research & fabrication & it shows !

In theory with a set of your arms & re keyed torsions a guy could lay a 521 very low & still get a decent ride AKA not riding on the bump stops.

• Like 2

Thanks Mark :)   The ones I modeled these after were $500/set and way simpler. lol    I'm sure I have spent a couple hundred hours just writing/posting and shooting video of this process from the time I started.  I'd hate to think about how many hours I've spent getting them to this point.  Hmmm.....which reminds me.....I need to go in and tweak the CAD art before the next batch of parts is needed.

I re-indexed the NL before I put these arms on.  Once the arms were on, I had to move them back.  With 14" rims, you can easily have the cross member at the scrub line if you lower the bars much.

• Like 1

Your the man mike!

The amount of time you've put on these is insane! I really want a pair from you, just have far to many things that need to get done... new 5speed... driveline for it... Shit 350!!?? For a set and I'm super close to having all the parts needed for a front disc swap... damn would it be nice to have these when I go to do the brakes!!

Like always great work!

Maybe I can find something to sell to get some hahaha!

• Like 1

I dont mind my truck being down for a while lol 350 at this time is just not doable i have 2 trips to cali next spring/ summer for weddings so i gotta save all my "play money" for that hoping you do another run of these

• Like 1

If I end up with several to do at one time, I will drop it to $300.  I quoted this last batch for $250/set before I submitted the laser cutting order.....that ran a chunk more than I was expecting.  I honored that price on those.  One of these days....when I have some time....I'd like to design an option that won't require donor arms! 

• Like 1

I'm pretty much caught up with the videos now.  Not sure if I'll post them all today or not.

I got everything set up to start mig welding.....only to find out that I'm almost completely out of gas! :(  So....instead of making a mess and not being able to finish, I spent the time getting caught up on video editing.  I've still got hours of editing left on another subject, but these are caught up for now. :)

• Like 1