One bad 240sx!!!

All the motor needs for 850 HP is an upgrade to the fuel managment system and bigger injectors. The turbo can put out 47 pounds of boost if so desired.

Puttin yer money on the 327, thats fair. But, you have not ridden in this car or seen it go down the track.

The look on a V8 guys face when he gets his ass waxed by a 4cylinder is priceless. Seen it many times.

I wonder if you have any idea of what fast really is? Pretty sure an 1800lb pickup against a MUCH heavier car like the 240sx would lay some serious smack down 350hp or not. lol! peace.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed keep the piece, I know I gota change the sig.

Here's the deal its a Nice car but I think he may have over paid a bit. But I have to in some areas. The chances of a meet up pretty close to not happening. and on a track almost impossible. All I have is numbers right now dyno sheet with the old rear end. The closest track to me is 120 miles away and I dont have a trailer and my truck would be so hot after a trip like that it would be not worth running. Its just another 240 to me with a sr in it. Seen it before. by all means NOT Bad Ass. Ok Im done Ill go back to researching rear ends.

Edited by 72 327
Its just another 240 to me with a sr in it. Seen it before. by all means NOT Bad Ass.

exactly, go to golden gardens in march in seattle.. 90% of the cars population is 240s with sr's ok maybe not 90% but it seems like it when every other car is a 240 with an sr swap lol, its still a neat car.. an im sure he loves it an is proud of it an thats all that really matters

The sleeper reason would be a valid reason IF it didn't have a bright ass orange front end on it with a giant decal and stickers. Seems apposed to the sleeper bit doesn't it? lol

Idk what dif it makes if under the hood is low key when it already has a sr in it and is painted up like a whore.

So many people always bring up the oh all it needs to make blah blah hp is this that and the other. Ya ya ya that motor and every other motor in existence only needs _____ to make ____, doesn't make a dif.

I personally could give a shit how many cylinders anything has. The hp/tq to weight ratio, gear ratio, tq curve, lag etc are what matters for a drag and comparing the 2 AS IS I really don't see that s13 winning. One could argue it depends who hooks up better or has better of the line times but that's really ALL races so, moot point. Car vs car is all you can compare really.

I'm just talking too not trying to argue or anything like that, just how I see it.

to be fair now, i like the 240sx myself. i've played with them back in 98', the cvcc guys didn't know what one was. unfortunately at this point in history it's like an evo, scion or an sti,:rollseyes: one on every corner. 03' came and every kid with skinny jeans and a job at a movie theatre that never turned a wrench or even wired a stereo bought a 'rolla or 240 after they saw a drift show at irwindale or that crappy initial D cartoon. kinda killed my buzz. i do like to see how folks modify them, but as the years wear on it becomes more difficult to be original, like with the domesto kustoms and rods. if you love yer car and mod it, then i applaud you for wanting to do something you enjoy. only through education and research, trial and error, and a whole lot of embarrasment :blink: at car cruises or at the track you can get your passion to pay off.

now as far as spending 15k goes, that's easy! if you pay retail plus 15% through your installer and then get hit for labour for every piece you've got listed, it's no wonder there's no paint and bodywork? things are incomplete? no LSD? stock flywheel and clutch? tire and wheel combo leaves no traction? any suspension? and the power to the ground is lackluster? tell him to stay on it and keep building, it's a bitchin' whip! like i've said in the past, sell yer A$$, C0(l< and B@11$ to get what you want, cause there ain't nothin' a bar of soap can't fix. :D

cheers

Agreed keep the piece...and my truck would be so hot after a trip like that it would be not worth running. Its just another 240 to me with a sr in it. Seen it before. by all means NOT Bad Ass.

Alright look man...I have seen Big American V-8's shoved in everything from Fiat 850s, Honda 600s, Landcruisers and Lancias to moyorcycles. This guys sort of attempt at "bad az" is really no different than stuffin a huge V8 in somethin way too small for it. Pretty over done.

I have seen many cocky and arrogant ricers go down to serious Mopar displacement...I have seen plenty of Vettes get straight up hosed by a Subaru too.

I happen to like the color combo on this 240, not the layout. The ground effects are pretty last year but I think it's better than a grey primered car with neon green accents.:rolleyes:LOL

If by just driving you are overheating your truck...:blink:...is that really bad-az? I mean look...I love the look of your truck man...I happen to think that having a big motor is dumb. I get that parts are super cheap and thats really smart. Even the machine shops give Chevy guys a break cause they do em so much.

Very wise use of money...I mean bang for buck is way better.:rolleyes:

Unless...you check CL for a sweet running KA24de plus all required parts and a 5spd trans for 600 bucks and do the work yourself I suppose.

I think that it's cool that he didn't bolt a huge stupid wing on it...:eek:

This guys brother has somethin to be proud of...even the fact that he is proud of his brother is pretty dang bad az if you ask me. I spend most of my week trying to get kids I teach to show a little respect for their family.

Anyway...I can make my tires make a sqeeling noise in first and second gear when I rev it up a whole bunch:lol:

I say you simply compare 0-60 speeds and forget it.

Or we start our very own Ratsun "Pinks" show. It could be called RatPinks

Peace to everyone :cool:

Alright look man...I have seen Big American V-8's shoved in everything from Fiat 850s, Honda 600s, Landcruisers and Lancias to moyorcycles. This guys sort of attempt at "bad az" is really no different than stuffin a huge V8 in somethin way too small for it. Pretty over done.

I have seen many cocky and arrogant ricers go down to serious Mopar displacement...I have seen plenty of Vettes get straight up hosed by a Subaru too.

I happen to like the color combo on this 240, not the layout. The ground effects are pretty last year but I think it's better than a grey primered car with neon green accents.:rolleyes:LOL

If by just driving you are overheating your truck...:blink:...is that really bad-az? I mean look...I love the look of your truck man...I happen to think that having a big motor is dumb. I get that parts are super cheap and thats really smart. Even the machine shops give Chevy guys a break cause they do em so much.

Very wise use of money...I mean bang for buck is way better.:rolleyes:

Unless...you check CL for a sweet running KA24de plus all required parts and a 5spd trans for 600 bucks and do the work yourself I suppose.

I think that it's cool that he didn't bolt a huge stupid wing on it...:eek:

This guys brother has somethin to be proud of...even the fact that he is proud of his brother is pretty dang bad az if you ask me. I spend most of my week trying to get kids I teach to show a little respect for their family.

Anyway...I can make my tires make a sqeeling noise in first and second gear when I rev it up a whole bunch:lol:

I say you simply compare 0-60 speeds and forget it.

Or we start our very own Ratsun "Pinks" show. It could be called RatPinks

Peace to everyone :cool:

well put :)

I didn't say my truck was bad ass. In fact I never have. If somebody says that about my truck I say "it is what it is, Thanks" and I move on.

As far as overheating. Ya like you said its big silly motor in a little truck it gets hot when driving for long times. To be honest it stupid really, Its really just a show truck, I drive it maybe 20 miles a week unless there are a couple shows on the weekend. Its for fun and not a daily driver.

Edited by 72 327

You know, I take enough crappile V6s domestics and a few older V8s with my itty bitty L20B with dual SUs. It all comes down to power to weight ratio.

And I know my 510 isn't fast. I know a V8 in a 620 would eat it for lunch. But what I do know is my 510 will walk away from all those drag racing set ups in the dirt. :D Which is why I'm building it. To each his own, but there's always someone bigger, faster, better, etc.

And for the record, the 240 shown originally looks like a good start, but nothing finished. And I doubt it handles worth crap unless the brother or whoever has a separate set of rims with slicks in the garage. Not to start a tirade, but do it right or don't do it at all. Everyone goes for mind blowing horsepower, to what end?

I used to know a guy with a bone stock 97 240 who autocrossed. He left the motor alone and put 12,000 into suspension, and maaaan it was nice. Money well spent in my opinion. Yeah, he might not take he SRed 240 on the street, but you can bet your ass he wouldn't drift the car off the cliff in the twisties!

+1 for post whoring, I need to go to sleep to go work on the 510 in the morning before work. :D

+2 for post whoring. I have unemployment class at 8:30am in the morning. But working on the truck afterwords. LOL

All the motor needs for 850 HP is an upgrade to the fuel managment system and bigger injectors. The turbo can put out 47 pounds of boost if so desired.

Puttin yer money on the 327, thats fair. But, you have not ridden in this car or seen it go down the track.

The look on a V8 guys face when he gets his ass waxed by a 4cylinder is priceless. Seen it many times.

So I've been around 240's a while now (since 1998) and I have built and helped build more then my share of SR's and if thats a $15,000 dollar motor some one got raped and I mean that. I have seen and helped build SR's that are dyno proven 400 to the ground for UNDER $11,000.

"The 3071R is a brand new "450 HP" ball bearing turbo introduced by the Garrett engineers."

The GT30 class turbos do not make over 500 on small disp motors. The GT 3071R is only a medium frame trubo, and you need a large frame GT45 or GT47class turbo. Also a full standalone system, a piggyback is not enough.

And if your gunna start calling cars out there bud, my friends got a Grand National we can drive down run on the track with you.

Offers always open just think about it.

By the way if you dont blieve me bout the Garrett Turbos start reading.

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/products/turbochargers.html

+4 post whore

Seriously, what the hell is unemployment class? In oregon you just say you looked for work, and thats that. you get your money..

In WA, you ahve to tell them where, when, who you talked to, an address etc etc etc and keep logs of all the shit. I could see why, but damn really?

to be honest, i make MORE on unemployment then i did working... thats some sad shit

+4 post whore

Seriously, what the hell is unemployment class? In oregon you just say you looked for work, and thats that. you get your money..

In WA, you ahve to tell them where, when, who you talked to, an address etc etc etc and keep logs of all the shit. I could see why, but damn really?

to be honest, i make MORE on unemployment then i did working... that's some sad shit

Yah its the same in Cali also but a select few (lucky me) have to go to 2 classes there 4 hours each. First one basicly a BS intro to the working of unemployment. The second is "a we can help you find a job" class. They don't start the filling out forums until your 3rd extension. I make $1900 a month on unemployment ($475 a week). I used to bring home after taxes $2913. My unemployment is the max benifit in California. So its shitty for me. But it works and I get to work on my cars/truck.

K Im going to bed now.

Edited by 72 327

Just my personal opinion..

It's not that great of a car and I'm pretty sure that 15grand could have been turned into something much nicer. But hey, you like what you like..

And the whole "smoke a v8" crap. I can personally say that my dads stock motor 75 620 with a 4:10 rear end smoked pretty much everything in it's day, partially because of the killer acceleration and handling, but mainly because he knew how to drive the damned thing. Engine size doesn't mean shit.. I've been on some 1 cyl bikes that could smoke the shit out of that thing :lol:

Give your brother a pat on the back, and maybe throw him some cash so he can put some paint on that ugly ass thing :P

I only read up to "The turbo can put out 47 pounds of boost if so desired".

And i was thinking this dude has no idea, 47psi:lol::lol::lol:

And i dont think any Sr is gonna take that much psi either:eek: